The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Fitting the 45 with a nice shiny 52mm throttle body resulted in the (not unknown) issue of a high/erratic idle, which while bearable, ideally needs fixing with a minor remap. Shortly afterwards, the exhaust also started blowing from somewhere in the middle section. Easy fixes both.

My dilemma is that I'm currently getting an utterly awesome-sounding muffled pop from the exhaust on over-run, and I'm worried that fixing one or both of the above issues will remove it. Such are the quandaries of a shallow twat like myself.

On the plus side, the TB's added a shocking amount of low-end torque without much effect on mpg, so no regrets in fitting it.

Now our house purchase is finally moving forward I’m wanting to think about clearing some things we will not need once we’ve moved. Mainly garden type things that I can sort and sell before winter hits.

Other than the obvious FB/Gumtree/EBay, is there a place people would recommend selling a ride on lawnmower? I would roffle but it’d be a bit of a collection mission…

Will also have a couple of other bits like petrol strimmer/hedge cutter multi tool thing. 

2 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

Now our house purchase is finally moving forward I’m wanting to think about clearing some things we will not need once we’ve moved. Mainly garden type things that I can sort and sell before winter hits.

Other than the obvious FB/Gumtree/EBay, is there a place people would recommend selling a ride on lawnmower? I would roffle but it’d be a bit of a collection mission…

Will also have a couple of other bits like petrol strimmer/hedge cutter multi tool thing. 

Any machinery dealers nearby?

On 9/28/2022 at 6:08 PM, BL Bloke said:

While I was there I had a few people asking me about it and the usual 'I haven't seen one of those for ages' comments

My 205 attracts the most interest of any car I've owned. Its one of those cars that everyone either drove or knew someone that did.

It was novel the first couple of times, but now I get people trying to talk to me when I'm rushing into Tesco for a shite. It can get old fast.

11 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

Where are you and what's the ride on mower?

9 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Any machinery dealers nearby?

I don’t honestly know! Will have to investigate 

7 minutes ago, Coprolalia said:

Where are you and what's the ride on mower?

It’s a Hayter, il find out the model but it looks like this - from Google it looks like it’s a 10/30.

Located in Norfolk

F2581205-0594-4869-B3B5-B4F47D44FF4C.jpeg

On 9/28/2022 at 8:50 PM, JJ0063 said:

https://fb.watch/fQnDft4Z07/

Outside Mildenhall air base the other day. Apparently the 18 year old driver was arrested as he was on drugs.

No injuries apparently! From what I’ve heard, the car was a US one so LHD… if it had been RHD I think there could well have been a death! 

Bloody lucky to not be dead!

747192C7-7E93-455A-83DB-1FB935D70EEB.png

538F978D-E6C6-4BEB-AAA6-A87F3D0468A0.jpeg

This morning I have chucked a load of fuel preserver into the 944 & the T2, took both for a blast around the new inner, outer relief ring road, brought them home & declared the Porsche SORN. There's little point doing that with the camper as it's tax free. Then I booked a Sainsbury's for next week, cancelled my 3tb dropbox & submitted a gas/electric meter reading. Apparently I'm £432 in credit. £84 used, £149 paid. That's Christmas paid for then when I ask for my annual refund at the end of November!

May be an image of car and road

This has just been acquired. The wheel bearing drones more than Nigel Mansell after a disco biscuit and the (slipping) clutch is so high it'll probably have to go to rehab before being replaced.

The heater is stuck on hot (internet search says kinked pipe behind stereo) and the MOT runs out in a few weeks' time. 

MUSIC 101] WHAT DOES “TAKE IT TO THE BRIDGE” Mean? – This is Platinum  Hip-Hop

If anyone is at a loose end, with access to an Italian car,  in the morning, and is near Alton in Hampshire. I’m going along in the new car as the x1/9 is in wales.

from the FIAT Forum .com

Our last bi-monthly meet of 2022 will be held on Saturday 1st October.

As with our previous meets, it will be held at The Departure Lounge Cafe, just outside Alton in northern Hampshire.

The café is a great venue for a breakfast meet, as it has a large solid field on which the owner lets us park so as to be able to display our cars all together and out of the main public car park.

The meet starts at 10am, which is when the café opens, and is not a formal event so no booking is necessary, and entry is free, so just come along if you fancy it. Some people do arrive from 9am, which is OK, and the cafe does sometimes open earlier.

It is open to any Italian car of any age, and we have had classics and supercars through to modern Alfas and Fiats and everything in between. Attendees have come from across the southern counties and as far afield as London, Kent, and Dorset, with many clubs supporting the event.

The format is simple, we park up, chat to other owners and look at the cars on show, and have some breakfast if you want to. People usually drift away after lunch. We have had close to 200 cars at some previous events, so there is plenty to see, and always lots of Fiats.

We would love to see you all again, or meet you for the first time if you haven’t been before. Please do also spread the word to other Italian marque forums or social media that you are part of.

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

If anyone is at a loose end, with access to an Italian car,  in the morning, and is near Alton in Hampshire. I’m going along in the new car as the x1/9 is in wales.

from the FIAT Forum .com

Our last bi-monthly meet of 2022 will be held on Saturday 1st October.

As with our previous meets, it will be held at The Departure Lounge Cafe, just outside Alton in northern Hampshire.

The café is a great venue for a breakfast meet, as it has a large solid field on which the owner lets us park so as to be able to display our cars all together and out of the main public car park.

The meet starts at 10am, which is when the café opens, and is not a formal event so no booking is necessary, and entry is free, so just come along if you fancy it. Some people do arrive from 9am, which is OK, and the cafe does sometimes open earlier.

It is open to any Italian car of any age, and we have had classics and supercars through to modern Alfas and Fiats and everything in between. Attendees have come from across the southern counties and as far afield as London, Kent, and Dorset, with many clubs supporting the event.

The format is simple, we park up, chat to other owners and look at the cars on show, and have some breakfast if you want to. People usually drift away after lunch. We have had close to 200 cars at some previous events, so there is plenty to see, and always lots of Fiats.

We would love to see you all again, or meet you for the first time if you haven’t been before. Please do also spread the word to other Italian marque forums or social media that you are part of.

Sounds good, but 86 miles just a bit far for a breakfast meet. I declared SORN for the Trevi and BiTurbo today, but still have the Seicento and have been thinking about a longer trip for it.  Then there is always the Alfa 156.

3 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Sounds good, but 86 miles just a bit far for a breakfast meet. I declared SORN for the Trevi and BiTurbo today, but still have the Seicento and have been thinking about a longer trip for it.  Then there is always the Alfa 156.

I’ve been ill all week following a booster vaccination last weekend. Just feeling relatively normal again today so thought id get out tomorrow - only 25 miles for me. 

Golf failed its overdue MOT due to rear brakes.  Binding on both sides (one worse than the other, one a fail and the other an advisory) and rear pads (worn).  A couple of other minor bits (bulbs - whoops) but to be honest, I'm not bothered.  I'll get the garage to sort it, I'll give the car a service, a clean and fix a couple of bits that need fixing and we live to fight another day.  Even factoring in the £456 to get it recovered a couple of weeks ago, the £25 for the new intercooler pipe that went on easily and whatever this brake work costs I wouldn't be able to buy a car I like more and that I know the history of for less...