1994 Renault Clio 1.2RN not £450!!

theorganist

There is an elderly lady at church who is about to give up driving due to failing eyesight. She has a 1994 Renault Clio RN with the 1.2cc engine which I have said I will sell for her.

I have driven it a few times and it drives well the only problem is sometimes it jumps out of second. You have to be quite firm when you select second and it then seems to be okay.

It it showing 97,000 miles and has an MOT expiry of October the 2nd 2015. It failed on one item at the last MOT and that was

a CV gaiter.

The advisories were:

NS Door mirror insecure and broken (she tends to make contact with the garage door frame with it)

Front number plate damaged

Oil leak off engine

She is a bit vague about previous repairs as she seems to have thrown bills away so I would imagine the Cambelt should be a priority.

She had a clutch in it she says around three years ago and I do recall have having it done.

Here are some photo's for your delectation.

As you can see it has a few scrapes and some rust coming up on the rear arches but I think it is generally very presentable and pretty clean. It appears to be pretty solid underneath and under her tenure at least has done very little miles and has been garaged.

She is an interesting lady her father played for Aston Villa in the early 1900's and won the FA cup. I have known her for 23 years and she has been a member of the church since she was young. She taught at the Sunday School for 60 years.

PM me if interested before I have to endure the rigours of Ebay!

IMAG1215.jpgIMAG1216.jpgIMAG1217.jpgIMAG1218.jpgIMAG1219.jpgIMAG1220.jpgIMAG1221.jpgIMAG1222.jpgIMAG1223.jpgIMAG1224.jpgIMAG1225.jpgIMAG1226.jpgIMAG1227.jpgIMAG1228.jpgIMAG1229.jpgIMAG1230.jpgIMAG1231.jpg

Any good for your lady friend with the knackered focus? if she scraps the oiless/cambelt-less Focus she'll be about 30% of the way to this bad mutha funker. Or the dear old lady might be able to be emotionally manipulated* to drop the price on account fo the misfortune of the other younger lady, and you get mega good karma for helping a damsel in distress as well as liquidating the assets of an old dear, ready to spend on gin and cushions with pictures of yorkshire terriers (or whatever old people buy).

That has crossed my mind. The price is certainly negotiable as We By Any Car offered her £75. She has a lower opinion of its value than I do so that is just my starting price.

Edit:

I have suggested it to her (my lady friend) to see if she seems interested.

If the deal goes through I want commission.

In gin.

:-D

Okay maybe I was a bit optimistic. I think tbh she was expecting no more than 250 so I guess If I can improve on that I may be earning bonus points. I didn't tell her I thought it would fetch 450 but said I thought it was worth more than 200.

Blimey I'm on a roll that's two women I have given false hope to this week and we are only halfway through the week!

I think I'll stay out of other people's car woes in future!

What no Fish?

I wonder what she thinks its worth, not too much I hope.

If this was on the Cavcraft forecourt I cant imagine it being up for much more than a Sun holiday.

She had a fish on her old 106 there doesn't appear to be one on this.

There is a Stourbridge FC sticker for extra shite football team points! Although they were fa cup giant killers a couple of seasons ago and were live on sky sports!

I'm afraid I agree with others on this re the price. Nice condition higher spec ones seem to go for around £350-£400. I spent ages looking for one but then gave up and bought a Cavalier instead, as one does.

Saying that, looks like it'll do someone a turn and love the 90s naff pattern interior!

What no Fish?

The good old fish does seem to have died a bit of a death. When I was growing up most people in the church I went to had one. In the church I go to now I don't think any of us have one...

RIP car fish...

I'll resurrect you for the next car purchase, that'll be appropriate.

Oh and those seats... WOW!

I reckon £250 would be a right touch, if she could get that for it. I'd advertise it for that and expect to see about £200 for it, personally speaking.

Thanks for the advice this is why this is such a great place.

Apart from that Fiesta a couple of years ago I haven't bought/sold a "normal" car for years, my most recent normal cars have been slightly higher value. I was crowing at what a bargain that Fiesta was for £250, maybe it was about right! I hadn't appreciated how cheap a decent car with an MOT had become or perhaps always has been! When I was purchasing cars like this in the 90's I was probably paying 50% too much as they were all from bombsite car dealers.

I will probably try Autotrader/Gumtree and advertise it at £350. If I get £250 to £300 someone will feel they have got a bargain and the lady will be reasonably happy.