What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Some of you may remember me posting on the G.O.M. thread about Santander totally fucking up some ISA's that Kate and I took out about a year ago. They initially "lost" our money in their system, and then issued Kate's certificates with her first name and my Surname. Anyway, it's finally all sorted out (actually it was a few weeks ago now), but this arrived today for me, and Kate got one as well!

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

NOMS!

rooting about in the deepest depths of my shed (shed no3) while looking for a very small bit of plastic i found a cortina rear brake fitting kit (i was just about to buy one), a set of cortina Ghia centre caps, a box of gedore spanners and sockets and a wheel bearing for a super minx :D

^^^ Is that in Brentwood? One of the few remaining petrol stations selling leaded 4-star if I remember rightly!

I believe so, a friend tagged me in the photo on facebook.

Oldford - I saw you at work today as i drove past in the Cortina about 12.15pm, you may have heard my air horns going off...

Wiggins and Froome.

Aye. I've found this year's tour a bit odd, because it's the first we've had "from the inside, looking out" rather than the other way around. It's very odd not cheering on a plucky Brit down in the double-figures area, and hoping that next year they might be top 10; it's also very odd not to have a foreigner as my personal favourite, and also not wanting to see them produce fireworks in the mountains to rip the field apart and trounce the time-triallists*.

Brad and Chris, you've done yourselves proud, and I am so happy about it. It's been making me grin for the last couple of evenings, as I never though I'd see a British tour winner in my lifetime!

*Strange as it may seem, I used to time-trial - poorly - some 4-5 stones ago...

Just saw a trailer for a film called "Belle Ami".

Not really concentrating on the telly, I was looking away when I heard the typical gruff advertising voice saying "Bellamy is sexy and scandalous".

Nature documentaries will never be the same again.

Dead chuffed I removed all the soft furnishings out of the Polo yesterday because today I've had to mop a couple of pints of rainwater out of him. Talk about lucky!

?

There's a german company on eBay selling cheap lowering kits for T25s, and they call themselves "Bad Grip Performance" :lol::lol:

That translates as "Bath Grip Performance" and is actually a reference to the racy nature of these.

2009-11-14--4-24-48-902-3.jpg

Dead chuffed I removed all the soft furnishings out of the Polo yesterday because today I've had to mop a couple of pints of rainwater out of him. Talk about lucky!

?

Seats and carpet. My seats have often been likened to armchairs in appearance, so I've taken to calling them the soft furnishings.