The grumpy thread

outlaw118

35 minutes ago, dave j said:

I am staying home for new years having a couple of beers, but mostly comforting my dog who hates fireworks! They have started going off already! ?

I was having an afternoon nap when I was woken by fireworks going off. I thought it was midnight. So I've still got to go through the NYE bollocks.

8 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

New years eve. You are here again you wankbag. Another day where society dictates you must go out and drink enough alcohol to make you haemorrhage a vital organ, sing a song hardly anybody knows the words to at midnight while round a house/pub/bar with shitty snacks from Iceland on a table that have been festering at room temperature since 3pm.

Wanting to do something different makes me a weirdo, apparently.

While my wife insisted we go round to a friend of hers for alcohol based shenanigans, I managed to escape the ridiculousness of a clock striking 12 and toasting a drink to a bank holiday by hiding in the loo, curling one out while watching a 6 year old big clive video

On 12/31/2019 at 6:09 PM, dozeydustman said:

Exactly. I can’t see any problem with having a few good chums round for a decent home cooked meal and a few bevvies, or a nice night with the other half watching a film or a DVD with a bottle of wine

That's what I did - went to a good friend's very impressive new place for the night.  Six of us playing cards and having a lovely home cooked meal and a couple of beers (Fuller's Black Cab Stout, very nice indeed) and at midnight we lit some sparklers in the garden.  Had a great sleep on a very comfy airbed, and more excellent home cooked grub today - big cheers to my Rallycross friends for a great night.

9 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

2020 can fuck off already.

woken up with a head full of snot, a dry & sore throat and my nan was rushed into hospital in the small hours.

Sorry to hear that, hope she's ok.

15 minutes ago, loserone said:

It certainly used to be the case that when it's on Netflix you need a TV licence to watch it (technically).  

Netflix is fine, amazon's a grey area as they show live stuff now and YouTube as well. 

I just love dangerously and have the TV the opposite side to the aerial points and use Netflix and YouTube and torrents

20 hours ago, iainrcz said:

Fucking noisy arseholes nextdoor are in the street having a domestic.

At 2 o'clock in the shitting morning.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I believe there was similar a couple of streets away from me last night, fella ended up murdered his wife while the kids were sleeping upstairs, Happy fucking new year ...... not , poor kids ?

7 minutes ago, omegod said:

I believe there was similar a couple of streets away from me last night, fella ended up murdered his wife while the kids were sleeping upstairs, Happy fucking new year ...... not , poor kids ?

You gotta feel sorry for the bloke.  Imagine George Roper, being goaded and belittled daily for 20 years and one day he snaps.......

Domestic violence kills more people than cars and terrorism.and air crashes and war...probably....

In all seriousness, it's all a bit shit....

Due back at work tomorrow, alarm goes off at 5.40am.

Neighbours upstairs playing music / watching TV / playing computer games at just the level above acceptable. 

Missus has the back end of a cold so is snoring away, but at least she's getting some sleep. I could get up and do something, but then I'll be knackered tomorrow. Or I could lie here awake and pissed off. 

Anyone fancy an argument? 

ef27ab9f324c4def61d297def66824ad.jpg.31ab7448772a5c15ba33447df92a201f.jpg

On 1/1/2020 at 10:36 AM, Tamworthbay said:

As my arse is like the flag of Japan it appears I DID put way too much Nagga chilli in my home made dip last night.

Well as I have been shitting through the eye of a needle for 24hrs it was either some amazing chilli, or I have the crappy bug going around. I used a whole bog roll last night between 2 and 7am, never had anything like that in my life.

22 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50969168

And if this succeeds, what next?  

I'd be astounded if the LACS discriminated against him for being vegan. I bet there's lots more to this than we know about, be interesting to hear their side of things. If he has been unfairly treated then he will deserve to win his case, imho. But I bet he hasn't.

17 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Well as I have been shitting through the eye of a needle for 24hrs it was either some amazing chilli, or I have the crappy bug going around. I used a whole bog roll last night between 2 and 7am, never had anything like that in my life.

Hope you had it in the fridge 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50969168
And if this succeeds, what next?  
Nothing much for the rest of us, of course the daily fail will have you believe we'll all have to become vegans and sandals will be compulsory..

Although what's here doesn't really ring true, he was dismissed for gross misconduct, so that isn't for whistleblowing which he was right to do imo, if you are the League against cruel sports and your staff pension scheme can be traced to be invested in corporations who use animal testing it's probably something they should deal with, of course does deal with mean you disinvest or stay in and use shareholders rights to put pressure on them to change.. I had this when I was a pensions committee member and the scheme was invested in tobacco, etc and the organisation had responsibility for public health.. I think we also had some shares in Mike Ashley's empire and were looking to our fund managers to get stuck in and challenge their annual report and ergo his position..

It's worth remembering that allowing someone else to have rights doesn't usually affect yours, unless you were a slave owner..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, omegod said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/neighbours-fear-children-were-house-17499689

this one ? , not far from where I work , I believe another  shooting occurred around Xmas as well