Car park ding

DVee8

In our local Sainsburys car park this morning walking towards the door a black fiesta pulls into the space in front of us at that point i said to our lass that she will never make the turn due to the angle.Sure enough she hits the car parked next to her about a 1/2 meter long scrap/dent along the door lower.Out of the car she gets did i hit it she asks,YES we say at that point she goes to the front of her car to have a look,she then rubs the scratch with her keys in hand.At no point did she look at the polo she hit,we took photos of her car and the one she hit.Off she went saying she was going to customer services via getting a trolly!with us behind.Now we went to customer service she disappeared into the shop.Customer service put out a call for the owner,along comes a young lass who when told was just speechless.At which she said she was going to sit and wait till the other driver returned.

I saw some old bat in a P38 Range Rover do that once. Also in a Sainsbury's car park; she just swiped another car, realised her mistake, then drove off. I left a note on the windscreen of the damaged vehicle. I think it was a Focus.

Sorry for the lack of shite content in this post.

My car was lady owned for a long time so its peppered with all sorts of parking dings down the side, together with a poorly disguised rattle can patch on the nsr , the plastic arch is still scraped. I'm actually glad its like that so I don't worry about it and a lot of people with nice cars actually move away from it :D

Hate it when people do that though.

On a more shite note, I saw what I thought was a driverless Hillman Hunter coasting towards me the other day. Few seconds later the driver popped back up from under the dash and the car chugged into life. Bloody lovely it was, in white, f reg and all! Wad quite surreal.

Not just divvy tarts, old giffers as well. When my Dad died I took his car to Gary, my coachwork bloke, he walked around it sucking through his teeth before giving me his appraisal: "The only panel that doesn't need repairing is the roof" This on a car that had done less than 7k miles. His other car he had scratched the roof and windscreen as well by driving through a barbed wire fence.

I hope I know when to give up driving.

I drove our old camper 5k miles across Europe without incident. We arrived back on UK soil and stopped at the first motorway services where as I was getting out of the van a woman attempting to park next to me drove straight into the back bumper. I was completely gobsmacked when she reveresed about 10 yards and was about to have another go without any change of direction. Some angry words were said but this didnt deter her and she lined up for a 3rd go. I had to stand in the space eventually and tell her to find a different parking space. There was quite a crowd at this point :oops:

My mother didn't have her little Mazda 121 DB for very long and was at a local fitness club doing yoga.

As she was getting ready to leave, a woman came in and asked if anybody knew who the owner of the little blue bubble shaped car was?

Mum pipes up as the owner.

The woman gave my mum the details of the car, driven by some old giffers, that drove right down the right hand side of the car - completely flattening the doors in... :shock:

Police contacted and car/owner traced.

Old giffers responded by saying they thought they'd driven over a pot-hole in the car park and that's what they assumed made their car shake violently......lol :roll:

I usually go to M&S in Newtownabbey, and there's usually some proper "old money" cars there (note to self: take pics!). Last time I clocked a plated w123 estate 280, a Bobby Ewing and a couple of old Rangies. A fit, young bird in a 370Z winked at me too. Down in our local town centre I regularly see a wee tiny old woman driving a Pete-M spec XJ-R, and she doesn't spare the horses.

Regarding car park dings, my Grandfather pranged a UTC bus in this:

daimler4litre.jpg

Grandad was driving up Royal Avenue in Belfast, and the bus pulled out. Daimler's rear bumper neatly hooked the bus at the rear wheelarch, and ripped it open like a tin can, arse to tit.

My VW bora and my Volvo S80 have both been victims of car park dings by unscrupulous people this year.

Neither cars are worth much and have various other marks. I probably wouldn't claim for the damage (unless the offending party was an arse) but the fact that people do this and then drive away really pisses me off.