The grumpy thread

outlaw118

10 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

Contact the press or put it on whatever social media the council uses. They’re all “seen to be green” and don’t like to be shown up for being environmentally irresponsible .

They love to be be green, they built a pretty sizeable wind turbine at the end of the carpark. Worked great for about a year until the big warehouse on the adjoining plot was complete,  which blocks all the wind. 

Rather than sell it or move it, it's just been stood there useless since 2006.

12 minutes ago, cobblers said:

They love to be be green, they built a pretty sizeable wind turbine at the end of the carpark. Worked great for about a year until the big warehouse on the adjoining plot was complete,  which blocks all the wind. 

Rather than sell it or move it, it's just been stood there useless since 2006.

That's either a very low turbine or a mahoosive warehouse! Someone in planning cocked up there.

32 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Insert sexist comment here

Women? 🤣

Often, but not always.  The difference also is that in many cases the women are more willing to listen if I try to gently explain.  If it's a man who doesn't understand, he'll almost stick two fingers in his ears walking off shouting "LAA LAA LAA LAA".  While simultaneously expecting the central heating to work more if it's turned up to 30c and complaining that it's too warm and opening up windows.

3 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

the shops have already started selling Christmas decorations.

Shops here have been selling Christmas decorations since the end of August...

I forgot to post my regular annual Supermarket rant about festive goods this year, but looking back through my phone I can confirm that Sainsburys was already stocking seasonal foodstuffs on 16th September.

1793675457_IMG_20220916_1920182.thumb.jpg.f993d61ffa062d3351a7d9e712440a80.jpg

With a best-before date of 6th October on their mince pies.

292647264_IMG_20220916_1920402.thumb.jpg.a71b69b10b2a4bd2d94322702eab10e0.jpg

FFS.

(I know. I know. It's me.)

8 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I had to take a trip to the nearest town (Arendal) today and towns and cities are as terrible as ever. And the shops have already started selling Christmas decorations.

20221010_101353.thumb.jpg.5bf13dcfe0b53c98c2538dd40998646a.jpg

Started to sell Turrón here in Spain too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turrón

Bollocks to Christmas.

image.thumb.png.8a91bf34811da9c30a05670ce06d1225.png

4 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Started to sell Turrón here in Spain too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turrón

Bollocks to Christmas.

image.thumb.png.8a91bf34811da9c30a05670ce06d1225.png

I can't understand why to start so early but I guess it's money as always. But I can't stop thinking about how much trash and food that has to be thrown away this creates.

Green bin day tomorrow. Fuckin huge hedge needs trimming again on top as a) current workshy next door never does any trimming and b) bastard hedge is 5 foot thick due to 20 years of renting to workshy cunts.

A bit back I bought a 5 in 1 petrol chopping thing from aldi as long reach, so will be easy* to chop all 5 foot thick hedge. Sadly it's a bit shit, so I'm doing the rev it to max and wave about hopefully thing while overstretching.

No, I didn't fall off the steps. Got too close to the exhaust, burned a hole in my jumper and singed my left boob. 

which is why ive ran away from xmas the last five years

just cant be arsed

had medical and had issues with it which stopped when part of it disappeared

but went back into work and something someone said triggered it (not on purpose)

just watched prog on tv and what he was doing set it off again

mental and emotional

fuck sake

i want to give up now :(

14 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

Green bin day tomorrow. Fuckin huge hedge needs trimming again on top as a) current workshy next door never does any trimming and b) bastard hedge is 5 foot thick due to 20 years of renting to workshy cunts.

A bit back I bought a 5 in 1 petrol chopping thing from aldi as long reach, so will be easy* to chop all 5 foot thick hedge. Sadly it's a bit shit, so I'm doing the rev it to max and wave about hopefully thing while overstretching.

No, I didn't fall off the steps. Got too close to the exhaust, burned a hole in my jumper and singed my left boob. 

Might need to go into brown bin? Green round here is recyclicling.

31 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Might need to go into brown bin? Green round here is recyclicling.

Green is garden waste, blue cardboard, brown glass / metal  & black landfill round here. 

I get well confused every time I go to Whitby where it's blue for recycling, green for landfill. Just wrong!

Just now, Yoss said:

We're blue for recycling, brown for garden waste and green for general which is different again from all the above. This is fun. 

Green/grey for general waste, was blue for paper/cardboard (now a trolley thing, more on that in a second), and brown for garden waste. We went from blue wheelies for paper etc and a black tub for cans and plastic to a recycling caddy/trolley that was a pointless exercise since it has nearly no space. They like to disappear in storms too.

Recyling-Trolley-New.jpg

57 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Green/grey for general waste, was blue for paper/cardboard (now a trolley thing, more on that in a second), and brown for garden waste. We went from blue wheelies for paper etc and a black tub for cans and plastic to a recycling caddy/trolley that was a pointless exercise since it has nearly no space. They like to disappear in storms too.

Recyling-Trolley-New.jpg

The Scottish government decided we had to put our food waste out to be collected ( because apparently having a bin for food waste stops you putting food in the bin. Just make soup  FFS!), so the council not having an infinite fleet of lorries , stopped the garden waste collection.

So I have to drive to the tip every week to get rid of the garden waste ( I have 4 compost bins, that’s just the excess)., which really doesn’t do much for the environment. Also it means the council buys in compost for their own use rather than make it. Bonkers!

That doesn't make any sense.

Here, a brown wheelie bin is used for food waste, garden waste and cardboard, which is then collected fortnightly.

The council use it to make compost for parks etc, but a few times a year they bag it up and residents can pick up a few bags for free from the council depot.

Black bin for landfill waste, and a separate kerb collection by a charity group (Bryson House) for glass/ paper/ plastic/ metal recyclables.

11 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Bollocks to Christmas.

I love xmas. We give up drinking each year from September to xmas, which as anyone knows, officially begins on the 1st of December.

(...then we stop again Jan - May. We only really drink over the summer/festival months, but by God, do we make up for lost time!)

My Green bin is mixed recycling, brown is garden (don't have one of those though) and black general rubbish. 

My mum over the border near MK has green with a blue lid as general waste, dad in South Holland/lincs has bags by the kerb still

My gran in Pboro has green as general waste or something

I ask what bin is what every time I need to use one  Same at the FoD, I see some signs went up recently as all the black bags look the same when your aiming a can at them from a chair 😂

22 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Contact the press or put it on whatever social media the council uses. They’re all “seen to be green” and don’t like to be shown up for being environmentally irresponsible .

Contact your local Councillor.

My mate was one for years and would have loved to pick such as that up.

Dozy hole next door is screeching, when I hear amongst the usual fucks and cunts her shout "You don't fucking start fires in the house! Cunt!".

Great! Perhaps you shouldn't a) leave lighters around and b) supervise what your kids are doing?

One of the kids is exactly like Beavis so not unexpected that he'll start fires if you leave fire about. Previous experiments* have included what happens if you nerf gun the dog in the head from point blank range, and can my brother breathe underwater if I hold him under long enough?