The grumpy thread

outlaw118

an interesting drive home tonight on an ungritted motorway

IMG_5333.thumb.jpeg.e15e8d999625bfae250f322534a5eacc.jpeg

made all the more interesting by my being tailgated at 40mpm by a fucking snowplough ! seriously, he was about a car length off my bumper - absolute arsehole !

glad i bought those winter tyres the other day, shame they’re still sitting in the garage and i’m driving on death rings. i did have a little bit of handbrake fun on an empty roundabout when i was nearly home :) 

AA011149.thumb.JPG.1a2dac70635b7d9b1c75889aee46fbd6.JPGAA011147.thumb.JPG.5b9f184955846b974925eeb03c1c7ce2.JPGAA011148.thumb.JPG.bf533eba8467df2b84c198879aa83ac3.JPG

Ooops.

A big Volvo ploughed into him on an awkward bend, only going walking pace.

Have a dashcam video of it.  Insuresrs (LV+) taking care of it.  Probably a write off though.

Shame as it has been a good car.

• Sad 8

17 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

What type of car is that?

A rotten one.

TBH, with current labour rates and the amount of fabrication and welding needed for that to be repaired properly. I can well imagine that is a grand's worth of work.

1 minute ago, sdkrc said:

If I have to explain the hows and the whys of servicing a fucking hoover one more time I'm gonna lose it. Every 4 weeks "the hoover isn't working". 

Did you hoover anything up that you shouldn't have?

'No.'

Opens hoover to find it clogged full of shite that shouldn't have been hoovered up...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

If I have to explain the hows and the whys of servicing a fucking hoover one more time I'm gonna lose it. Every 4 weeks "the hoover isn't working". 

Turn it into a YouTube channel like I have 😂 Endless supply of content. I got a vax in 3 weeks ago clogged up with rotten Xmas tree needles from last year... 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, gm said:

an interesting drive home tonight on an ungritted motorway

IMG_5333.thumb.jpeg.e15e8d999625bfae250f322534a5eacc.jpeg

made all the more interesting by my being tailgated at 40mpm by a fucking snowplough ! seriously, he was about a car length off my bumper - absolute arsehole !

glad i bought those winter tyres the other day, shame they’re still sitting in the garage and i’m driving on death rings. i did have a little bit of handbrake fun on an empty roundabout when i was nearly home :) 

Uing a camera- phone whilst driving is not illegal in the UK?

What motorway has traffic lights and a concrete central barrier?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

err, that was taken by my passenger, yes, definitely my passenger :) 

you’re quite correct, that isn’t a motorway, it’s a section of dual carriageway when i was nearly home but shows the same conditions that the motorway was in : bloody slippy !

i got the winter tyres fitted today and it’s so much better, ready to take on the winter now  

• Like 3

Fuckit.

Unloading the dishwasher and I manage to drop a wine glass on the counter, and it just fucking exploded in razor sharp shards of glass all over the kitchen, so I'm stood there barefoot surrounded by glass like the shittest tribute to John McClane in Die Hard.  Managed to get away from it without shredding myself, started clearing up and vacuuming the 8.46 billion shards of glass up, at which point a string of lamps we have up in the lounge (open plan) comes off their sticky pads, falls down and knocks a clock off the wall.  Said clock falls to the floor and the 300mm diameter glass front.. you guessed it, explodes into another 5 billion shards, all over the entire room.

Taken me an hour to be confident I've cleared up all the glass.  It was absolutely sodding everywhere.  Bits on almost every surface of both rooms.  Fucks sakes!

I'd suggest I need a glass of wine after that, but I broke my favourite glass.

Bollocks.

I went out at lunchtime and must have overtaken a dozen dozy old geezers doing 20mph when I was quite happy doing the speed limit despite summer tyres on the 182.

The Mrs's mother who ruined holiday by ghosting us has explained* what was going on. The cat she stole from further down the street has decided to shit all over the house, so we couldn't possibly have gone there. A: stop stealing cats. B: you could have said that when we was there rather than ghosting.

4 hours ago, jakebullet said:

The Mrs's mother who ruined holiday by ghosting us has explained* what was going on. The cat she stole from further down the street has decided to shit all over the house, so we couldn't possibly have gone there. A: stop stealing cats. B: you could have said that when we was there rather than ghosting.

Does your Mrs's mother live down the street from @barefoot perchance? 

On 01/12/2023 at 17:22, Rust Collector said:

Did you hoover anything up that you shouldn't have?

'No.'

Opens hoover to find it clogged full of shite that shouldn't have been hoovered up...

My partner doesn't hoover much at all, that's very much my job.  When we had new carpets fitted, there were bits of loose pile everywhere.  I explicitly told my other half that we should use the mains-powered Sebo to clean them up about an hour before the fitters arrived.  She was on holiday and I was in my outdoor office working from home all day.

Instead, she gave the fitters the cordless from under the stairs.  Which didn't have any charge anyway.  So they spend 2 minutes trying to use it and then decide to empty it.

Now when you empty our cordless, the filter assembly tends to end up in the bin with the dust, unless you hold onto it as you open the dust bin.  She didn't know this and the fitters ended up accidentally taking some dust - but also the entire filter assembly - with them in a bin bag.  I spot it that evening and call the company first thing in the morning.  In the end the director of the company ends up fishing about in their Biffa bin looking for it.  Fortunately he finds it and sends the fitters over with it a couple of days later.  Otherwise we'd be looking at having to replace the entire cleaner.

This was back in April and I don't think I've let her touch the cordless since then.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jakebullet said:

All of which could be made up ? 

Jake, your whole (extended) family sounds like a nightmare.  Good luck at Christmas. 

On 01/12/2023 at 19:03, Remspoor said:

What motorway has traffic lights and a  central barrier?

The M62 westbound. 

The M57 Northbound. 

The M58 West bound, and East Bound. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Talbot said:

Fuckit.

Unloading the dishwasher and I manage to drop a wine glass on the counter, and it just fucking exploded in razor sharp shards of glass all over the kitchen, so I'm stood there barefoot surrounded by glass like the shittest tribute to John McClane in Die Hard.  Managed to get away from it without shredding myself, started clearing up and vacuuming the 8.46 billion shards of glass up, at which point a string of lamps we have up in the lounge (open plan) comes off their sticky pads, falls down and knocks a clock off the wall.  Said clock falls to the floor and the 300mm diameter glass front.. you guessed it, explodes into another 5 billion shards, all over the entire room.

Taken me an hour to be confident I've cleared up all the glass.  It was absolutely sodding everywhere.  Bits on almost every surface of both rooms.  Fucks sakes!

I'd suggest I need a glass of wine after that, but I broke my favourite glass.

Bollocks.

Sounds like you need an exorcist!

2 hours ago, New POD said:

All of which could be made up ? 

Jake, your whole (extended) family sounds like a nightmare.  Good luck at Christmas. 

Yes we're well aware she could be off with the fairies with the cat story. Since had a load of flannel about how good I am for Cathy, how we are perfect* together n what a shame they didn't see us this time.

Plan going forwards is don't tell them when we're at the coast. If we feel madness is lower meet on our terms. The Jesus factor goes up when she's losing marbles so easy to judge.

Hey it's snowed! This may be why the flats fancy air source heating system has gone totally tits up. Again.

Everyone has a booklet with deets of who to ring when it goes wrong. You would think 100 flats without heat or hot water would be a priority, but it's more a game of make it someone else's problem. The council, system installers, and the peeps who do the billing are all saying it's the other lots responsibility. It's the council on the weekends, but when they're not answering the phone, what are you supposed to do?

• Sad 3

Started insignia to go to work.

An absolute racket on start up. Quickly turned off.

I am thinking aux belt tensioner / jockey wheel.

Guess what I am doing tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Bren said:

Started insignia to go to work.

An absolute racket on start up. Quickly turned off.

I am thinking aux belt tensioner / jockey wheel.

Guess what I am doing tomorrow.

Getting a car that isn't a Vauxhall and scrapping it, I hope?

On 01/12/2023 at 19:03, Remspoor said:

This niche channel is actually very interesting and full of useful facts about traffic lights and barriers on motorways etc. one even has a pedestrian crossing!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, New POD said:

The M62 westbound. 

The M57 Northbound. 

The M58 West bound, and East Bound. 

You changed what I had written.

It snowing has rather wonderfully coincided with running out of heating oil. Turns out 2 bars = fuck all. Thought I had another week in it still, it's still showing 2 bars despite no hot water or heating.

Brrrrr.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

You changed what I had written.

I removed the word concrete.  To be fair, the M62 turns into an A Road about 400 yards before the lights and at the lights there is no crash barrier at all. There is grass. The others are motorways but have steel barriers. 

Need parts, willing to pay..... But can't collect Saturdays as they are NEVER open. To restore your classic car you either have to be unemployed or retired ffs. 

The postage charge is a f*cling rip off too - I work for RMG and the package is never 60+quid you thieving wankers. 

Looks like I'll be getting an extra reaming for the Yuletide if I want to make progress on the project then 

Insert chain of expletives here...... 

• Sad 2