Strange girl-car dilemma

face

We need pics of the bird obviously;

The missus often makes fun of my Volvo/DAF 360, remarking on what didn't go wrong with it that week.

My view is that partners of Autoshiteists do not care a fig about whatever ancient conveyance their partners choose to tool around in, as long as they or their offspring never have to set foot in it.

( The second my VolvoDaf 360 breaks down on me I have orders to buy a Subaru Forester. This has now become a challenge. )

I had the chance last year to buy one extremely cheaply (about half what it was worth) and it was in graphite grey with white "Viper" stripes.

Even came with a hardtop.I kinda like them and was really quite tempted.

But just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Ive happily driven cars that are so shit that most people would be embarrased like a turquoise Rover 100 Kensington with fibre grass arches (some of the filler fell on the floor while I was bodging the arches in the dark) but I couldn't imagine driving a StreetKa.

On a similar note, I lolled enormously when I spotted my 6ft 4'' mate driving his wife's bright red Tigra :mrgreen:

I had the chance last year to buy one extremely cheaply (about half what it was worth) and it was in graphite grey with white "Viper" stripes.

Even came with a hardtop.I kinda like them and was really quite tempted.

But just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Ive happily driven cars that are so shit that most people would be embarrased like a turquoise Rover 100 Kensington with fibre grass arches (some of the filler fell on the floor while I was bodging the arches in the dark) but I couldn't imagine driving a StreetKa.

On a similar note, I lolled enormously when I spotted my 6ft 4'' mate driving his wife's bright red Tigra :mrgreen:

I feel much the same way about BINIs. I've applied to win one in a competition. I need the money.

The roll hoop behind the seats on the streetka are just the ticket for your laydee friend to grab onto when, well, you know the rest... :wink:

* Disclaimer - I have never owned or driven a streetka, but did once used to go out with a girl who worked for Ford who did.

I suspect the streetka may well prove to be a wee classic in a few years time. I had an old Ka as a breakdown replacement last year (the new one looks horrible) and what a cracking wee motor it was - big car feel in a wee package, nippy and with a willing engine that sipped petrol

I've never driven a streetka before but I'm all for simple cheap comvertibles and having owned some seriopus gas guzzlers in the last couple of years I dream of decent MPGs

gay - yes but in a few years time could be a winner