Made in Dagenham?

Dobloseven

12 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Said this before been there done that.

Most haven't got a clue what's correct they just want stuff from the period usually at a minute's notice during the week.

Have to look as std as possible (had an argument one day over correct alloy wheels on a car they seem to think they were only invented 10 years ago!)

Hard to get them to understand cars looked shagged at 10 years old  & even harder to find classic vehicles that look like used cars when they're 50+ years old.

Lastly it's fantasy not a documentary like EastEnders.

Every Cortina I remember as a kid was the usual ‘coat hanger’ aerial, scabs all over and a odd coloured wing. When you watch them on old dramas now they look immaculate. 

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Every Cortina I remember as a kid was the usual ‘coat hanger’ aerial, scabs all over and a odd coloured wing. When you watch them on old dramas now they look immaculate. 

Mine was posh then - both front wings were the same colour but the drivers had been hammered out after a 'ding' prior to me buying it (£200 mate - sorted!) so looked a bit like one of those hand beaten copper dishes you get from India.
Vinyl roof, brown velour, sumptuous vehicle, ran for a year (1990 - it was '78 reg'd one).
I had a mate back then who ran banger Fiat 500s (jelly mould shaped ones) and he used to pick up a bit of work at Shepperton now and then as he did live local. Also local was the faked up Met Police bubble car used by Leslie Nielsen in the Red Rock Cider ads and we got some team piccies arrayed alongside that.
So I goes looking for the aforementioned advert and found the bubble car at about 3 minutes in.
Trouble is that right at the start they're sat in a Senator with a Met Police logo on the door, that trips me off straight away as Senators were from 'The Counties' we only 'did' Leyland tat pretty much in London at the time ('they' got 3 litre Senators 'we' got Rover SD1 in 2.6 (mere mortals) or 3.5 (Traffic Gods) - blimey I'm off on one again.........