The grumpy thread

outlaw118

People.

Took the dogs to Daddyhole today, it's quite a small parking area but everyone parks nose in to the hedge/fence and by doing this, we all make the most of what's available. However, today an old woman in a Merc CLK (09 reg) had parked diagonally and so took up the last FOUR spaces in the carpark and made another two really awkward. I parked and tapped on her window as she was still sat in the car (where she remained for the next hour, reading a book - not even enjoying the scenery ffs) to suggest she could possibly park in a slightly more accomodating manner.

Even though I tapped three inches from her head, she totally ignored me.

I spoke loudly (but not in any way aggresively) to try and get her attention. She totally ignored me. Now, as My Gran didn't raise no fool I came to the conclusion that she was well aware of both my presence and probable reason for my trying to attract her attention, but she was/is just a fucking ignorant old cow that doesn't care about anyone except herself.

So I did what was the only reasonable thing to do and parked  by the side of her. So close that she could not get out of her car, nor get her car out of the carpark. As a bonus, I blocked her view, if she had wanted one. As another bonus, Chester pee'd on her wheel and Phoebe bounced her ball of the back wing.

Yeah yeah I know two wrongs and all that, but fuck her.

Fkin potholes.... 

Had a close one the other night, Main A road, midnight, drizzle, twat with super bright badly adjusted lights and front fogs on, 60mph road, luckily dead straight. Crunch! wtf was that, ½ mile down the road, flat tyre, nearside front rim bent in about 45 mm, inside and outside edges, changed wheel went back and found a pothole/trench 300mm wide, 1200mm long, 125mm deep. Who the fk decides to run a 300mm wide gas/water main trench down the nearside track, 1200mm to the left it would be under a grass verge, 400mm to the right it's in the central bit that would run under the middle of a car, no problems, to run the trench where it was, ridiculous, tarmac and scalping all broken up and scattered, Main A281, busy road, how many claims and how much is that gonna cost the council...... Grump over

On 3/2/2020 at 1:27 PM, myglaren said:

I bought a new washing machine for one of the girls last August.  Packed up last week.

Engineer came to fix it.  Needs a new motor and control board, a week before he comes back.

I did her washing on Saturday & yesterday.  Put it on a 30° wash.  The washer is slow, checked after an hour and my washer had paused itself.  set it away again, an hour later, same thing and then again an hour after that.

Second lot was better, only did it before the final rinse & spin.

All day to wash two lots of clothes.

At least it worked properly yesterday at 40°

It is suspiciously quiet now, supposed to be doing my delayed washing.

Samsung perchance?

12 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

With this high* standard of parking, I do wonder how some drivers passed the practical part of their tests....

20200303_193031.jpg

What is it with small car drivers.

20191116_135630.jpg

At least it was between the lines,  could have parked an axiam in front of it.

Lets not turn this into a 'bad parking thread' yes some park like twats but on the whole people in the UK are pretty good at parking, some of you would have an aneurysm if you ever spent time in Spain or Italy.

22 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Lets not turn this into a 'bad parking thread' yes some park like twats but on the whole people in the UK are pretty good at parking, some of you would have an aneurysm if you ever spent time in Spain or Italy.

You what the Spanish are excellent parkers ?

10 hours ago, xtriple said:

TL:DR

So I did what was the only reasonable thing to do and parked  by the side of her. So close that she could not get out of her car, nor get her car out of the carpark. As a bonus, I blocked her view, if she had wanted one. As another bonus, Chester pee'd on her wheel and Phoebe bounced her ball of the back wing.

Yeah yeah I know two wrongs and all that, but fuck her.

Well done that man.

Like me you know that two wrongs don't make a right, ...........so it's worth trying three

Listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 (so only myself to blame). Discussion about Coronavirus.

Caller says she has "Health Anxiety", which is what hypochondria is now called.

I am of course anxious about my health at times, but I am no hypochondriac. 

More ruination of the English language.

Well yeah... Otherwise everyone would dump all their old shit on them and leave them to foot the bill for disposal.
I didn't exactly mean it that way.

We have a spotless, green 3 piece suite that's far too good to chuck.

It's not a trendy looking thing so even for free, and delivered! It's not what they want.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 (so only myself to blame). Discussion about Coronavirus.

Caller says she has "Health Anxiety", which is what hypochondria is now called.

I am of course anxious about my health at times, but I am no hypochondriac. 

More ruination of the English language.

You see hypocochondria is a condition affecting the mentally unstable and idiots, whereas Anxiety is just normal for 90% of the population, and helps in normalizing OCD and making people feel it's okay to panic.

Would it be better to say, get a fucking grip love, shit happens, you'll be fine........probably.

31 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

It's not a trendy looking thing so even for free, and delivered! It's not what they want.

Can you deliver and get it up to my first floor via the bedroom window please. 

2 hours ago, iainrcz said:

Plenty of freecycle sites or in the worst case Gumtree or Facebook ???

44 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Plenty of freecycle sites or in the worst case Gumtree or Facebook ???

Had it on  Facebook. Someone turned up, tried getting it in a Punto (I'm not kidding). Agreed for £10 my Dad could deliver it in his van.

Then messaged me with some spurious excuse that they "couldn't" have it.

So a messer in layman's terms.

43 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Chances are it was a Audi, BMW or Mercedes driver that took up half the bay in front of the Fiat ??

You would have though that but I watched them park it and walk away,   me being a nosey twat I walked over to see if Mr Merc was to blame but nope he was well inside his lines.   It's the first time I've ever taken a picture of parked cars and have seen plenty radge displays of poor parking.

What a bastard day.

Tried to change the bmw's brake fluid. I had the rear wheels off about 12 months ago. They were hand tightened. Could I get them undone? No.

My snap on air gun was useless because despite having a 100L compressor it just can't give it the air it needs. So I borrowed a friends 240v impact gun. That also was as much use as s cat flap in an elephant house.

In the end a combination of a piece of pipe/ me jumping up and down on a breaker cracked them off. The brake fluid appears to be as old as the car.

Got one side done but bleed nipple of rear o/s rounded off.

I thought bollocks to it - i'll pay someone.

My mojo is disappearing quicker than alcohol gel.

20200304_173004.jpg

20200304_165534.jpg

Managed to trip on the stairs going into work this morning - caught my shoe on the very top riser, then messily stumbled forward several steps in a tangle of scarf, bag and earphone cables before cracking my head off the fire door on my way to the floor. Other than an egg-like lump, no actual damage done.

The worst bit was that it happened right in front of the Premises Manager (who was coming down the stairs as I was walking up - I was trying to get out of his way), so he insisted I come down to the main office to sign the Accident Book.

So now the entire Facilities Management team know that I'm too fucking stupid to be trusted to even walk up the stairs without maiming myself.

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

Managed to trip on the stairs going into work this morning - caught my shoe on the very top riser, then messily stumbled forward several steps in a tangle of scarf, bag and earphone cables before cracking my head off the fire door on my way to the floor. Other than an egg-like lump, no actual damage done.

The worst bit was that it happened right in front of the Premises Manager (who was coming down the stairs as I was walking up - I was trying to get out of his way), so he insisted I come down to the main office to sign the Accident Book.

So now the entire Facilities Management team know that I'm too fucking stupid to be trusted to even walk up the stairs without maiming myself.

If it's any consolation, a few years ago I was tasked with collecting first aid kits from a number of sites so that we could audit them and check the contents.  I was standing at my manager's desk when he noticed my thumb was bleeding quite heavily.

Yes.  I'd cut myself on a first aid box.  And yes, the plasters were out of date - so I had to go and get one from the first aider...