The grumpy thread

outlaw118

22 hours ago, goosey said:

Hadn’t heard anything about this from my in-laws and curious to see what their imaginary proper plumber thought of my work, spoke to my FIL about 1/2 hour ago and he said they didn’t get chance to get anyone else to look at it ( surprise surprise) but the repair seems ok and anyway they can just get my wife to send me back and sort it out again if there’s any issues. Apparently I’m “the Jack of all trades but master of non” 

my in-laws do enjoy their petty torment’s 

In other words, they've had someone out who couldn't fault it but their ego prevents them from actually telling you that you did a fine job after all. 

23 hours ago, goosey said:

Hadn’t heard anything about this from my in-laws and curious to see what their imaginary proper plumber thought of my work, spoke to my FIL about 1/2 hour ago and he said they didn’t get chance to get anyone else to look at it ( surprise surprise) but the repair seems ok and anyway they can just get my wife to send me back and sort it out again if there’s any issues. Apparently I’m “the Jack of all trades but master of non” 

my in-laws do enjoy their petty torment’s 

They could GTF as you'll be round to do random DIY tasks as a favour again right after the heat death of the universe, ungrateful pricks can get in the sea.

I am on a scum newspaper* caravan holiday***. It's not going well.

With the unexpected sad demise of Aup yesterday I got no work done, so had to do it today before I set off.

Idiot sister then demands help in dragging around a sheet of ply she's got from wickes for the horse box shite. Amazingly the 5 billion voids appear to be in a bit I can chop off.

Ma's phone has decided to not allow calls to / from mobiles. ta Asda.

Woman at check in has taken great delight in saying you've not paid for passes, so no entertainment for you. Oh no, how will I survive without karaoke, warm carling and other people's bastards running around screaming?

In the rush I've done gr11 in remembering things. I have a loaf of bread. No butter, or sarnie filling of any description. We have half a bog roll for 5 days.

Bit bizarre this. 3 rows away there's a caravan full of women in full dalek dress. Eyes staring out of narrow slits outfits. It's 11:30pm, and they've decided it would be a great time to start playing the bongos. (drum kind, not a euphemism) Is it an Islamic hen do? WTF is going on?

There's a huge random cycle race tomorrow which means a 50mile chunk of the coast is no go until peloton de twats has fucked off. 

And RELAX.

On 9/4/2023 at 6:43 AM, New POD said:

I hope you made it clear that the only use you will be is to tell then they need to pay a man as you don't have the experience or qualifications and it's a very big job beyond you. 

This. ^^^
ungrateful for “emergency” type stuff or just in general jobs  means I would be unhelpful / extremely busy / unobtainable hence forward from that.. 

2 hours ago, omegod said:

I have little sympathy, you dance with the devil .........

Now I've got off site and away from bollywood greatest hits at 96db it's actually quite nice. Sun's out, diets blown etc.

Suppose any race / religion can be a chav wanker, but not something I've ever seen before.

Prelude has it's test this evening at 6:20,got a cancellation spot late last night.

So have been giving it a quick once over and wash.

Local farmer decided today would be a great day to cut the hedgerow,so the road I've to drive on in a couple of hours is now a carpet of thorns and other hedgerow debris. 

What's the betting I'll get a fucking puncture and miss the test?

20230905_162116.thumb.jpg.2b2734eee72f8173920f5fa07f74ff9b.jpg

20230905_162134.thumb.jpg.d612dbd5a7ca0233d7e56dcc82cf1898.jpg

FML🙄

On 9/4/2023 at 6:40 AM, New POD said:

Just get on the plane and remind him.about his tardiness every day for the next 10 years. 

I got him back thought I forgot to book his hotel room, so he had my premiere inn booking and as the premier inn was full I booked a room at the Haslam Hotel https://www.haslemhotel.com/ in Lisburn which was absolutely spot on 

14 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

Noise makers appear to have gone home. Left a little* mess behind. Why would you do this when there's bins 50 foot away? Need shooting. 

20230905_170828.thumb.jpg.ca2a48532db4ddf037697c8c31b78083.jpg

I hate these types. 

I hope they get blacklisted but know that they won’t. 

75% of the parcels we get sent to us via Evri end up with a "We weren't able to locate your address". One old boy does a bit of driving for them one or two days a week and he's great, but the rest of the time our route seems to get the worst of their "talent pool"

It's a business premises, with a massive fucking great sign on the front of the building. About 15-25 other couriers and customers manage to find us every day. But these useless shower of bastards just don't even bother looking. The postcode is newish so you have to drive about 25 meters past where old maps say the turning is to get to us.

I actively avoid buying anything from any company that specifies they use Evri, but I forgot about Autodoc..

Evri (or some agent of theirs) actually cold called us a few weeks ago to try and get our business, and the woman actually had a pretty good sense of humour when I said that what we want from a courier company is literally the exact opposite of what they are, and that I would rather boot the parcels around the carpark myself and then throw them over some random fence than pay them £4 a shot to do it for me.

3 hours ago, junkyarddog said:

Prelude has it's test this evening at 6:20,got a cancellation spot late last night.

So have been giving it a quick once over and wash.

Local farmer decided today would be a great day to cut the hedgerow,so the road I've to drive on in a couple of hours is now a carpet of thorns and other hedgerow debris. 

What's the betting I'll get a fucking puncture and miss the test?

20230905_162116.thumb.jpg.2b2734eee72f8173920f5fa07f74ff9b.jpg

20230905_162134.thumb.jpg.d612dbd5a7ca0233d7e56dcc82cf1898.jpg

FML🙄

After all that it failed🙄

Not by much though,still a pain.

Annoyed with myself that I hadn't spotted this.

IMG-20230905-WA0025.thumb.jpeg.eb1388f0c62158abf09954f2f4ad9d4b.jpeg

IMG-20230905-WA0023.thumb.jpeg.917cd949836bf71088e709f06ef485a8.jpeg

Two stretchy CV boots to be added to my shopping list.

Have a trip to the factors in the morning to pick up some Jetta parts.

58 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Why the hell have Amazon suddenly decided that 2200 is a reasonable time to deliver a package?

Feel bloody sorry for the poor sods stuck doing runs at that time of the night.  Especially in dodgy areas.  It's a bad enough job at the best of times.

Yes, they keep pestering me to switch to a business account, but whenever I’ve had stuff sent to work it takes an extra three or four days as they try and schedule for 8pm or later.

2 hours ago, junkyarddog said:

After all that it failed🙄

Not by much though,still a pain.

Annoyed with myself that I hadn't spotted this.

IMG-20230905-WA0025.thumb.jpeg.eb1388f0c62158abf09954f2f4ad9d4b.jpeg

IMG-20230905-WA0023.thumb.jpeg.917cd949836bf71088e709f06ef485a8.jpeg

Two stretchy CV boots to be added to my shopping list.

Have a trip to the factors in the morning to pick up some Jetta parts.

Not the Overture you wanted...

11 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Why the hell have Amazon suddenly decided that 2200 is a reasonable time to deliver a package?

Feel bloody sorry for the poor sods stuck doing runs at that time of the night.  Especially in dodgy areas.  It's a bad enough job at the best of times.

Up to 10pm has been mentioned on my delivery information for at least a year now. I imagine some drivers do it after the kids have got home from school so it suits them.

Ours just leave it in the porch, we leave the outer door unlocked if we're expecting a delivery.