The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, reb said:

My coffee machine alarm clock is still on summer time, I used it for the first time in a while today, it went off at 6 instead of 7. Couldn't even go back to sleep for an hour cos then my coffee would have gone cold.

My teasmade broke back in about March and I'm yet to replace it.  Now I've just remembered what I'm missing...

Last time Jehova's witnesses knocked on my door, I started discussing strippers, sex, alcohol, caffiene and chocolate with them.

"oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were pushing our own beliefs on others here..."

Actual grump for the day:  A good friend of mine is struggling somewhat at the moment.  Several official bodies on her back, despite it being fairly obvious that they have cocked up, money worries, job worries, attempted scams on family, etc.etc.  Life just needs to back off a tad.

2 hours ago, reb said:

My coffee machine alarm clock is still on summer time, I used it for the first time in a while today, it went off at 6 instead of 7. Couldn't even go back to sleep for an hour cos then my coffee would have gone cold.

Fucking hell if my alarm went off at 6 am I'd be late for work. 

11 hours ago, grogee said:

Mrs Grogee bought Aldi decaf tea bags. After I explicitly asked her to never buy them again. 

This is exactly why she bought them. Who do you think is in charge? 

Now if you'd said you like them, I guarantee you'd never have them ever again.

I've started a little game with my wife's  alexa.  If she hears a song she likes she says "Alexa. I like this song" and then later she can say "Alexa. Play songs that I've told you I like" 

All these songs are shit. 

So I've added secretly some Frank Turner, Manic Street preachers, The Jam, and Billy Bragg songs to her "Alexa I like this song" list. 

I'm wondering how long it takes her to work it out. My excuse will be "I thought alexa woukd be clever enough to know it was me and create a list for me" 

1 minute ago, New POD said:

This is exactly why she bought them. Who do you think is in charge? 

Now if you'd said you like them, I guarantee you'd never have them ever again.

I've started a little game with my wife's  alexa.  If she hears a song she likes she says "Alexa. I like this song" and then later she can say "Alexa. Play songs that I've told you I like" 

All these songs are shit. 

So I've added secretly some Frank Turner, Manic Street preachers, The Jam, and Billy Bragg songs to her "Alexa I like this song" list. 

I'm wondering how long it takes her to work it out. My excuse will be "I thought alexa woukd be clever enough to know it was me and create a list for me" 

I can see you're pretty experienced in this marriage lark. Which model wife are you on? Mine's 2.0. 

My passive-aggressive solution will be to buy some Yorkshire tea bags in both full fat and decaf varieties, and throw the Aldi 'Diplomat' ones in the bin. 

2 hours ago, grogee said:

I can see you're pretty experienced in this marriage lark. Which model wife are you on? Mine's 2.0. 

My passive-aggressive solution will be to buy some Yorkshire tea bags in both full fat and decaf varieties, and throw the Aldi 'Diplomat' ones in the bin. 

Or, even better, stick a few in the box of Aldi Diplomat tea and see if she notices a difference.

I have an appointment at the dentist for a NHS check up in December, made about 7 months ago.  Just received a text,

Your appointment has had to be cancelled due to the shortage of an NHS clinician.

We ask you to ring us next April  to check availability.

We will always endeavour to see any patient in an emergency.

(if they have any cash)............I made that bit up, but it's true!

HM UK Passport Office has now had my Aussie passport nrly three months. You cant call them.You press numbers for 15 mins and then the robot says..Sorry..too busy..please call later. So I sent them a Xmas card today...which said...Please return my Aussie passport as Santa wont be giving me a new one for Xmas. XX..on a Alzeimers Scotland card....

A friend of my wife died suddenly earlier in the week. He always seemed to telephone when it was not convenient ( I let my wife know  this )and I used to take the piss out of my wife because they usually talked rubbish.

I feel incredibly sad now. Life is short - too short to be horrible. Which is how I feel.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:29 PM, Jamie said:

Gym again tonight, 5 empty rows of spaces and this Pcp white S3 hindering everyone parking normally. Should have left a note saying 'Park on the treadmill next time, cunt.' 

20211115_191142.jpg

Goes with my experience from the neighbouring unit - most gym goers are far too lazy to walk from  the car park.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, dozeydustman said:

Just been out for a ride on my new pushbike. During peak old biddy walking their Yorkie/chihuahua/westie/other pointless handbag-type dog on a shared cycleway and footpath. Path is even divided bikes one side pedestrians the other and is 10ft+ wide

They moan if you sound your bell as a warning of approach as it frightens their dog. They moan if you call “out coming through” as it frightens them. They moan if you do nothing and cycle at not much more than walking pace past them.

Hopefully there won’t be any old biddies walking handbag dogs at 3 tomorrow morning on my ride to work.

Shout “ good morning”.