What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I was driving along feeling a bit pissed off with something, then a mini countryman just like this pulled out in front of me, and I laughed like a flipping maniac and almost mounted a kerb

pGDz8CFh.jpg

That's a fairly flattering photo, but still, Look at that thing on the steel wheels! Haha, who the fuck is buying these?

I was driving along feeling a bit pissed off with something, then a mini countryman just like this pulled out in front of me, and I laughed like a flipping maniac and almost mounted a kerb

That's a fairly flattering photo, but still, Look at that thing on the steel wheels! Haha, who the fuck is buying these?

Pregnant estate agents/ambulance chasers?

Funny thing happened earlier. I brought the Carina home this evening after work, as part of the process of clearing out the garage. The plan was to then cycle back into Norwich and pick up the Rover. Anyway, by the time I'd got home and faffed about a bit, it was about 7.45 by the time I set off. I was slightly worried as I couldn't find my high-vis vest, and doing 15 miles on unlit A-roads in rapidly encroaching darkness on a pushbike is possibly slightly dodgy without the fluorescent gear.

But I headed off anyway, and as it started to get dark I switched my lights on - except my back light (which had been working fine when I left home) decided it was going to play silly buggers and emit a barely visible glow. I was just starting to get worried and thinking about turning back, when what should I see lying on the verge at the side of the A149 but a high-vis vest! Not mine, mine is orange and this one was yellow - I can only surmise that it had blown off the back of a pickup or similar. Anyway, I picked it up, put it on and made it to Norwich with no further hitches. It was just really weird to find it there exactly when I needed it. I did wonder if I'd suddenly developed psychic powers, but I tried imagining Cheryl Cole lying naked on the verge of the A149 and it didn't seem to have any effect, so I guess it must just have been my lucky evening.

I did wonder if I'd suddenly developed psychic powers, but I tried imagining Maureen from driving school lying naked on the verge of the A149 and it didn't seem to have any vomit-inducing effect, so I guess it must just have been my lucky evening.

well done :D

Man that Countryman just highlights the importance of strong marketing. It looks terrible it does nothing terribly well, and naturally they will sell like KY Jelly to Leperous Sex Workers

Thought my bike mot was up though have just found out I have over 2 months to not get round to fixing it's various fails. Also the transit's water pump is awaiting pick up at the post office so I can sort that and ease the stress of impending OMG DOHC HGF.

In other pleasing news the lego mans head that was swallowed whole by the leon's rear bench is being replaced free of charge by lego and is winging it's way from Denmark as we speak. Great service, my lads very happy :D

The mirrors I put on the Princess recently that work so well have good reason to do so. I've done some research and discovered they're made by Reguvis and are the plastic bodied version of the Sprint model rather than the aluminium version. They're a proper 70s accessory so while they are a bit old for my car they're not too far out of place and could have been fitted back in the day. Dead chuffed about that, seems like they're a rare-ish thing. Even better, I only paid a fiver for them while they usually go for about £30 a pair, admittedly in better cosmetic condition than mine but that's easily rectified with a bit of time and satin black paint.

That sounds a good score on the mirrors.

The parcel that I went to collect turned out to be some ebay lego bricks instead, missed the chuffing water pump whilst out collecting the bricks!

Still, fanny'd around with the bike instead and got the indicators working by use of wd40 and fresh lecky tape. The things looking a bit of a dog now though on reflection should only need labor (bodgery) rather than cash to get another ticket.

I remember taking a bike for an MOT quite a few years ago, and it failed on indicators (dodgy relay) the tester then told me "We only have to test them if they're fitted"

I spent the next 5 minutes in the garage car park removing the indicators, then pushed the bike back to the garage door with the indicators in my bag. The tester smiled, saw the lack of indicators and presented me with a new MOT certificate.

I've had similar with past motochod although I had to take the switch gear apart winker switch too so there was no trace of 'fitted'.

I'm road safety sam these days and what with lot's of town work and no 'fitted' mirrors (squeezes through the gaps much better) I think I'll keep the indicators.

For general info rubber stalked oe Honda ones crash very well indeed.

... the tester then told me "We only have to test them if they're fitted"

My mate took his ancient Datsun Bluebird for a test yonks back and rather surprisingly the heap only failed on the non-operational side indicator repeaters and he got told the exact same thing.

Couple of thwacks with a hammer & chisel plus a bit of hastily-applied gaffa tape and he, too got his 12 ticket. :P

I'm road safety sam these days and what with lot's of town work and no 'fitted' mirrors (squeezes through the gaps much better) I think I'll keep the indicators.

I never bothered with mirrors either, until I got legged by a police car when I was on my old GT380. If I'd have seen him pulling out behind me I'd have left him down the lanes.

I popped on here earlier after sending a supplier a "slightly heated" message of complaint.

I was hugely pissed off and felt like snapping heads off and all that.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank ( sorry Cav) those that have entertained me this afternoon and made me smile, even if you didnt realise it.

I have almost forgotton that I have had shit service and have had to send a rocket up the arse of the supplier.

T**** Y**