Ford's Dagenham Dream - Tonight on TV

Mr H Sceptre

****Apologies, its on at 9pm****

From the (very brief) synopsis on www.tvguide.co.uk:

British drivers' enthusiasm for the US-designed cars that were manufactured at Ford's Dagenham factory, including the Zephyr and Cortina models, and the stylish Capri that appealed to the younger generation in the 1970s

Also repeated:

BBC4 3:00am Thu 5 Mar

BBC4 10:30pm Thu 5 Mar

BBC4 10:00pm Sun 8 Mar

BBC4 2:10am Mon 9 Mar

Cheers for the repeat info. My parents have access to the only TV with BBC 4 on it and I can't imagine them giving up 'Grand Designs'.*A Little Rant Now Follows* I find it f***ing unbelievable you cannot watch something and video another thing at the same time - I suspect digital was designed this way to make us all buy Sky+ or similar.

Cheers for the repeat info. My parents have access to the only TV with BBC 4 on it and I can't imagine them giving up 'Grand Designs'.*A Little Rant Now Follows* I find it f***ing unbelievable you cannot watch something and video another thing at the same time - I suspect digital was designed this way to make us all buy Sky+ or similar.

Buy a cheap Freeview PVR, then you'll be able to record and watch at the same time!

Buy a cheap Freeview PVR, then you'll be able to record and watch at the same time!

Or, errmm...

Posted Image

I heart Sky's multishite digi channels. Which is mostly what will be left now that ITV is in its death throes. Mind you, that was also shite. Albeit free shite.

The PROPER Minder is on ITV4 at 8pm tonight, but its a repeat of last night's ('Get Daley', 1983).The ford programme does unfortunately clash with Auf Weidesein Pet, also on ITV4, so I might well watch the Ford thingy at one of the repeated times. Decisions decisions.Hang on, does BBC I-Player show BBC4 stuff????

Guest Tony Hayers

Could always watch Auf pet on +1Secret life of the motorway, Fords Dagenham Dream and then Auf Pet, so thats my evening sorted 8)

That could be good - my DVD recorder has built-in Freeview so I'll bosh it on a disc for all eternity :D Auf Wiedersehen tonight though as mentioned so I'll record the 3am one. Can't watch it tomorrow night as it clashes with "Red Riding" with my car in it *nudge, nudge* :wink:

You can watch BBC4 programmes on iplayer :) Looking forward to red riding to as I've the four books(1974,1977,1980&1983) which are great. Very dark though.

I have to scratch the Mk1 Capri itch soon.Recently my "cars I must own" list has shrunk somewhat.1: Aston Martin V8 Vantage OI.2: Capri 2600RS3: Capri 3.0 GT XLR in yellow with matt black bonnet4: Capri RS 31005: Mercedes W124 500E.

good programme that shame they crushed a mk1 tina at the end :evil:

I saw that footage when I was about 10 - its ancient - I thought they'd end the programme with that one.Good programme, nice period adverts too. Loved the MK1 Capri advert, makes me wish I was born 30 years earlier!

Guest Tony Hayers

good programme that shame they crushed a mk1 tina at the end :evil:

I think the Mk1 was in a 1980s scrapyard.

I saw that footage when I was about 10 - its ancient - I thought they'd end the programme with that one.

Yes, I also recognised it. Used in the 1982 BBC documentary Arena - The Ford Cortina, where they did a hour long show on the passing of the Cortina to its replacement, the Sierra!

Well, after banging on about the programme, I ended up going down the local bar & shifting a few pints, missing the Ford docu, & then getting home & watcing the highlights of my footy team getting dicked 4-0 by some daft cockney faries. Not good.

Well, after banging on about the programme, I ended up going down the local bar & shifting a few pints, missing the Ford docu, & then getting home & watcing the highlights of my footy team getting dicked 4-0 by some daft cockney faries. Not good.

:roll::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I also recognised it. Used in the 1982 BBC documentary Arena - The Ford Cortina, where they did a hour long show on the passing of the Cortina to its replacement, the Sierra!

This was repeated a couple of years ago, although it was shorter than the original broadcast. I do have it on disc somewhere.I was obsessed with Cortinas as a child, I got special permission from my parents to stay up late (9 or 10pm) to watch it.

It was quite a good prog, although the usual slack scripting - e.g. Ford product guy sez "we decided rallying was the way forward to promote the Cortina", cut to....racing footage :roll: Still, the sight of Dagenham chock full of finished and half-finished Mk3s during a strike was quite a sight (reminded me of the Longbridge urbex pics)...some GXLs in GR8 70s colours (yellow, lime green, purple) being built too. I enjoyed it.