Autoshite's official for sale/wanted thread

Slartibartfast

Does anyone want an air compressor? I now have Eight, which even my my standards is a little excessive. Take your pick from:

A Clarke 3kw thumper 50L. Very loud, and will realistically need a 16A plug, as it blows a 13A fuse after about 2 starts. Makes about 17cfm though, which is enough to run a gritblast cabinet continuously. £70

A slightly-tatty unknown-brand 2.5kW twin-piston. 50L. Fairly loud. Works well. £50

A Bambi whisper-quiet 1kw 50L. Nearly silent. Ideal for not pissing the neighbours/wife/anyone within 100' off. I have two of these. One needs a capacitor re-fitting, but I will sort that. These were staggeringly expensive when new, but they do take their time to refill the reciever and they are not continuously rated. £100

A Bambi quiet-ish 2kw 50L. Not too loud, but not as quiet as above. Continuously rated and defintiely faster/better than the one above, but at the expense of noise. I have two of these too. £100

A Bambi quiet-ish 500w/1kW (can't remember what it's output is) on a pot-belly 18L. Also fairly quiet, but not "silent" More portable than the ones above and take up less space. Fine for tyre inflating and will run a rattle gun (as it's an intermittent load), but struggles with anything that has a higer demand or has continuous use (eg air hacksaw). Also two of these. £60

There's only so much compressed air a man needs, so any/all are available for sale. Located RH20. I don't seem to be travelling the length/bredth of the UK as much as I did, but if anyone wants one, we may be able to work something out.

I also have absolutely bloody miles of 8mm nylon pipe, so each compressor can come with as much as you want to be able to install the compressor somewhere, and then pipe air to where you need it. If that helps.

Yes I want one, could you bung up a picture of the unknown twin cylinder - does it have enough puff for spraying without needing to wait for it to build up again?

RH20 Billingshurst/ Pulborough area?

Yes I want one, could you bung up a picture of the unknown twin cylinder - does it have enough puff for spraying without needing to wait for it to build up again?

RH20 Billingshurst/ Pulborough area?

I've never used a paint spray gun, but assuming it uses less than 10cfm, I would guess that compressor can keep up fairly well. It certainly takes very little time to build up a 50L receiver.. maybe a minute or so. It can certainly run an air hacksaw continuously, and will *nearly* run my gritblast cabinet, but not quite. I think I've run an air sander from that compressor in the past and it kept up fine.

Yes, Billingshurst/Pulborough. I'll get a pic in a bit when I'm home. It's a direct coupled (IE no belt) 2.5kW motor running a V-twin compressor head. Only thing wrong with it really is that one of the plastic covers is missing from the intake air filter on one head, so it's a bit louder than it should be. A simple piece of plastic screwed on would quiet it down somewhat. I've never bothered.

Where are you? If I can get it closer to you...

I've never used a paint spray gun, but assuming it uses less than 10cfm, I would guess that compressor can keep up fairly well. It certainly takes very little time to build up a 50L receiver.. maybe a minute or so. It can certainly run an air hacksaw continuously, and will *nearly* run my gritblast cabinet, but not quite. I think I've run an air sander from that compressor in the past and it kept up fine.

Yes, Billingshurst/Pulborough. I'll get a pic in a bit when I'm home. It's a direct coupled (IE no belt) 2.5kW motor running a V-twin compressor head. Only thing wrong with it really is that one of the plastic covers is missing from the intake air filter on one head, so it's a bit louder than it should be. A simple piece of plastic screwed on would quiet it down somewhat. I've never bothered.

Where are you? If I can get it closer to you...

I'm in Horley RH6 but have some storage nr Coolham where it may as well go for the time being - we are trying to find somewhere to rent a container nr Pulborough as we are buying a place in North Heath.

I'm in Horley RH6 but have some storage nr Coolham where it may as well go for the time being - we are trying to find somewhere to rent a container nr Pulborough as we are buying a place in North Heath.

Remarkable. You'll be walking-distance up the road from me. Photo of compressor incoming, just need to sneak out for 3 mins to get it.

If you're open to it, I'd be interested in renting some "space" somewhere too, so I'm wondering if we could pool our cash to get somewhere bigger? Maybe even with a couple of other local shiters? I know there's at least 2 or 3 within a few* minutes drive of here.

MK3 Astra bits.

I've been expecting this car to drop to bits for some time. The suspension clonks and the engine mixes it's fluids but it keeps plodding along revelling in neglect. Every time I try to fix something then something bigger immediately breaks so I try not to do anything. I unwisely invested £60 in some second hand wheels recently which it has repaid by loosing most of its brakes. I will investigate if it's dry tomorrow but I suspect the master cylinder has died and I hate working on hydraulics so it is time for the bridge. I know there are a few nicer examples on the forum so do any of them need parts? Admittedly there aren't many good things attached to it but with them getting scarce I thought I'd best say first.

what size engine is it,need a coil pack for a 1.4

Would anyone like any Jaguar world magazines and Practical classic magazines

Around 70 in total i think.They have been on top of the wardrobe for years now.

Collection please from Chester le street Co Durham DH2. All or part mix and match,just collect.

Does anyone have an instrument cluster?

Don't really mind what car from but I'm thinking 80s or 90s, so old enough to basically have individual wiring for each warning light but not just a round Speedo with some lights in like a mini or whatever.

Ideally has a clock instead of a rev counter.

It's for a project and will be messed with so nothing rare. Common as muck preferable as I'm also stingy and would like to pay as little as possible ;-)

Good evening, i'm seeking a ford zetec 1.6-2.0 efi setup to apply to a k series engine in my estelle, i cant use the mems injection as the flywheel is custom but it is equipped with the ford ignition system currently thus i think i shall go down this route.

i have looked on ebay but i would probably end up with a late focus manifold,early afm,ecu for a cvh and spend 400+ quid on all the wrong stuff.

ive got up to circa 150 to spend on this machine and im based in chesterfield but will put in the miles if necessary to pick up.

many thanks indeed.

I'll be selling a 1.25 pez, 58 reg fiesta Zetec climate in the next week or so, last of the mk6 on 85k, brand new LUK clutch, fully synth gearbox oil, front discs and pads , a cv joint and full service. Very well equipped and bodywork is nice barring a couple of trolley dinks and stonechip touch ups. I know the mother and daughter previous 2 owners , MOT till Nov 

Looks like this but isn't this, they seem to be going for quite decent money but I'd be happy with 1400 and possibly a bit of shiters discount 

post-19668-0-91765400-1524860368_thumb.jpg

Does anyone need 4 honda 5 stud wheel trims,15"? Usual scratches and marks. Came of a 2006 FRV I think. Also have two matching 5 stud honda rims with just legal 195/65/15 tyres and two more bare steels when I get the tyres removed off them. freebies, collect from Coventry

Apparently we need* a family car, for holidays and not climbing over spades, rakes, broom handles and paint pots in a Ford Puma. Thus Mrs Craft (who's paying) has told me to get something. I'd like a Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan* diesel, ideally. But obvs. like a Vectra hatchback or estate would also do.

Needs to be reliable with a long MOT, and not smell of anything my missus doesn't like (such as me, for example) and be capable of going to that there Scotland and back. There's talk of crazy amounts of money being available, maybe up to £1,000. Too lazy to travel too far, but you never know.

*Can always take the badges off and put Ford ones on.

2016idontbe-9d-300.jpg?itok=mEdMbC8U

Point of order ref Cavcraft's Wanted post and its subsequent merging.....

Surely a "Wanted" post for a specific vehicle has as much right to be a singular thread as an actual "For Sale" listing?   

This Forum about cars, no?   

No axe to grind, just chucking it out there in a sense of fairness, if I was thinking of selling a wanted vehicle I might not necessarily think to read a generic FS&W thread.....

Anyone have an Arrow range Humber Sceptre?

I have a set of side trims off one - I think.  I am not that sure, the owner stripped them off a car in the early 80s and he's now gone to a better place so I am not that sure what I have.  But I want shot so they're free.  In Southampton.  PM me, I don't read this column that much thanks.

Guest Hooli

Apparently we need* a family car, for holidays and not climbing over spades, rakes, broom handles and paint pots in a Ford Puma. Thus Mrs Craft (who's paying) has told me to get something. I'd like a Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan* diesel, ideally. But obvs. like a Vectra hatchback or estate would also do.

Needs to be reliable with a long MOT, and not smell of anything my missus doesn't like (such as me, for example) and be capable of going to that there Scotland and back. There's talk of crazy amounts of money being available, maybe up to £1,000. Too lazy to travel too far, but you never know.

*Can always take the badges off and put Ford ones on.

2016idontbe-9d-300.jpg?itok=mEdMbC8U

Supernaut is talking about selling his mundano, the bonus is it's already in Scotland so you'll save loads* getting the train up to meet it.

Anyone in Scotchland after a tool chest?

It's the top half only of one of these halfords affairs.

CKBgN2FUsAACOy8.jpg

Had it a couple of years but it's had an easy life and is in great nick. Actually seems half decent quality. It comes with one key and the wee bars to lock the drawers.

£20? I'm in Cumbernauld but get about a bit for work so might be able to meet somewhere else in the central belt.