Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

This arrived today and I'm fairly pleased with it

Not seen before in 1/18 and is mint condition apart from a set of the spotlights need rebuilding

Not a fan of Otto as they don't open up but the detail of the car is very good

Need to find out if there is an aerial missing too....

Mot only just out on that, low miles as well.

Blimey, they are even ringing toy Land Rovers now...... 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corgi-Whizzwheels-Land-Rover-/253211226938?hash=item3af490b33a:g:Um4AAOSwZ7lZ5LDy

post-5367-0-08153000-1508576346_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Corgi Breakdown shell on a Whizzwheels chassis with spun hubs!     

Got the Majorette Peugeot 406 myself in Metallic Blue and Red. These have the sliding sunroof like the MK1 Mondeo and have the turning wheels. Got the Tipo too In Blue and a tatty one in Yellow that I'm going to repaint Silver like my Tipo DGT I used to own. 

Also have the Same BMW Z3 and Renault 19. Really shouldn't keeping looking on ebay etc at Majorette as keeping buying more!

post-17414-0-28551200-1508621508_thumb.jpegpost-17414-0-28452400-1508621537_thumb.jpeg

What now?

I've just stripped 60 odd years of paint from this, one of my Dad's old Dinkys. I bought a couple of Poundshop aerosols at the same time as the fake Nitromors. Can I just blow it over with topcoat or should I prime it? I don't want to much paint on it and lose detail. I'm even thinking about striping them all( box of about 20) and just laquering and buying some tyres off eBay, saying that, what's the worse that can happen if I just leave it bare?

I'm only doing this because of generations of abuse and childish repaints by my Dad, me and my brothers, cousins, nephews and nieces. I feel guilty cleaning them up and putting them in a cabinet instead of being played with and kept in a scruffy cardboard box in my Grandma's kitchen.