What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 minute ago, goosey said:

Yesterday my neighbours wheelie bin got blown over by the wind, it then rolled down the driveway leaving a trail of debris from the open lid before doing a 180” into the middle of the road and emptying the rest of its contents.  Luckily I was in the vicinity at the time so was able to film the entire event as it happened on my mobile phone then warn drivers about the wheelie bin obstruction in the middle of the road (there was just enough room to squeeze a car past with myself acting as banksman). When my neighbour returned later that day from her 12 hour shift at the nursing home I was keen to point out what had happened and show her my video of the event and give her some advice about bin storage etc but she just ignored me while attempting to lift the heavy bin back onto its wheels (a passing OAP helped her in the end) and dragging the bin back into position then clearing up the litter that had been blown into the road and surrounding area, while I watched and gave advice. 

Link to the tiktok vid or it never happened....

#sarcasm lol

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, goosey said:

Yesterday my neighbours wheelie bin got blown over by the wind, it then rolled down the driveway leaving a trail of debris from the open lid before doing a 180” into the middle of the road and emptying the rest of its contents.  Luckily I was in the vicinity at the time so was able to film the entire event as it happened on my mobile phone then warn drivers about the wheelie bin obstruction in the middle of the road (there was just enough room to squeeze a car past with myself acting as banksman). When my neighbour returned later that day from her 12 hour shift at the nursing home I was keen to point out what had happened and show her my video of the event and give her some advice about bin storage etc but she just ignored me while attempting to lift the heavy bin back onto its wheels (a passing OAP helped her in the end) and dragging the bin back into position then clearing up the litter that had been blown into the road and surrounding area, while I watched and gave advice/encouragement.

That is not at all amusing, you need to take a good look at yourself and think about being a good neighbour.

Checking out of a hotel in America. Tired and slightly grumpy. Friendly guy on the desk was Mexican, name badge says Pedro. I had pre-paid and just wanted a copy of the invoice. I said hello amigo and asked for the invoice, please.

Bit of a delay, so I made a bit of small talk. He heard my accent. "Where you from?" he asked. "England", I said. "I like England accent". Bit of an awkward pause. "How's your day going?" I asked. "OK"... longer pause. He then felt obliged to say something. "I love your culture" he said. By now I'm a bit fed up waiting for this invoice and he's making no attempt to print anything. "Thanks... have you been to England?",  he had not. "So what part of English culture do you like?" I asked, putting him on the spot a bit. Very, very long pause now. Some people behind start forming a queue. Still he doesn't give me the invoice. "Errrrrr......." he says, then, triumphantly... "The clock, the clock!"... I assume he means Big Ben. "Yes, it's impressive". Still no invoice. I am feeling cheeky. "Just the clock? Is that all you like?" I smile at him. Mild panic now sets in as this guy wracks his brains about English culture. "Theeeee... the, errr......." a massive pause.... he forms a bridge shape with his hands.. "THE BRIDGE! THE BRIDGE!"... oh yes, Tower bridge, but he's still not printing the bloody invoice. "Is it just the architecture you like? There's more to English culture, y'know" I am hot and narked. "How about the Queen, the Beatles, Stonehenge, Football, the terrible food..." I ask - he doesn't notice the joke, so I put him on the spot. "Nothing else in English culture take your fancy then?!".... he actually scratches his head. I hear people behind me tutting and don't care.  There's now a pause longer than an X Factor winner announcement. He looks around for help, none comes. "What else, then?" He finally lights up, eureka.... "The fish! The fry fish!!!!".... Fish and chips, lovely, yes mate. I love them too. Then feeling bad, and no sign of my invoice, I say... "You should work for the English tourist board... come and see the clock and the bridge and eat the fried fish! There's not much else worth seeing anyway," ... he looks confused. I feel bad. He looks down at the desk - he'd printed my invoice ages ago and I hadn't noticed.  Sorry Pedro. I am a twat.

My mate was moaning his missus's oil light came on the other day, and how the thing probably needs an oil change soon as its probably never had one. 

I then concurred, and noted I need to do mine before it gets too cold to be arsed. 

So a plan was formed, he said he'd buy my oil and his and the filter if I'd drop it in. Seemed resonable

Screenshot_20230928_180100_One UI Home.jpg

It's a 1l astra K 2019 so it can't be that difficult. 0w20 for it though, £4 more than my 5w30 😂

I'll need to start buying oil filters come 2025's change, the nice stock @Wingz123 gave me years ago is getting low...

20230928_175751.jpg

On 9/23/2023 at 2:09 PM, MikeR said:

I just happened to be in the right place and all set up when this Heron landed in front of me and waded into the pond at a reserve ....

I know Herons are very nervous and vanish at the first hint of man being around ...

But the vid has had 400 plus views ...  what did I do right ????

Screenshot_20230923-140331.thumb.png.2193ea41a094b8919eabdd88a3f78ae6.png

The last few months on my lunch break I’ve been walking around a small lake that’s beside my workplace. There’s a Heron there most days in the reeds. Sometimes it comes close amongst the ducks when I feed them. 

• Like 3

Having spent an evening or so attempting to get a two stroke strimmer working, it running fine then the day after on coming to get it out it was completely dead, it was an absolute delight to fit another recoil to a Briggs and Stratton mower. These old things just work, rarely need much more than a clean out of the carb and and an occasional plug. Simple engineering, built to last. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Having spent an evening or so attempting to get a two stroke strimmer working, it running fine then the day after on coming to get it out it was completely dead, it was an absolute delight to fit another recoil to a Briggs and Stratton mower. These old things just work, rarely need much more than a clean out of the carb and and an occasional plug. Simple engineering, built to last. 

Ive been having trouble too , i think its E10 fuel  ...and water absorbtion . When i drained my chainsaw, coz it wouldnt start,   there was little globules of water in it ..or the sweat dripping off my nose, (because ppe and chainsaw... ) happened to go into the tank when i filled it .. or  the petrol can ..  little engines don't seem to like it 

1 hour ago, Christine said:

Ive been having trouble too , i think its E10 fuel  ...and water absorbtion . When i drained my chainsaw, coz it wouldnt start,   there was little globules of water in it ..or the sweat dripping off my nose, (because ppe and chainsaw... ) happened to go into the tank when i filled it .. or  the petrol can ..  little engines don't seem to like it 

I think it’s because you can’t really build a strimmer for £120 or whatever it is they cost, I got it for free. You can see all over where the corners are cut, the fuel pipes rely on just being wedged in the fuel tank as opposed to the proper grommet on dearer tackle.

1 hour ago, Wack said:

It's 1965 , you've got £4000 (64k today) sitting in the bank then you spot this advert , 19 year old's were flying them with guns 25 years ago, how hard can it be 

Screenshot_20230928-183900_Facebook.thumb.jpg.00d6dd2f8a0780b0184054a15159b74a.jpg

Would have been an even better investment than spending £4k on a house in London in 1965, it would be worth ~£1m similar v £4m for the Spitfire..

A friend of mine tells the story that at the end of the war, the local airport here in NE Scotland had rows parked on the runway and for sale. His father would not buy him one as £50 was a lot of money which they did not have!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Christine said:

I have two non-starting 2-stroke bastards here (cheapish tat) that I must scrap - the Husqvarna chainsaw, on the other hand, can lie dormant for a month then starts on maybe 3rd or fourth pull. :-)
Also it's getting to the weather where you can wear  the padded trousers without getting a sweat rash - happy days

15 hours ago, Tenmil Socket said:

The last few months on my lunch break I’ve been walking around a small lake that’s beside my workplace. There’s a Heron there most days in the reeds. Sometimes it comes close amongst the ducks when I feed them. 

Can you spot it?

IMG_0142.thumb.jpeg.99f88eab3c2c2a324990b80bc45eb604.jpeg

• Like 3