The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just now, andy18s said:

Arse,had to choose between a myopic hgv driver who wasn't going to move over,or a decent size collection of potholes

If that pothole hasn't been reported to the local authority, you should stand a good chance with a claim. If it's safe, measure the width and depth of that crater to back your claim up.

7 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

If that pothole hasn't been reported to the local authority, you should stand a good chance with a claim. If it's safe, measure the width and depth of that crater to back your claim up.

Unfortunately is doesn't work like that here in Bulgaria.

You hit the hole,it's your fault,end of story.

The roads have improved a lot over the last few years,but got caught out on a strange road.

Christ on a bike, travel insurance has got expensive.  Last time we went to the US in 2018 it was ~£300 for the four of us.  This trip: Just over a bloody grand!  Not like it's something you can just chose not to have and the providers have a captive audience...so just a case of grimacing and dealing with it.  

Definitely more ammunition for me saying I'll just stay home next time I think!

Woke up today at 6 to a terrified and wet cat that ran into my bed and hid under my duvet as the F... feral cat had attacked her again. A little later, I drove up to the post office, which is in a grocery store, to pick up the relay for the Merc and do a week's worth of shopping, but the checkout system was down and they had to close, so it was a 40 km round trip wasted. Hope the rest of the day goes better.

15 hours ago, High Jetter said:

In that case, arse indeed.

Yep,80lev (£35ish) for a good partworn as the Subaru "demands" all 4 tyres have the same amount of wear,and It's not getting all 4 just yet.

It is possible to buy Tyre Insurance here for this sort of thing.I'll have to look into it before buying any more.

One of those days today.

Went for my flu / covid jab which was fine, 10 mins wait because they have a sensible system. (Name? DOB? Medical Q's? Stick! Next.) Took Ma for hers (at a different vets) and they are the most clueless incompetent arseholes ever. 1 hour wait, 'cos their system is queue round the building, check in at the desk, and then have 2 peeps sticking, who come out and shout "Gerald Oldbastard". Yes, pretending it's a normal doctor's appointment and you will be seen in appointment time order. Add in it's a load of old farts who can't hear or fight their way instantly thru the crowd and, well, it just doesn't work.

Came home, got an actimel out of the fridge, and instantly noticed it's room temperature. Ma, how long has the fridge been fucked? Ma thinks it's working fine 'cos the light comes on. Of course it's actually impossible to go and buy a fridge anywhere now. Got one coming sometime tomorrow for £30 delivery charge.

Phoned the Mrs, and it's scream scream scream as once again she's put medication somewhere safe*. Doesn't want me to go and find it. Doesn't want me to take spare script she has to a chemist for another lot. Does want to shout a lot about she'll go blind instead.

Annnnnd RELAX! 

23 hours ago, andy18s said:

Unfortunately is doesn't work like that here in Bulgaria.

You hit the hole,it's your fault,end of story.

The roads have improved a lot over the last few years,but got caught out on a strange road.

They build concrete access ramps which stick out a good 3 feet into the roadway, and may be hidden by the shadow of a tree at speed.

This can cause propulsion through the air and severe shoulder damage.

Ask me how I know.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:23 PM, artdjones said:

They block the Complan shelf as well.

This is true, but in their defence, I know from personal experience that many are buying for cancer suffering relatives who find it the only nutrient, and beseech  for 'one that tastes different'.

They can all taste the same it seems.

On 01/10/2022 at 01:21, Zelandeth said:

Christ on a bike, travel insurance has got expensive.  Last time we went to the US in 2018 it was ~£300 for the four of us.  This trip: Just over a bloody grand!  Not like it's something you can just chose not to have and the providers have a captive audience...so just a case of grimacing and dealing with it.  

Definitely more ammunition for me saying I'll just stay home next time I think!

I looked at the price of cover last year to go overseas   , it was all tears once I ticked the I have had cancer box ....  saves me looking at hols and then trying to get cover !

medical fucking sucks

had thing that was so low shoulda been unconcious/ill/worse

so got treated for that and went back to better so got paroled

while treatment happened they again pointed out had thing that was low but not as low as previous

but they said have you been taking your pills - yes took those all gone

what about the others?

what others? when i was discharged you only gave me one lot

if id been taking those woud i be having this issue now

probably not

yeah great thanks for that

im also not gonna be paying 20 quid for their script when i can buy them at boots for 4 quid (where im going in a bit)

fucks sake (and you wonder why i went away for a week)

Parcelfarce can get in the sea. I know they were on strike last week (or at least impacted?)  but it's been over a week and I've still not received my timing belt kit for the Cav.  48 hour delivery my hole.  Knowing my luck it'll be lost.

My neighbours R36 VW Passat came back from the body shop today after some paint correction and looks absolutely stunning,

just a shame he won’t be able to drive it, as he got arrested for drink driving this afternoon so will probably loose his license

the stupid prick

2 minutes ago, goosey said:

My neighbours R36 VW Passat came back from the body shop today after some paint correction and looks absolutely stunning,

just a shame he won’t be able to drive it, as he got arrested for drink driving this afternoon so will probably loose his license

the stupid prick

Too soon for you to make a cheeky offer?

2 hours ago, goosey said:

the stupid prick

Sounds deserved.

====================================================================
Old twat from t'country reaches civilisation (well - Milton Keynes) rant/grump/observation
====================================================================

OK so here I am in Milton Keynes, 1960's roundabout city - pedestrians/cyclists split from cars/lorries by means of  thousands of roundabouts. I'm flying solo in t'missus's Bini which is no slouch but I cannot seem to get onto the poxy roundabouts as the traffic on the main drag coming across seems to be doing Mach 1 around the things.

This makes pulling out a. bad. idea.

Then I wonders/rages/rants - bloody DSC/stability/yaw control (choose your weapon). All these fuckin' huge SUV modern type cars (not many of those  down my way - roundabouts neither) are getting slung around the island at 40 mph + with no observable body roll - so:
the ABS is pulling the car back off the roll?
Are these cars able to corner like this because the  ECU/ABS is wasting pad material/fuel/the planet ?
No sign of under/over steer - same question?
Maybe they all crash when it rains?
Maybe it's just modern suspension and tyres?
Maybe they can all drive like Nikki Lauda?

Or am I just an old b'stard who should shut up and feck off back to The Boonies?

I just saw Retropower graffiti over a mint condition Allegro for one of the videos, idiots. I remember seeing that car on Car And Classic, it was in mint condition and had been dry stored since the early 80's. I really dislike Retropower and what they do to mint condition cars, doing all these naff modifications and ruining them in my eyes. I hold more of a preservation stand point when it comes to classics, I just don't like the whole Retromod scene in general, finding rare stuff and chopping them up and modifying them to todays car mod trends, only for them to look naff a decade later (the Pimp My Ride effect I like to call). If you want modern performance, get a modern car, it's that simple yet people don't get it. Don't waste your time ruining something that's rare for Instagram likes.

Apparently they're building two Allegros, it just seems as if they're following the Top Gear crowd by saying their bad and now their "improving" them with these awful mods. Fucking hell.