What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Nice one trig!

Today I was driving on the M1 home from work at about 85mph since it was unseasonably quiet on the road, and a fucking renault 4 van only goes and overtakes me. I don't know why, but it absolutely made my day, the thing was bouncing all over the place, it was fantastic.

I'd have taken a photo but obv I was driving at 85mph

why didnt he wear the xmas jumper??

my grin today: i bought this scimitar and it was delivered at lunchtime.

T2eC16FzEE9s3IV6BRb-WkshQ60_58_zps5c07f42f.jpg

The recovery driver says "it wont roll off the truck, we burnt out the winch getting on here, the back wheels are seized solid"

Im starting to think what a PITA this car will be if it wont roll. Opened the door took it out of PARK and into NEUTRAL and it rolled off the truck easily.

then the driver says" i thought the autobox had to have power to move the gearstick : :roll::lol:

changed the flat tyred wheels and after a bit and (with scarys assistance) , clean points, different fuel pump, fresh petrol & battery - it ran :D:D

DSCF4759_zpsc203c6ce.jpg

I got in and put it in DRIVE.........nothing :shock:

put half a pint of ATF down the dipstick and it moves under its own power :D for the first time since 1998

after removing all the rubbish and mouse nests from inside it now looks like this

DSCF4765_zps8bcb5740.jpg

DSCF4769_zps0054d017.jpg

DSCF4764_zpsa5e72788.jpg

A lot of more modern cars need to have the steering lock off before they'll come out of park. It's a right PITA as I found out the other night when trying to move a shitey Audi A4 that was parked in front of my lockup but open.

That's a proper result there A5. Looking at the progress you've already made, it seems like you could have it on the road shortly. Are you going to tidy up the exterior or drive as is? Hopefully there won't have been any lasting damage done to the gearbox after it'd been dragged on to the tow truck.

not sure if the scimitar going on the road or not. It really depends what I find underneath. I know it will need (spares that i dont have) 4 tyres, and a power steering rack, so far, but i will have a better look at it today and make a decision.

Ok, I know I've moaned about my job, but we did get our annual bonus today and it was a lot more than I was expecting. As in about 10 times more. I need somewhere else to live, but the only real course of action is to sell both my cars and buy some mega shite for the show season.

Yesterday, I had a terrible day. Arrived on site late, had to break into a filing cabinet because keys had been mislaid, started late, threw all my timings out, cocked everything up. The grin? Glancing out of the window of the room into the office opposite, and seeing the rather tidy regional manager reaching over the desk to plug something in and giving me full view of her (very) skimpy knick-knacks and arse. Cheered me right up, didn't care how badly the day went then!

Phone upgrade due in under 2 months! Now have to spend every day at work researching which handset I want!

Come on, this is autoshite, as with cars, so with phones. The choice is quite obvious.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-80s-mobile-phone-E-tacs-portable-telephone-/310652701842?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4854580c92

Sorted.

If someone could shoehorn a sony xperia Z or HTC one into it I would rock that!

Would make a cool if pointless bluetooth headset!

Yesterday, I had a terrible day. Arrived on site late, had to break into a filing cabinet because keys had been mislaid, started late, threw all my timings out, cocked everything up. The grin? Glancing out of the window of the room into the office opposite, and seeing the rather tidy regional manager reaching over the desk to plug something in and giving me full view of her (very) skimpy knick-knacks and arse. Cheered me right up, didn't care how badly the day went then!

:D

An unintentional view of such things is always a tonic. Almost makes up for the extended winter! Similar happened to me in a local shop recently. Tidy sales girl stacking books onto high shelving using a step ladder... Ooof!

@michiel: that ice picture is mega.

We think I might have a natural talent for welding. This isn't me bragging, I'm just as surprised as anyone, but the initial practice runs on scrap bodywork today have shown that I can weld a good straight-ish line with decent penetration and without blowing holes with the stick welder. The brief bit of mig welding I've done in the past also showed I seemed to have a talent for welding, it's just something I've never really explored for whatever reason. I suspect a lot of this is down to years of practice with pen and brush ink work as the control technique involved is quite similar, if faster than welding. It wasn't all plain sailing, I'm certainly very much a novice, and we did blow some holes initially while setting everything up but certainly my results were better than my brother's and I found the stick welder far more intuitive and easy to use than a mig with better looking welds as a result. When I'm happier with the standard of my welding I'll share some photographs, it's not yet good enough to use on the car itself and I've only spent about an hour drawing short lines but I reckon it's something I'll be able to do.

Known locally as 'free blimping' the sport of absolute champions. In shops, and in the presence of your bird, it's called 'window shopping' or 'perileching'.

Known locally as 'free blimping' the sport of absolute champions. In shops, and in the presence of your bird, it's called 'window shopping' or 'perileching'.

I'm finding myself going out for more fag breaks with this warm weather. Skimpy tight clothes on fit birds FTW! (obv when the missus isn't around...)