Rusty Monza shite

ianbmw

It’s rare I post on here, but I stalk…..occasionally go for a roffle.

But ladies and gentleman , cats and dogs…..I have rusty shite content.

post you comments, give your opinions, donate Haribo!

MOT expired Oct 2023, I tested it the year before…..knowing it had some hidden sins, but I decided to knock the filler out and investigate.

buy shares in a whiskey distillery, I’m drinking enough of it tonight!

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg

IMG_7467.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

IMG_7473.jpeg

IMG_7474.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

IMG_7483.jpeg

IMG_7485.jpeg

IMG_7488.jpeg

IMG_7487.jpeg

IMG_7486.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7489.jpeg

IMG_7491.jpeg

IMG_7493.jpeg

IMG_7492.jpeg

9D299841-7A5E-4223-8BC7-E233AC51DB74.jpeg

IMG_7500.jpeg

53 minutes ago, ianbmw said:

It’s rare I post on here, but I stalk…..occasionally go for a roffle.

But ladies and gentleman , cats and dogs…..I have rusty shite content.

post you comments, give your opinions, donate Haribo!

MOT expired Oct 2023, I tested it the year before…..knowing it had some hidden sins, but I decided to knock the filler out and investigate.

buy shares in a whiskey distillery, I’m drinking enough of it tonight!

IMG_7460.jpeg

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg

IMG_7467.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

IMG_7473.jpeg

IMG_7474.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

IMG_7483.jpeg

IMG_7485.jpeg

IMG_7488.jpeg

IMG_7487.jpeg

IMG_7486.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7489.jpeg

IMG_7491.jpeg

IMG_7493.jpeg

IMG_7492.jpeg

9D299841-7A5E-4223-8BC7-E233AC51DB74.jpeg

IMG_7500.jpeg

Fucking legend. Awesome 👌 

Love these but by fuck can they rust... If the back three feet of it's like that, what's the rest of it like?

29 minutes ago, Spiny Norman said:

Love these but by fuck can they rust... If the back three feet of it's like that, what's the rest of it like?

Floors, chassis rails, even the front turret tops are good.

and I say that without rose tinted glasses

I do like Monzas but ooft ,that is going to take a lot of chicken wire, old copies of the news of the world, dish rags and Isopon to fix.  

10 hours ago, Marina door handles said:

I do like Monzas but ooft ,that is going to take a lot of chicken wire, old copies of the news of the world, dish rags and Isopon to fix.  

IMG_7464.thumb.jpeg.172d6ce36044bb2e80c374d9dea30319.jpegthere’s no chicken wire or filler left in the world, it’s all already on this car.

• Like 6

So good to see this one getting some love. I followed it on RR a decade ago when it was pulled back from the brink the first time. 

Have you owned it all along then, or did MonzaPhil recommission it years back and then move it on? It looked so clean when it was back together the first time around! 

Edit: Slight aside, but was it you who created that epic welding and fabrication thread on RR years ago? I can't find it now but remember there was some superb quality work shown on there. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, hairnet said:

@Skizzer to the big gm hatch shaped telephone please

@GingerNuttz you could make that pretty again no?

Doesn't look that bad tbf but I like torturing my with rusty crap 😂

• Like 2

Not much car to rust ratio there, you are a brave man, even I gave up trying to weld things that looked like that some years ago

It actually came to me, Phil, me after being found in a field in 2009…….I got Rev, Phil took the absolutely rotten one to fix his Monza.

No log books but HPI clear, however what we didn’t know was, both were put in under scrappage scheme and DVLA refused to issue a log book…….lots of moaning, arguing and crayon rubbings later, it got a log book.

so it’s already been scrapped once. Phil tarted it up, but didn’t go looking for problems…….where I have…..boy have I found some problems.So it’s more shady that a shady thing on international shady day.

wheels will be for sale, they don’t come with any rust, but can be negotiated to include some rust in the hubs.

IMG_7559.jpeg

IMG_7560.jpeg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Stinkwheel said:

Not much car to rust ratio there, you are a brave man, even I gave up trying to weld things that looked like that some years ago

If the ratio is less than 50% does it become a new car?

Thats a very late registered one, fair play for poking the rust to see what lies beneath it all - looks like you've got your hands full.

Does it have the digital dash - they are a thing of beauty and amazed me when I first saw one in the late 80's.

2 hours ago, Popsicle said:

Thats a very late registered one, fair play for poking the rust to see what lies beneath it all - looks like you've got your hands full.

Does it have the digital dash - they are a thing of beauty and amazed me when I first saw one in the late 80's.

It does, sometimes it works too, rust must of got to that to boot

Woaft.

That was one of my favourites  from the Restoration Show last year — a still from the video here:

IMG_5309.thumb.jpeg.b09fc3a70a300d632ee562b4d3880eb4.jpeg

Will follow with interest. My Royale is developing a few bubbles here and there from past repairs.

I’m not thinking about them.

• Like 3