The grumpy thread

outlaw118

The Rover Asbo has been cloned!!!

IMG_20191214_220526_LI.thumb.jpg.0799cbaff73096ecc46df9a6b4dbf243.jpg

Got this pcn through the post yesterday saying I was in a shopping centre in Walsall a week last Thursday lunchtime and didn't pay for parking. 

FYI, I live and work in North Norfolk, about 150 miles away from there and was at work all day.

I've now sent an appeal through with pics of my car, pointing out the differences with the car in the pcn, most notably mine doesn't have a sunroof, which I'm hoping with that and a few other things will be enough evidence for them to chuck it away.

Now got to contact the rozzers and doovla to tell them I've been cloned. 

Asshats!!!!

Criminals really are fucking thick, if they'd just paid the couple of quid for parking no one would know.

1 hour ago, twosmoke300 said:

I’ve got the tools for timing chain replacements on those ? , for when you need them 

My cousin has done a few so I will let him crack on with it if it needs doing.  

Question - the car has run flats, and much of the inter web is saying “ZOMG if you don’t fit premium run flats as specified by the maker you will DIE in a fiery accident and it will be YOUR FAULT etc”. As far as I can tell the rims aren’t any different are they?  So if I used normal tyres and carried some tyre foam, the car isn’t suddenly going to fall apart like a clown car or explode is it?

Fell over, left arm seriously hurted in the shoulder/elbow area.  It hurts, a lot. It is actually unusable so I have taken a load of drugs and shall attempt to carry on with my 'busy' life. Interesting point of order: it is next to impossible to pick up dog poo one handed (with baggie of course) and today has to be the day Chester decides is a 'three bag day'! The fat useless twat.

1 hour ago, xtriple said:

Fell over, left arm seriously hurted in the shoulder/elbow area.  It hurts, a lot. It is actually unusable so I have taken a load of drugs and shall attempt to carry on with my 'busy' life. 

Funny because I once did exactly the same but I took all the drugs BEFORE it happened. 

7 hours ago, Parky said:

My cousin has done a few so I will let him crack on with it if it needs doing.  

Question - the car has run flats, and much of the inter web is saying “ZOMG if you don’t fit premium run flats as specified by the maker you will DIE in a fiery accident and it will be YOUR FAULT etc”. As far as I can tell the rims aren’t any different are they?  So if I used normal tyres and carried some tyre foam, the car isn’t suddenly going to fall apart like a clown car or explode is it?

Fuck the Internet. Get rid of the run flats. You will notice an improvement in ride quality, or so I'm led to believe ?

9 hours ago, barmatt said:

Got this pcn through the post yesterday saying I was in a shopping centre in Walsall a week last Thursday lunchtime and didn't pay for parking. 

FYI, I live and work in North Norfolk, about 150 miles away from there and was at work all day.

I've now sent an appeal through with pics of my car, pointing out the differences with the car in the pcn, most notably mine doesn't have a sunroof, which I'm hoping with that and a few other things will be enough evidence for them to chuck it away.

Asshats!!!!

Criminals really are fucking thick, if they'd just paid the couple of quid for parking no one would know.

Fuck me, who is cloning a W reg Rover?!?!

(no offence, i love them, just not first on the list of cars to clone)

2 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Yeah it’s just a bit bizarre given how odd / rare they are these days. Hope you get it sorted. 

Cheers, It is a bit weird, at first I thought it was just a scam and was going to bin it until I looked up the company and they're all legit. 

I've had a reply from the Rozzers saying they've put a marker on it now so if it passes any anpr it's gonna get flagged up and pulled over, obviously that includes me too but hey ho.

1 hour ago, iainrcz said:

Quality parking.
Thanks.0e25d4748bf9d4537dd7617e18b1cffa.jpg

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I was 'watching' Peppa Pig today and I heard a BANG, looked out the window and the Mazda suddenly rolled down the drive straight into the Porsche. 

I'd put it in gear when I'd put it back on the drive and the sound was it popping out. 

The handbrake was on too but not enough to hold the car it seems as it rolled about 4ft down the drive with a THUD. 

Thankfully (and surprisingly) there was no noticeable damage to either car. 

Looked a bit like this. 

4 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

I was 'watching' Peppa Pig today and I heard a BANG, looked out the window and the Mazda suddenly rolled down the drive straight into the Porsche. 

I'd put it in gear when I'd put it back on the drive and the sound was it popping out. 

The handbrake was on too but not enough to hold the car it seems as it rolled about 4ft down the drive with a THUD. 

Thankfully (and surprisingly) there was no noticeable damage to either car. 

Looked a bit like this. 

Luckily mine seems fine. All the shut lines look straight, everything looks to line up at least as well as it did before.

I refrained from shouting.

No doubt I'll discover it's smashed to shit when I can be arsed to wash it.

Now the wife knows why I hate parking at the side of the road. Could have been worse, it could have been smashed to fuck and the woman fucked off.

Rovers are cheap and plenty of unroadworthy ones about. Buy one that is destined for a scrapyard, find a equivalent model that is all legal and get show plates made to match that equivalent car. I guess because Rovers are getting rare, chances of getting cloned increases. 

28 minutes ago, SiC said:

Rovers are cheap and plenty of unroadworthy ones about. Buy one that is destined for a scrapyard, find a equivalent model that is all legal and get show plates made to match that equivalent car. I guess because Rovers are getting rare, chances of getting cloned increases. 

I'm tempted to change the reg to whatever is the cheapest private plate you can get so it doesn't show up on google like this one does.

I'd guess that's where they got it from as I haven't been near the West Mids for years.

53 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Hitting one of your own cars with another is the biggest motoring own goal there is, isn’t it?? 

Obviously more so if you’re actually driving one of them at the time 

Mrs Yoss reversed the Felicia into the Favorit with some force a couple of years ago. Pushed the Fav back at least a foot and made quite a noise (I was sat indoors and thought WTF and rushed outside). 

Strangely there was no damage to either car. Just glad it wasn't the other way round as Fav has a towbar! 

11 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Mrs Yoss reversed the Felicia into the Favorit with some force a couple of years ago. Pushed the Fav back at least a foot and made quite a noise (I was sat indoors and thought WTF and rushed outside). 

Strangely there was no damage to either car. Just glad it wasn't the other way round as Fav has a towbar! 

or with the Routemaster!

(did Mrs Yoss ever drive it? :) )

1 hour ago, barmatt said:

I'm tempted to change the reg to whatever is the cheapest private plate you can get so it doesn't show up on google like this one does.

I'd guess that's where they got it from as I haven't been near the West Mids for years.

I think you can request a new plate of the same age from the DVLA in these kind of situations.

19 hours ago, barmatt said:

Asshats!!!!

There was a retired doctor in Devon, who had a Porsche which had the same reg as one invloved in a series of armed robberies in Hereford and Worcester. 

After 2 police raids on his house in the early hours of the morning, West Marcos Police, we're forced to pay some compensation. Out of court settlement. 

His solicitor suggested that, actually doing some due diliegence, before smashing his door down the first time was bad enough.  But the second raid was fucking stupid. 

I once drove my old Volvo 244 into my driveway but left it a touch too late to turn in and ended up hitting the metal gatepost with the corner of the girder those cars use as bumpers.

I got out to check, hmm, gatepost looks bent to fuck. No damage at all to the Volvo other than a slight scuff mark to the rubber pad on the bumper. Volvo - 1 *** gatepost - 0