The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Jesus H fucking christ some people really are utter cunts.

Just had an ultra irritating karen in a D3 reverse into the front of the merc.  I saw it happen.  I wasn't in the car at the time.  Cue an utter barrage of shit from her about "you parked too close"  "I didn't see you"  "you're in an awkward location" yadda yadda.  And when I tell her that she's done damage (which she has) she gets all twattish with me, and starts telling me I'm being agressive.  She then gets shitty with me when she gives me her phone number and I drop call her phone to make sure it's her and to give her my number.  "oh, don't you believe me??!?!!!?"  Actually, no, I don't.  Plus this is the easiest way to give you my number.
Then when I give her my name "well that's typical.. that's my ex's name"  What the utter fuck has that got to do with it?

No apology for hitting the front of my car.  A properly nasty arrogant attitude, and she even said "what else do you want,.. I'm in a hurry".

Fuck you, you utter waste of blood and organs.

And breathe!

9 hours ago, cobblers said:

"I'M DISABLED AND I CAN'T EVEN PARK OUTSIDE MY OWN BLOODY HOUSE!!" he's effing and jeffing and chuntering away as I get in my van. Grabbing the gate and swaying about like that old bloke up on the balcony in Rita Sue and Bob Too.

I suppose you could have asked him if he'd applied for a disabled space marking from the council.  Strongly suspect that he hasn't...

30 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Just had an ultra irritating karen in a D3 reverse into the front of the merc.  I saw it happen.  I wasn't in the car at the time.  Cue an utter barrage of shit from her about "you parked too close"  "I didn't see you"  "you're in an awkward location" yadda yadda.  And when I tell her that she's done damage (which she has) she gets all twattish with me, and starts telling me I'm being agressive.  She then gets shitty with me when she gives me her phone number and I drop call her phone to make sure it's her and to give her my number.  "oh, don't you believe me??!?!!!?"  Actually, no, I don't.  Plus this is the easiest way to give you my number.
Then when I give her my name "well that's typical.. that's my ex's name"  What the utter fuck has that got to do with it?

No apology for hitting the front of my car.  A properly nasty arrogant attitude, and she even said "what else do you want,.. I'm in a hurry".

And breathe!

I can’t stand people like that, utter cunts. Sorry to hear you had to put up with that mate.

I think I wrote a while back about a similar spat I had with a bloke who hit the landy whilst parking. He was adamant he didn’t hit it despite me watching him, and got quite angry. I left him to fuck off, and then when I left I also didn’t hit his car.

well, she's going to get a rather large surprise.  If she'd been reasonable and apologetic, I'd have offered to fit a second-hand bumper at cost.  Now, she's getting a quote from mercedes for a brand new bumper and their labour to fit.  And two other quotes from people I know who run bodyshops.  If she sees change from £1k for this she'll be lucky.  She won't like that, but tough shit.  If she ignores me, I'll just engage the police and claim direct from her insurer.  Utter cowbag.

10 hours ago, cobblers said:

Went to have a look round a village yesterday as there's a house for sale we're interested in. 

Parked my van on the main road through it, nice wide road. Plenty of spaces, and I even picked a house with a massive privet hedge to park in front so that the owner was less likely to notice we were even there because I know people can be funny buggers about parking. Really tried my best to find the most considerate place to park, especially since we might end up moving there and my van is quite distinctive. 

Had a wander round for half an hour, and as we were walking up the street back to the van there's a very angry man stood at his gate,  shouting at us "IS THIS YOUR VAN???" from about 50 yards away

"I'M DISABLED AND I CAN'T EVEN PARK OUTSIDE MY OWN BLOODY HOUSE!!" he's effing and jeffing and chuntering away as I get in my van. Grabbing the gate and swaying about like that old bloke up on the balcony in Rita Sue and Bob Too.

I'm not a fucking mind reader mate! - Bit my tongue instead of offering him the usual various advice people like that need to be given about parking on a public road etc.

He'd parked right up close behind me and he was only about 6 foot further away from his gate than he would otherwise have been.

The answer is to the question is that your van.

It's not my van. I burruwed it off shamus back at the site, and knowing him he prub'ly rubbed it, why d'you wanna to know?

NOW. Whilzt am ere... Are you interested in a dawg or some tarmac coz I can ask patrik to come round, if you are, and we've got some lovely pups for sale. Proper fighting Dawgs they'll be. I can put one aside for you..

1 hour ago, Talbot said:

And breathe!

You need to report it within 24hrs to get an incident number from the police for your insurance claim.

34 minutes ago, ruffgeezer said:

You need to report it within 24hrs to get an incident number from the police for your insurance claim.

Indeed.  I plan to give the woman an initial quotation tomorrow morning.  If she baulks at it, I'll be straight on to the fuzz for an incident number.

1 hour ago, Talbot said:

well, she's going to get a rather large surprise.  If she'd been reasonable and apologetic, I'd have offered to fit a second-hand bumper at cost.  Now, she's getting a quote from mercedes for a brand new bumper and their labour to fit.  And two other quotes from people I know who run bodyshops.  If she sees change from £1k for this she'll be lucky.  She won't like that, but tough shit.  If she ignores me, I'll just engage the police and claim direct from her insurer.  Utter cowbag.

Don't forget that she broke BOTH HEADLIGHTS...

The cost for a bumper and fitting from Mercedes is going to be eye-watering enough for her...

She was even trying to pretend she knew what she was talking about, saying "it can't have been me, your number plate isn't broken".

"The number plate is clear PVC plastic and fairly flexible.  The bumper is ABS which is more brittle, so it's no surprise the number plate is not broken but the bumper is."

That's the point at which she realised she was screwed and started getting even more aggressive.

I might take the bumper off tomorrow and see what other damage has been done.

• Like 2

On 27/01/2024 at 22:17, bunglebus said:

I used to collect bikes people had chucked out, clean them up and get them in good working order to sell on Gumtree for a bit of beer money.

One woman asks me if I could bring two kids bikes to her, probably 12-15 miles away but she seems keen to have them both so I agree and she gives me an address.

I turn up, and it's a traveller's site. I stopped outside and thought of just turning round and going home, but I got waved inside and it was too late. 

I found her place, she glanced at the bikes, gave me the full asking price and thanked me, and I left. WEIRD. 

On 28/01/2024 at 18:07, New POD said:

Thus proving that not all stereotypes are correct. 

1 hour ago, New POD said:

It's not my van. I burruwed it off shamus back at the site, and knowing him he prub'ly rubbed it, why d'you wanna to know?

NOW. Whilzt am ere... Are you interested in a dawg or some tarmac coz I can ask patrik to come round, if you are, and we've got some lovely pups for sale. Proper fighting Dawgs they'll be. I can put one aside for you..

Jesus, make your mind up New POD.

33 minutes ago, Talbot said:

The cost for a bumper and fitting from Mercedes is going to be eye-watering enough for her...

She was even trying to pretend she knew what she was talking about, saying "it can't have been me, your number plate isn't broken".

"The number plate is clear PVC plastic and fairly flexible.  The bumper is ABS which is more brittle, so it's no surprise the number plate is not broken but the bumper is."

That's the point at which she realised she was screwed and started getting even more aggressive.

I might take the bumper off tomorrow and see what other damage has been done.

Was there any CCTV? Cos you know she’ll be denying it… :(

• Like 2

Was going to put this up the other day but forgot. Saturday While standing on a small step ladder working on the Merc fitting a new heater pipe at the back of the engine by the bulkhead, the step ladder fell over and my body slipped back catching my Penis and testicals on the slam panel which stopped me sliding any further but suspended me in mid air while I flayed my legs around in massive pain and panic trying to find the ladder put my feet back on.  Luckily my wife came to assist as the ring camera went off and she thought someone was at the front door. 

12 hours ago, cobblers said:

Went to have a look round a village yesterday as there's a house for sale we're interested in. 

Parked my van on the main road through it, nice wide road. Plenty of spaces, and I even picked a house with a massive privet hedge to park in front so that the owner was less likely to notice we were even there because I know people can be funny buggers about parking. Really tried my best to find the most considerate place to park, especially since we might end up moving there and my van is quite distinctive. 

Had a wander round for half an hour, and as we were walking up the street back to the van there's a very angry man stood at his gate,  shouting at us "IS THIS YOUR VAN???" from about 50 yards away

I'm not a fucking mind reader mate! - Bit my tongue instead of offering him the usual various advice people like that need to be given about parking on a public road etc.

He'd parked right up close behind me and he was only about 6 foot further away from his gate than he would otherwise have been.

Liked for the Rita Sue and Bob too reference 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, New POD said:

He wants to move there, tho..

I got a PCN from the Dartford charge today.

Back in October I crossed both ways, when I got home and went online to pay, it only let me pay for one crossing. Hmm, odd.

I tried a couple of days later and the trip back was available, so I paid for that too.

Only it's triggered (three months later) that the second payment was too late. I don't know what I was supposed to do - put it through as a 'future payment'? What a bloody shite system!

Anyway, the ticket is only £2.50 as it's my first "offence". I can't be bothered arguing with them, so I've sent them £2.50. By cheque. To an address in Leeds (?!).

I'm hoping that the cost of finding my details from Swansea, posting me a letter, and processing the received cheque will be greater than £2.50.

11 hours ago, N19 said:

I got a PCN from the Dartford charge today.

Back in October I crossed both ways, when I got home and went online to pay, it only let me pay for one crossing. Hmm, odd.

I tried a couple of days later and the trip back was available, so I paid for that too.

Only it's triggered (three months later) that the second payment was too late. I don't know what I was supposed to do - put it through as a 'future payment'? What a bloody shite system!

Anyway, the ticket is only £2.50 as it's my first "offence". I can't be bothered arguing with them, so I've sent them £2.50. By cheque. To an address in Leeds (?!).

I'm hoping that the cost of finding my details from Swansea, posting me a letter, and processing the received cheque will be greater than £2.50.

the Dart charge setup now is utterly unacceptable IMO.

Previously, it was physically impossible to make the crossing without paying.  Now it is entirely possible to cross, believe you have paid, and still end up with a debt collection tosser on your doorstep at 6am demanding over £600, as the fine for not paying on time is dealt with in the same way as the fine for speeding or similar.

I wonder how much additional revenue they have raised by issuing fines.

Wankers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Talbot said:

Previously, it was physically impossible to make the crossing without paying.  Now it is entirely possible to cross, believe you have paid, and still end up with a debt collection tosser on your doorstep at 6am demanding over £600, as the fine for not paying on time is dealt with in the same way as the fine for speeding or similar.

Wankers.

I've fallen foul of this as well. I can't remember the exact situation but I got stung for late payment because I paid too early. I think possibly one of us paid while sitting in the queue to cross to make sure we didn't forget. It didn't register as being for that specific journey so it just swallowed the payment, then issued a fine.

I think I got it cancelled but it really was the usual case of technology is always right, even when it's been developed by people who can't operate shoelaces.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

I've just been to a funeral, a chap called Graham Barrett.

I'm fucked if I know who he was because I went to the right place, at the right time but on the wrong day. It's not really good form to walk out halfway through is it? So I had to meet the family, do the old friend from school bollocks and say what a nice service it had been. Bizarrely not one single mourner mentioned my total lack of foot wear.

Back again tomorrow then...

5 minutes ago, barefoot said:

I'm fucked if I know who he was because I went to the right place, at the right time but on the wrong day. It's not really good form to walk out halfway through is it? So I had to meet the family, do the old friend from school bollocks and say what a nice service it had been. Bizarrely not one single mourner mentioned my total lack of foot wear.

That’s fucking brilliant. Sorry for your loss of course, but that made me chuckle.

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Wankers.

Try using the Humber bridge payment system….😱😱😱😱😱😱

On 29/01/2024 at 19:26, Talbot said:

If she ignores me, I'll just engage the police and claim direct from her insurer.

Guess what is happening now.....

Fucksss sakes!

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, barefoot said:

A bit like one of my colleagues who thought she was going to be joining crime scene investigation but joined the police.....

I  was alive in the 60s and was constantly entranced by the Gerry Anderson vision of the coming century (as it then was). I'm almost totally disappointed and even bitter to see what's actually happened.  Just as an example, we've been in four showrooms today looking at Motability cars, because our Suzuki dealer is in Kendal and it's a bit of a schlep, so we thought we'd see what's available in Barrow.  A load of blobs, obviously, with tiny engines making nearly 200bhp (for about three and a half years...).  One thing I specifically asked about was a CD player.  No sir, you won't get one of those now, cars are set up for streaming.

Well fuck streaming, how old am I?  15?  NO, ffs, I'm 65 (in April) I've only just got the hang of CDs and I want to play them.  Progress, hey?  

@Talbot hit her for everything she's got.  I had a very similar experience when my MR2 was murdered, except I was driving it at the time.  I now regret not just dialling 999 immediately and asking for police and ambulance, and getting her and her fella done for threatening behaviour at the very least.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, barefoot said:

That reminds me of Guy Goma...

On 31/01/2024 at 12:50, barefoot said:

I'm fucked if I know who he was because I went to the right place, at the right time but on the wrong day.

Went back again today and paid my respects properly.

If I'm honest, the food wasn't as good as yesterday...

Since Mrs Wack was ill and bedridden for weeks in 2013 we've had a bedroom TV which for the most part works fine on an indoor aerial. 

Until yesterday when she decided to get one fitted  on the roof without telling me and this is what the numbnuts did 

20240202_120032.thumb.jpg.bef90238764ecb9b4f2ccc4cdecd6f6d.jpg

20240202_120124.thumb.jpg.07fcda1eebb37f3d0d874305882174d7.jpg