The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm not sure who coined the phrase "there's nothing as affectionate as a wet dog" but imagine that multiplied by four. I love them, but they're annoying me at the moment. It's not their fault, god knows why they're pleased to see me and want to be with me, but I've not had a good day and wouldn't mind five minutes peace. Never, ever, have four dogs, you just feel guilty all the time.

While typing this with one finger, they have settled a bit, only one wet dog on this sofa, he is grunting happily as I rub his belly with my other hand. The other three are watching waiting for their turns.

20200218_183918.jpg

5 hours ago, Marsh said:

Grrrrrr.........if you want to be vegetarian/vegan fine it is your choice. If I want to eat meat it is my choice. Stop fuckin trying to dictate. 

Deep breaths.......

How would a company get on if they said they would only reimburse expenses for meals containing meat? You can only imagine the outrage from vegetarians and vegans, and the vilification of the company across social media

It's a mad World

From what I can tell nobody at tree hugger.org or whatever it was called is upset about it.
Frankly I'd be quite pleased to get lunch on expenses even if it didn't have meat in ?

Meanwhile we've had something to make us grumpy.

IMG_20200218_135557559_HDR.thumb.jpg.bdbff16acc9847779f9c9a90d4713654.jpg

That's our 15 plate minibus.  It was sat in 6" of water.  By the time we'd fetched the keys the water was over the dash and 2' deep inside our warehouse.  Fortunately the customers are being quite reasonable about all their stuff getting destroyed ?

"You're through to the parts department how can I help?"

"Hi, I need to get 4 subframe bolts and captive nuts for a Corsa C please"

"Okay, Vauxhall sell them in packs of five so you'll have to by five"

"Riiiight... Okay fine - how soon can you get them?"

"Oh we're past the cut off point for the weekend now so won't be til Monday"

"Brilliant "

"The total for your order is £39.50"

For four sodding bolts. Or rather five and one that I don't bloody need. Grrrrrr.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Arse.
158360C7-D29D-469A-B0F2-D3A576D3E3B2.thumb.jpeg.d1ae0d650cce65905f6213bb5236a775.jpeg

Added that the same side rear tyre goes flat, the other rear has 2mm tread left and the spare is the original from 2002 with some nice cracks in it, that’s the best part of 200 quid I need to spend immediately as opposed to getting some cheap rubber mail order and having it fitted as and when.

Oh. And a question to the complete and utter piece of bumwad driving the Merc GLA through the bit of flooded road I was broken down in. Would you like me to create a bow wave with my car showering you with muddy water and shout out “Un-fucking-lucky” while you were stuck at the roadside your conked out motor.

No. No you wouldn’t. Your card is marked sir, and quite frankly you deserve a huge phallus drawn on your car’s bonnet and tailgate with brake fluid or etched in with a stanley blade you complete and utter goat felcher.

Rare grumpy day here at FL towers, all got a bit much..

Driving back from being in Devon yesterday in horrendous rain, wipers on full chat and not really clearing the spray, stop at services and realise missed calls and loads of messages about my Dad going back into hospital by ambulance, 4th time this year..

Tried to press on and get home, when I did get home I could do nothing than collapse into bed, later WhatsApp group messages say the consultant he is under happened to be there and he confirmed it is most likely cancer that is causing his problems but they haven't found it, went to see him last night and whilst looked ok ish he was really tired so only stayed 5 mins.. This morning the WhatsApp group messages hes had a scan and looks like a blocked stent is causing his problem, so might not be cancer..

In the meantime I've got my own health issues due and have to be on regular meds, was running low on meds so contacted the Consultants secretary and left a message asking for a repeat prescription, you can never speak to anyone, due to an 80% reduction in secretaries at the hospital, consultant wrote to gp asking them to prescribe, proper post as always, gp wrote back saying drug is on a list that they cannot prescribe as restricted, consultant writes back saying it's a simple med, please provide evidence you cannot prescribe, all by post... in the meantime I've got 10 days without meds and no sign of getting any, been to PALS this morning and had a moan to them about it..

Took today off work to have an eye test, forgot to get voucher off the fridge before I went to see PALS so nipped back home to pick it up off the fridge, not there, turned house upside down, no sign of it, Mrs FL delivering counselling sessions so won't answer phone so I cant ask her, went to the opticians anyway with the thought of just paying, would be £39, for a bloody eye test, bugger that, I remember when charges were brought in and it was going to be £3-6!!

Someone close is being bullied at work and despite 15 yrs of union experience seems little in can do to help, they are thinking of chucking a promising career down the drain because of this twat..

All in all feeling pretty shit, having a coffee as I've paid for parking having a blub to myself...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Tried to get 3 garages to take the Saab in for a service and sort a sensor out this afternoon and they're all "too busy". I've went off the guy I usually use as he diagnosed OMGHGF on my sisters car a few months back when it was a hose needing replacing, quoting £££££££££££.  Least he was regularly available though ? I miss having somewhere local I can just pop in and leave the car to get sorted. 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:29 PM, abelw44 said:

"You're through to the parts department how can I help?"

"Hi, I need to get 4 subframe bolts and captive nuts for a Corsa C please"

"Okay, Vauxhall sell them in packs of five so you'll have to by five"

"Riiiight... Okay fine - how soon can you get them?"

"Oh we're past the cut off point for the weekend now so won't be til Monday"

"Brilliant emoji849.png"

"The total for your order is £39.50"

For four sodding bolts. Or rather five and one that I don't bloody need. Grrrrrr.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

The nuts are £4 plus post for a set of 4 on eBay p/n90468617

Bolts are £3.10 each,but could probably be matched at an engineer's merchants.

Went on the train to buy a car from Peterborough today, when I got there I realised I'd been fucked over and there was no car and my deposit had been stolen, so I'm £420 down all in as I had to buy a train ticket to get me home (£140!) And then to top it off they cancelled the last fucking train and I had to get the wife to come and get me from 70 miles away.

No more collection missions for me, this place lulled me into a false sense of security and I left my brain at home.

Which also means now I cannot afford to sell my car to Loserone, who has been very gracious about it ?

But all told a shit day, 13 hours travelling for fuck all, and it was unpaid leave too so I'm also another ton down on the day, FFS, thankfully I've a cupboard full of bourbon. 

13 minutes ago, Nyphur said:

Can we find the fucker? How was the deposit sent?

Nope, I'm sure I'm not the first, advert looked legit, car was priced right, seller (seemingly) had other cars for sale, I never ever send deposits to persons unknown but it was quite a rare spec of car which there were only a couple for sale (nothing exciting just a car for work, petrol/auto/estate with towbar) so I was keen to hold it, got off the train to be met with radio silence then the alarm bells started to ring, shit happens, its not the end of the world and just annoying as the extra work I'd been doing for the last couple of weeks has been for nothing, on the upside I picked up a couple of jobs whilst trawling FB on the train so I should be able to earn the cash back soon enough.

On 1/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, MarvinsMom said:

so having been offered this job in leeds, which i don't really want cos its along way to leeds to drive everyday and its very much outta my safty zone, been a job like nothing i have ever been offered before,

and failing to pass go on becoming a trainee bus driver,

i now get offered a place on a training course for learning to drive a forklift truck, though i dunno which sort cos the ad thing in the Jobcentre didn't say.

i have said for a number of years now that i need to get out of doing what  have been doing for a living, and got away and do something closer to home and less stressful.

and now i have, maybe got the chance to ACTUALLY do that, dare i take it?

will be a counterbalance

you do counterbalance first then "convert" to a reach truck next normally

hands up who used to be an instructor ?️

Went on the train to buy a car from Peterborough today, when I got there I realised I'd been fucked over and there was no car and my deposit had been stolen, so I'm £420 down all in as I had to buy a train ticket to get me home (£140!) And then to top it off they cancelled the last fucking train and I had to get the wife to come and get me from 70 miles away.
No more collection missions for me, this place lulled me into a false sense of security and I left my brain at home.
Which also means now I cannot afford to sell my car to Loserone, who has been very gracious about it
But all told a shit day, 13 hours travelling for fuck all, and it was unpaid leave too so I'm also another ton down on the day, FFS, thankfully I've a cupboard full of bourbon. 
So many cons about, do check out Jack Buster on Facebook and the Facebook ebay vehicle scam alerts (EVSA) group.

They target the con artists and get their bank details and report them to the banks, if they have done this to where you sent the deposit then the bank becomes liable for your loss as they didn't close the account when they were made aware, there are quite a large group dedicated to doing this and getting the ebay & bank accounts blocked..

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Car went in for a cambelt change on Thursday (fuck doing that for a lark).  Parked it on the road overnight so my other half could drop off the keys in the morning (they specifically asked if they could have it with the engine cold because the belt on the PD lump tightens up when it's warm and apparently it takes hours to cool down - they've changed dozens of PD cambelts) and when Lady Grumpius turned up with the key, the rear window was smashed.  Big stone had got flicked up off the road and gone through it.  Only £75 on insurance in the scheme of things but hugely unlucky and quite irritating.

Wouldn't have been a person.  Garage is in the middle of nowhere and there really is no footfall at all.

13 hours ago, Jazoli said:

Which also means now I cannot afford to sell my car to Loserone, who has been very gracious about it ?

What an absolute bastard of a thing to happen. I hope somehow you find the fucker and get your money back.

13 hours ago, Jazoli said:

Now imagine being 600 miles into your journey with ferry cost and awakeing from a night in a hotel in Germany to a message saying I've had a change of heart about selling the car,  that was a fun trip for sure. 

How did you pay the deposit can't be hard to track it can it ?

16 hours ago, Floatylight said:

So many cons about, do check out Jack Buster on Facebook and the Facebook ebay vehicle scam alerts (EVSA) group.

They target the con artists and get their bank details and report them to the banks, if they have done this to where you sent the deposit then the bank becomes liable for your loss as they didn't close the account when they were made aware, there are quite a large group dedicated to doing this and getting the ebay & bank accounts blocked....

There are also cars disappearing via Shiply. The vendor hires a Shiply driver to deliver the car to the buyer. Shiply driver turns up, collects car. Car and Shiply driver subsequently disappear. Buyer never receives car.

Had one of those days that started out fine and got worse... Went out to take mutts to the park and next doors bin is buried in the side of my car. Again. I seem to be the only bugger in the world that shuts their fucking gate so their bins don't fly up and down the street and damage cars... usually mine.

Words were spoken, some loudly.

Pulled into petrol station, car parked behind another, waiting for the pump but the one in front of that one is empty (so same side filling) and both on the opposite side are empty. Odd thought I but there must be a reason... There was: bloke was fucking idiot!

'Oy! Can't you see I'm waiting?'

Yes, indeed I can but your lack of functioning brain cells is not my concern nor my right to question, you fat BMW driving wankstain! Some of that last sentance may have been said. I thought the bloke was going to thump me :) 

4 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

There are also cars disappearing via Shiply. The vendor hires a Shiply driver to deliver the car to the buyer. Shiply driver turns up, collects car. Car and Shiply driver subsequently disappear. Buyer never receives car.

That's just happened to a local m/cycle breaker near me, you can't trust any cunt these days. 

Thanks @SiC

I’ve seen the stories circulating about the guy/s apparently stealing cars from unsuspecting Shiply customers.

The problem is that everyone assumes (wrongly) that Shiply have vetted the transporters on their site. I think you have to provide evidence of your address, but that’s about it. Shiply do not give a shit whether the people doing the work they’re taking a cut of are insured or otherwise legitimate and compliant. They also give zero fucks if you lose your money and or car/goods to a con-man.

To a certain extent my business benefits from folk being overly trusting as I often go to pick up cars that have been paid for sight unseen. However I have no issue waiting the ten minutes or so it takes for a buyer to bacs the funds over to a seller after I’ve arrived and ascertained all is above board. Plus  I’m more likely to be offered a coffee and a biscuit in these circumstances!

I’ll probably be labelled a sore loser or similar but I’m still feeling very upset about not managing to secure the roffle Rover 45 last night. I would have bought it outright had I seen it when it was first posted as it’s the first car I’ve seen in six months of looking which I would actually like to replace my rapidly-getting-tired Clio. Sadly I was at work, earning a pittance and didn’t log on until the evening, by which point 40 odd tickets had been claimed so I didn’t think I could really. I just bought a shitload of tickets which I hoped would have been sufficient. I did message the winner asking if he would consider selling but he hasn’t responded, I guess he doesn’t want to and I can’t really blame him in fairness to the gentleman.

Won’t be bothering with any more ‘roffles’

The other 45s for sale at the moment are generally much more expensive and not as well specced/or nasty colours, diesels, manuals, project drive interior etc.

I wish I wasn’t this fussy when it comes to cars!

Yeah, I am a sore loser. It has been remarked upon before. It’s not easy when you set your heart on something; whether it’s a car, a girl or a show award! I wish I’d never got rid of the 600, that was a great car. But the bodywork damage on that was upsetting my dad as it was the first accident he’d had in 30 years. And I couldn’t afford to get it repaired.

Never thought I’d get this wound up over an old Rover. It certainly put a dampener on my birthday!

If it ever stops fucking raining I think I’ll go and tinker with the Somerset and see if I can get that ready to use again (haven’t used any of the classics since October due to poor weather and can’t-be-arsed ness).

You go a bit. Sound like a sore loser.  

Roffles are just a bit of fun. 

Until 59 tickets are sold, it's up to the vendor to take or not take any offer. 

And so to your message to the person whose won the roffle.  It's fucking bedtime. He's still asleep. He might be plucking up the courage to tell his wife. Patience.

As for being desperate for a particular car.

Yeah. I spend 2004, 2005 and half o f 2006 looking for a CalibrE.  My dream car. It was shite. Destroyed my dream. Take the rose tints off. 

And chill. 

To be fair I was pissed off when a 3.0 omega changed hands here and I never saw. I have asked for first refusal. That was a while ago.