The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

37 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I've been looking for anything similar.  A couple of Daihatsu mounts look like they might fit, but the problem is that they come as a complete unit with the metalastic bush bonded into the metal bracket - I just need the round metalastic bit.  I was looking at mounts for the Daihatsu Move (similar engine, readily available) which look roughly the right size, but the mounting hole is in the middle whereas on the Innocenti it is off centre.

Worth getting a photo of it and asking here I'd think.  Someone may well be able to say "that's the same as ..." Maybe not, but worth a shot.

Failing that there are companies out there who can rebuild things like that, name escapes me but if memory serves there's one over in Poland who are the go-to for rebuilding Citroen Xantia strut tops.

8 minutes ago, Crackers said:

How steep is the cliff we're pushing it off, then?

To start with I thought they were 0-50 times but then the fastest being the 2 1/4 diesel makes it all complete garbage!

I have driven a S2 Diesel and the Vicar passing me on his bicycle was no surprise but the lady with her pram......

1 hour ago, SiC said:

Can't you modify the MG loom/connector to suit that lock? Sounds like that's a more plentiful supply option than the correct one. Or if the gubbins are the same inside, swap that between them and make one good unit?

That may yet be the plan, it's either that or chance one from a breakers. (Which being chinesium, will be ready broken for my pleasure) 

I'm thinking I might be able to swap over the lock backplate with the correct socket, we'll have to see what horrors await once I've found my torx bits and calmed down a touch. 

45 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I don't understand why Series LR owners complain about performance when a 2 1/4 diesel will do 0-60 in 10 Secs!

Classic car Buyer 27 Jan 2021.

Land Rover 0-60.jpg

A bloke I used to work with had a series diesel, one lunchtime I went with him down to the petrol station to fill up, round trip about 5miles, felt like a day out (and ran out of time to eat my lunch)

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

I don't understand why Series LR owners complain about performance when a 2 1/4 diesel will do 0-60 in 10 Secs!

I read a buyers guide for the Dolomite a few years and they'd managed to get almost all of the tech specs wrong.

Quite impressive really. 

I remember another magazine printing that a two-stroke Saab had overhead valves... These things happen.

Today, we went shopping in my new car (embargoed Primera replacement). Got reversed into while at Tescos. Woman in a Corsa just reversed into us. I bibbed the horn but she just drove off briskly. I wasn't fussed. Kids had fun trying to spot damage. Miss HubNut wants us to track the woman down. 

1 hour ago, DVee8 said:

Fuck, I've just been talked into doing a wedding. Using my Daimler It's been 11 years since I did the last one and I said i would never do it again.

I have done one bride to the church. Sitting out one convivial evening with my friend and his bride to be, he promised his E Type would be put back on the road for the event a year later. I said Sarah if its not ready I will take you to the church in mine! I was as nervous as the bride because my E Type had never been very reliable, but all went well and the groom used his Renault Caravelle to carry his bride off in.

Now I have offered The Doctor of this very parish I will do the honours for him if wanted.........

P1190600 broad.jpg

5 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Will you also transport people who are not getting married?

Asking for a friend, obvs.

My friend Steve who's wedding it was taught me sharing cars is even more fun than just having them so if it is out while you are here I would be pleased to take you out in it.

I had to jump start my E-Type once from my Visa at a Citroen show, that made them laugh at me! 

DSC_0756 broad.jpg

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Land Rover 0-60.jpg

Maybe the theft of land rovers, has emigrated to the theft of zeros and it was supposed to be 0 to 60 in 100 seconds.  

2 hours ago, DVee8 said:

Fuck, I've just been talked into doing a wedding. Using my Daimler It's been 11 years since I did the last one and I said i would never do it again.

I’ve done a few in the 2cv now and it’s fun but a huge pain in the arße too.

10 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Look at the fucking state of this 

4F9F7B3A-231D-4154-97A4-547DD245D59C.thumb.jpeg.aeb4769deb889c77936a48fde0b4ebbf.jpeg

Neglected builders van? No, a freshly collected rental from enterprise. 

Are you going to have that stain analysed?

EDIT to add: if the analysis comes back with DNA traces, you might want to demand a replacement vehicle from Enterprise.....

29 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Look at the fucking state of this 

4F9F7B3A-231D-4154-97A4-547DD245D59C.thumb.jpeg.aeb4769deb889c77936a48fde0b4ebbf.jpeg

Neglected builders van? No, a freshly collected rental from enterprise. 

Is that a Covid-safe stain? I thought companies were stepping up their cleaning efforts due to the pandemic, not ejaculating on the seats and leaving it for the next customer to enjoy*?