BEST 4 grand car

bezzabsa

18 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

to answer a few Q's.  it will be a daily use vehicle, mainly short <5 miles journeys, with weekend coastal jaunts. Mainly with me on my own.

it would have to live outside, due to living in a high rise

30mpg round town would be nice (bini is doing about that and 55 on a run)

Eco boost erm No ta sis has just had to have hers rebuilt...luckily under warranty and ex wifes focus eco is on its 2nd engine..

quite like the 1 series but seeing how many are spears or reapers has put me off..

RE my R56 its now running as well as it can after spending almost 2k on it, so may be a possibility of keeping the bini and throwing some new suspension & wheels at it, also updating the sound system and brakes

Rebuilt through wrong oil/failure to heed low oil pressure signs…

5 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

No she didn’t…. But you can pick up a reasonable example of what she did drive for £4k… 

IMG_0164.png

I don’t think the Princess of Wales drove anything interesting, it was the Princess Royal who had Scimitars.  Whilst a Scimitar or even better a Gilbern are very good car choices it was stated no 2 doors. The best suggestions so far are from @NorfolkNWeigh the E320 estate would be my choice without doubt it is even in the best colour. The BMW 330 is also a good shout and a Rover 75 not bad, the rest of the suggestions are pretty grim.

36 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

I don’t think the Princess of Wales drove anything interesting, it was the Princess Royal who had Scimitars.  Whilst a Scimitar or even better a Gilbern are very good car choices it was stated no 2 doors. The best suggestions so far are from @NorfolkNWeigh the E320 estate would be my choice without doubt it is even in the best colour. The BMW 330 is also a good shout and a Rover 75 not bad, the rest of the suggestions are pretty grim.

Agree with about Rover… got my Royal lineage confused!

23 hours ago, rattlecan said:

Best £4K car? That would be my Mk2 RS2000 that I paid precisely that sum of money for in 2001 😀🤦🏼‍♂️

GIT *sulks*

Think im erring on keeping the ungrateful pile of BMW shite for the time being.. spend a few quid on suspension and some odds n sods then thrash the balls out of it so I can at least enjoy the new timing kit!!!!