What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Barrett- its a strong little motor,but built before motorways existed.

It'll be fine on A & B roads- but extended 'highspeed' (over 50) running will cause it issues in the early days. Treat it gently for 500 miles, change the fluids, should be fine. If its squirmy-it'll be the tyres. 80 section radials will feel much better than crossplies. Upgrade the headlights too - before winter.....

Parts are pretty easy to find, and its dead easy to maintain. Tell me the key number(stamped onthe ignition switch) if you need a spare- probably got one.

Otherwise, enjoy.

Seeing the woman ahead of me in the queue at the DVLA office blatantly forge her husband's signature on a form, right in front of the counter staff. She wasn't trying to do anything 'dodgy', just seemed to think it was a perfectly sensible alternative to taking the form home for her husband to fill out :lol:

/\

They caught me doing that once. They knew I'd done it, I knew they knew, yet they couldn't prove it. It was a like a sort of Mexican stand off and a minute felt like an eternity.

/\

They caught me doing that once. They knew I'd done it, I knew they knew, yet they couldn't prove it. It was a like a sort of Mexican stand off and a minute felt like an eternity.

With the /\ being on the page above I had no idea what you had been caught doing but automatically assumed it was along these lines.....

guys_cant_help_but_stare_32.jpg

A well known custom car getting a real workout on the track in NZ, it usually sits in a collection behind "do not touch" signs somewhere in the USA.

The Mexican Blackbird

8727523869_64dc05e68e.jpg

And it's owner

8728643428_296f60b920.jpg

Having planned to jib it at the last minute, I then decided to go after all. Just back from a 40.3 mile bike ride on a mountain and nine miles of that was against a 28mph wind. I'm sure I saw Station in his Fuego round Birkenhead on the way round.

I'm fucking destroyed now so hot bath and screams of agony when the cramp kicks in.

Trundling down the A149 in the van this afternoon on my way to pick up my latest scooter purchase, I passed a convoy of what I assume must have been the local Ridiculously Small Car Club's annual day out. I can't remember the last time I saw half a dozen Fiat 126s on the road at one time. The convoy was led by a Bond MkG with an Isetta close behind, and the line-up also included a Heinkel, a Bond Bug and, wonder of wonders, a Vespa 400. Had me grinning for miles. Sadly didn't have the camera with me though so no pics.

I rang up Aviva to renew my car insurance this morning. They quoted 480, which seems a bit steep for me to insure a Doblo van so I said 'no thanks, i've been on go compare or whatever and can get it for 375' Then they 'looked at some options' or some such bullshit and the price miraculously came down to 390 so i accepted it. Then an hour later I remembered I am moving house this week so i rang them back up and told them the new address which saw another £95 come off the price. Brilliant!

Brilliaaaant!

Something has actually gone right today. I planned to do something today, and it actually happend!

NU GARAGE:

130520135787_zpsbc1fd941.jpg

And the bloody thing actually fits in there! (Just)

130520135789_zpsd6b6be29.jpg

Sadly, its not for my mk2 :( but for my 820E. My mk2 did look snug and cosy in there though, I didn't want to take it out again. Thus garage is fairly big and wide, its possible to open the drivers door wide and still have space on the otherside to comfortably open the passenger door and walk down beside the car. Its thoughtfully built and spaced out, I didn't think it would fit but alas it does.

If only I could get a nearby garage for the others. I really need to move into a house with an actual garage.

Also, picked up a packet of 'Nerds' some sweets shite that I haven't had since I was 15. Didn't think they still made them.