What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

3 hours ago, robinmasters said:

08_27.thumb.jpg.57e035afb79907de11a87d25c8ff0dd3.jpg

image-from-ios_7.thumb.jpg.d2f730778fe8ae67c2dde063338d6ee3.jpg

Is that fancy-pants thing really supposed to be a Land Rover? This is what a proper Land Rover looks like:

PPH482E.thumb.jpg.6d0bd8262efd096f199e79316d816fb5.jpg

There was an abundance of delightfully scruffy Landies at today's show for some reason. Much better than shiny restored showpieces.

Went to the fireworks in London last night... 10/10 event and tickets were only a tenner each. Organised very well, only minor additional queueing to get the train home. Think the biggest football game you've ever been to... on steroids.

We arrived late and somehow accidentally bagged an excellent place to sit. There were millions of boats all queued up to watch behind us:

IMG_20191231_235526564.thumb.jpg.b5c99b2fa349bbf44dc071467a5f5ab7.jpg

Unsurprisingly though most other attendees were mainly interested in recording the event.

IMG_20200101_000038128.thumb.jpg.86df48ac59e6d4de142316f5fc6e26fe.jpg

Although at least one of the dilapidated S1s had new glass all round and a completely waxed "patinated" chassis  to complement its oxidising aluminium and barn find interior. Looking that scruffy wouldn't come cheap!

Are you planning a Stony thread? Because even I managed to take a few half arsed pics, never seen it so busy. I'll put my random smudges here if you're not doing one.

15 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

Went to the fireworks in London last night... 10/10 event and tickets were only a tenner each. Organised very well, only minor additional queueing to get the train home. Think the biggest football game you've ever been to... on steroids.

We arrived late and somehow accidentally bagged an excellent place to sit. There were millions of boats all queued up to watch behind us:

IMG_20191231_235526564.thumb.jpg.b5c99b2fa349bbf44dc071467a5f5ab7.jpg

Unsurprisingly though most other attendees were mainly interested in recording the event.

IMG_20200101_000038128.thumb.jpg.86df48ac59e6d4de142316f5fc6e26fe.jpg

Isn't it ridiculous , rather than experiences they save footage for facebook or watch it later on a phone screen

33 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Although at least one of the dilapidated S1s had new glass all round and a completely waxed "patinated" chassis  to complement its oxidising aluminium and barn find interior. Looking that scruffy wouldn't come cheap!

Are you planning a Stony thread? Because even I managed to take a few half arsed pics, never seen it so busy. I'll put my random smudges here if you're not doing one.

I am intending to do a Stony thread but it might take a day or two to sort the photos so please go ahead if you want to share some. It really was heaving with people and cars absolutely everywhere - early in the morning there seemed to be a lot of cars but fewer people, then at about 10am the entire population of MK seemed to wake up and descend on the show!

Years ago I used to feel obliged to  go to pubs and new years eve parties etc etc. Now I'm older I don't even have to make excuses. This was my party, in a talbot in a field in the middle of nowhere.

860307858_2019-12-3021_25_47.thumb.jpg.4a8e2bfde4fa18ed052d91783905abbc.jpg

I kind of wanted to stay up and watch some fireworks off a hill or something, but I fell asleep at about 10:30. I think I outlasted the mrs and both dogs by at least two episodes of Bottom.

1 minute ago, MikeR said:

we have just given the wife some CBD oil for a bad neck

she is now floating around the house and the place is in turmoil , and SIL is staying over again ....

it has been OTT tonight here

The goose was cooked mate. 

4 hours ago, cobblers said:

Years ago I used to feel obliged to  go to pubs and new years eve parties etc etc. Now I'm older I don't even have to make excuses. This was my party, in a talbot in a field in the middle of nowhere.

I kind of wanted to stay up and watch some fireworks off a hill or something, but I fell asleep at about 10:30. I think I outlasted the mrs and both dogs by at least two episodes of Bottom.

‘Yes, it’s the gas man’

9 hours ago, cobblers said:

Gasman!

I fell asleep at 10 on the settee. I woke at 1.30 and went to bed. Point Break was on bbc so I watched all of that. Keanu Reeves was slightly wooden.

7 hours ago, Wack said:

Just watching The Eagle Has Landed on iplayer

Donald Sutherland is riding a Royal Enfield  125 which is still about despite him just throwing it into a sand dune

[VehicleSmart DVLA details]

This is how to enjoy a movie, AS style.

Anyone still wondering whether Autoshite is a way of life? 

The news always has an unintentionally funny item

image.png.feb144aca4ff3771d65b940e4bdb2ded.png

Sacked vegan brings landmark discrimination case https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50969168

Mr Vegan says " Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing. "

The Hunt Saboteurs say " dismissed for gross misconduct. "

He had some sort of issue with their pension fund and started whistleblowing , told management about it then set about pissing on everybody elses chips when the managers continued to ignore him.

Julian Assange should use being vegan as a defense.

This was the best bit for me

Mr Casamitjana describes himself as an "ethical" vegan and campaigns to get his message to others.

His beliefs affect much of his everyday life. He will, for instance, walk rather than take a bus to avoid accidental crashes with insects or birds.

Wait until he finds out that wind farms kill birdlife and can no longer use anything electrically powered or manufactured using electricity.