For sale Vectrashite price drop! £450

jonathan_dyane

Deffo shit not shite in my book. A 2.2 DTi Vectra Signum has the dubious honour of the worst car my parents have ever owned, and they no strangers to owning Fiats, Renaults and Rovers.

I dread to think what it cost my poor Dad in garage bills, it was cattle trucked 95% of the time and either in limp home mode or had the EML Spanner in the display. Their reliable car was a facelift 25 at the time or my 13 year old KV6 75...

They are a good car, but inside I found them rather dull and boring with dark grey plastic everywhere and no hint of flair like other cars in the same class attempted to install; used to MOT a SRi V6 CDTi and whilst the outside looked quite nice in its metallic black paintwork, inside was .... Dull grey bland seats with everything looking so plain. The real let down for me was such a expensive car with wind down rear windows.

Dull as ditchwater, actually prefer the original Vectra 'B' model, but thats just my opinion

Appart from breaking springs and rusting brake pipes they seem to age well, but like with the Zafira and Picasso so seem to be acquiring a certain image which is less glamorous;more Aldi and less Waitrose !!

• 1 month later...

So after completely trouble-free motoring ever since I bought this, I decided that life was far too boring so I've bought a disreputable XM off the ebay: $_12.JPG$_12.JPG

As you can see it appears to have puddles under it already!

I have therefore decided to flog the Vectra. It runs without issue, is very economical, doesn't use oil or water and generally is free from hassle. I have replaced the knackered Polish tyres with part worn tyres, binned the wheel trims and removed the window tint film. The only real issue with the thing is various dents and a foible with the central locking that requires a trick to open one of the back doors.

August tax and test, 155000 miles only thing I can think of that it might need for a test in the future is a bush on the back end; there is ocassionally a clunk.

£550 to a shiter?

The auctions will return you next to FA, me old china. I'll ask about for you, as had a fair bit of interest in mine so if it goes I'll pass your details on. I know I'll have missed this through laziness/stupidity, but how much are you after for it?

I've just had some foreign thugs around to look at this who pressed me on the telephone for my 'best price' so I gave them £500 (which I agreed to on the proviso that I would not accept any further haggling when they arrived). They then tried to chisel the price down further in person so I drove off and left them to drive back to Manchester empty handed.

Getting well sick of dealing with the hoi polloi, so I'm dropping the price to £450 for any shiter who wants it.