What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

In other non-cock related events I bested the universe by actually fixing the smart. I dropped the tank, palmed 5 gallons of the petrol, diesel, ribena mix onto the guy I rent my garage off who burns it into a heater. New fuel filter that was a bastard to get to, fitted the new injectors, plumbed it all back up stuck a gallon of fresh diesel in and off it went. My drive around to the petrol station was a bit, well very smokey as it burn what ever was in the pump. Once I wanged another few gallons of diesel in it and booted it up the road it cleared. I just need to paint the wheels now as it currently has 2 yellow and 2 white wheels as they're in primer, which gets you some funny looks.

Just been for a ride in a Daimler sp250 :) An ideal combination of V8, Soft top, Fibreglass and Slightly odd looks... I'd quite like one now!

It was the fastest I've ever been in a car that doesn't have a roof... or seatbelts!

Similar looking to this one but with steel wheels not wires:

Red-Daimler--1343_5.jpg

I finally got the bike out and fixed today (after having to spend fucking 25 quid on a chain tool to fit my £12 chain)

I work just off the transpennine trail, and I was idly looking on google maps and worked out I could ride almost all 16 miles to work "off road" using it. So I decided that the best way to get back into cycling after 3 months or so would be to ride to work

and back.

I saw these big buggers that they've just put up - they're the ones you see from the M18/m1 sliproad:

FdgLxaTl.jpg

They look fantastic IMO - I was stood about 100 yards from the base of one which was going round like mad and couldn't hear it over the noise of the wind blowing through the flipping trees behind me, I dunno what people are moaning about.

Anyway, the ride was OK - I managed it but it took about an hour and a half each way, meaning I'd have to set off at 6am to get to work - sod that. Plus, my arse feels like I've been to Michael Barrymores birthday party.

having to spend fucking 25 quid on a chain tool

*splutter* How much??!! Unless you're planning to replace your chain every couple of months, a sub-£10 jobbie would've been OK - hell, you could've borrowed mine for the price of a stamp :)

I was sure I owned atleast two chain tools, but could I find them? Course not! Chain was megafucked so needed doing before I went out. The £25 one was all 'frauds had in stock - the cheaper ones aren't security tagged so they always get nicked, meaning the stockfile is never right so they hardly ever have them in stock (or that was the case when I worked there a few years ago)

Back I certainly am, and spending money like water. I now have two cars to collect and pay for next weekend, and one to get rid of, preferably in the same trip, plus a club meet to attend. Then at least one of my purchases needs a valet before Arley Hall! Oh and having had (most of) a week in Foreign Parts, I need to download my camera because there are enough Shitey snaps to open a whole new thread. This is the life. 8)