Datsuncog's Heaps: Sept 2023 - Another Year's T-Met Exemption Certificate...

Datsuncog

Well now... some good guesswork going on here!

I'm generally fearful about enumerating poultry prior to full incubation; so I'm not sure whether I should hold off with the big reveal until tomorrow, and then provide a completely lame and pointless collection thread as and when the deal is done... (the seller's only about nine miles away).

A deposit was left with the vendor, balance payable tomorrow night, and I've been bricking it most of the evening as this car is very far away from any of my prior wrecks, both in shape and in philosophy. And performance, quite possibly.

I can assure all here assembled that The Thing is unnecessarily large, pointlessly thirsty, and has an exhaust note that I can confidently state will have Next-Door with his Evo 9 craning his neck to see what all the commotion's about.

Strangely, the impetus for this purchase came largely from Mrs DC, who has hankered after one of these since she was but a slip of a girl. Her Canadian friends also speak very highly of them. I do remember the launch ads for them back in my own teenage years; but otherwise they've been kind of under my radar.

Not for much longer, hopefully.

New Thing to go here.

20180425_180007.jpg

^^^ Is that your final answer...?

(I'm rubbish at this.)

Anyhow... of equal importance, really, is the matter of what's to be done with the Gooner thread? Is it the done thing to just change the title and carry on shiteing (as it were), or does tradition dictate that new car = new thread, with this one being mothballed??

I'm easy with either; I'm just aware there's likely to be overlap between New Thing arriving and The Terrible Gooner Twins being towed away to live on a farm, so don't want to break the Rennerflow unnecessarily.

Please state your preference below!

I used to do a thread per car, but just continue the existing one now. I have done with both lagunas anyway. The other 4 are long gone now, fallen to the depths of the forum bottom.

Its why my first post is always short so I can find the edit button easier rather than scrolling past 96 pictures to change the title.

On 4/25/2018 at 9:14 AM, beko1987 said:

I used to do a thread per car, but just continue the existing one now. I have done with both lagunas anyway. The other 4 are long gone now, fallen to the depths of the forum bottom.

Its why my first post is always short so I can find the edit button easier rather than scrolling past 96 pictures to change the title.

^^^ Now that's planning ahead... wish I'd done that now! Rather than having to scroll through 50 pics of spark plugs each time the title needs updating, like a dolt.

Yeah, reckon I might just keep going with this one thread, rather than having to juggle multiples. It's sad when really cracking threads inevitably sink to the bottom once they become dormant... what we maybe need is a "Best Of Autoshite" (Autoshite Greatest Hits? Golden Greats?) containing links to some of the really, really entertaining/informative threads of yore - y'know, the Thread of the Year winners and nominees, the ones that best sum up the spirit of this place, that old-timers can reminisce and chuckle over, and newbies can draw inspiration from for their own threads.

While I twiddle my thumbs waiting to find out how much Privilege want to violate my wallet in order to swap my insurance over onto the New Thing, has anyone got any suggestions for Autoshite Greatest Hits?

Much as I'd love to have a Pontiac Tempest arriving on my drive (and well done for the sleuthing, that does indeed fit the criteria), some of the others have twigged my posts yesterday on the SQA/Questions/Ask A Shiter Thread (whatever it's called today)...

http://autoshite.com/topic/31328-ask-a-shiter/?p=1486714

http://autoshite.com/topic/31328-ask-a-shiter/?p=1486737

Yup. It's a 2003 Subaru Forester 2.0 XT.

But I won't quite believe it until I have the green slip in my hand and I'm on my way, later on this evening.

More details to follow...