The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Took my orange Vauxhall Viva out for a short trundle yesterday.

Driving along at 55mph on a nice straight stretch of road an Aldi driver came out of nowhere and sat on my arse,

before deciding to blast past too close to me and into the oncoming traffic.

Up ahead was a large horse box,Mr Aldi braked hard as we got into the twisty bits,and we all traveled along at 55mph.

28 minutes ago, Craig the Princess said:

Do you have a chips away near you? They might be a better bet. Can often be found in supermarket or b&q car parks and do insurance work.

Haven't seen any of them about, but will keep a look out... are they a franchise type thing? Possibly not available in NI, but I'll check it out just in case - thanks!

I know Halfords claim to carry out windscreen repairs, but considering the high* level of expertise** demonstrated at my local store, I might give that a swerve...

* read 'low' - I spoke to someone recently about replacement HT leads, and it turned out that not only did they not stock anything like that any more, but the staff member had absolutely no clue what they even were, or what they did.

** I weep because I used to do the staff training for that area many years ago...

Fog light dickheads - if there’s a tiny bit of fog but you can see half a mile up the road and are in bumper to bumper stop start traffic TURN YOUR FUCKING FOG LIGHT OFF

Useless old cunts - we give way to traffic from the right at roundabouts. Not sure why you were shouting and screaming at me because you cut me up but I’ll see you at the other office later when I’m there for a meeting....

2 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Fog light dickheads - if there’s a tiny bit of fog but you can see half a mile up the road and are in bumper to bumper stop start traffic TURN YOUR FUCKING FOG LIGHT OFF

Useless old cunts - we give way to traffic from the right at roundabouts. Not sure why you were shouting and screaming at me because you cut me up but I’ll see you at the other office later when I’m there for a meeting....

Yup, they are just as bad as the twats who drive around with their front fogs on as it makes them more visible/looks cool etc, what they fail to realise is that they are quite dazzling when they reflect off a wet road surface, utter selfish wankers imo, you just know that there is a bellend behind the wheel who is a bit of a 'road captain'

Autoglass - I called them out for a chip on the XJ 8, chap was the shortest bloke I have ever seen & obviously wouldn't be able to reach the bottom centre of the windscreen without I gave him a leg up. He told me it was too big to sort and to wait for it to crack, then claim for a new screen. I paid £6 for a repair kit from ebay, had a go & passed the MOT without comment.

Re: Silly old twats....
Had a meeting @ Huntingdon office yesterday, and as some of you will be aware, the A14 is all over the place at the moment.

On the way back, I planned to stop at Tescos @ Bar Hill to get some fags and bread. On the roundabout, I was met - almost literally by an old dear in a Citroen C1/Pug 107 going the wrong way round the roundabout. 

Apparently the near miss was my fault as "You should have seen me".

Well that's alright then Gladys. You do what the fuck you want and it's everyone else's fault. Just like being married.

2 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Then there's the dozy idiots who will stop and wave you across a roundabout when they have right of way. 

I just sit there and wait - 'I can do this all day' ?

I keep getting waved out of junctions in the work van. I just sit and wait.

I'm in a slow as fuck fully loaded van with a trailer and there's half a mile of empty road behind them but they stop and try to wave me out. Just take your right of way!

'Can't pay? We'll Take It Away' and a mum of six who wasn't paid rent for 7 months and left the inside of the house looking like a council fucking tip is getting upset she's being evicted. Heart bleeds for her.

5 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

'Can't pay? We'll Take It Away' and a mum of six who wasn't paid rent for 7 months and left the inside of the house looking like a council fucking tip is getting upset she's being evicted. Heart bleeds for her.

Just telly eh? Wouldn't be a programme if she had paid the rent on time. May or may not be true. 

think is, next she'll be in the mirror with her brood all with their very best "compo" faces on complaining on how cruel the landlord is by getting them evicted, how cruel the gubbermunt is by not giving them free stuff that they "deserve", and how the world owes them all a fuckin' living....

and another grump. 

the mousepad thing on the floppy top has stopped working.

dunno what's wrong, or even how to fix it.

something for kerry to look at later. i hate computers.......

furthermore tomorrow i get to go to yet another interview, this one local and to leanr to drive a bus.

well, i have said for years that i need to get outta engineering and do something else, if i don't do it now, i'll never do it.

i don't much like interviews, and can i hell as like find anything with my NI number on it, well, not yet anyway!

1 hour ago, MarvinsMom said:

think is, next she'll be in the mirror with her brood all with their very best "compo" faces on complaining on how cruel the landlord is by getting them evicted, how cruel the gubbermunt is by not giving them free stuff that they "deserve", and how the world owes them all a fuckin' living....

The council fucked her off, saying she deliberately made herself homeless. The lady whose house it was was in bits as she'd be renting it to get money support her sick mum (or something like that) and the girl who rented it knew that, yet couldn't be arsed paying and trashed the place.

Re:  "Can't pay, we'll take it away"..... welcome to my world.

I'm not a bailiff, until recently my job title was "Debt Recovery Officer".  After a few attempts at telephone recovery via the Company's callcentre in Lincoln or Hartlepool, the defaulting accounts go through a lettering process. And sometimes, more phone calls from an external agency. At some point they will have had a warning of Default Notice, and then an actual Default Notice, which will show on their credit reports.

Then it comes to us, out on the road. We knock, leave a card, up to six times over a period of time. 

The account is then passed to legal who decide what to do next, through an ever-changing set of criteria, including credit scoring, information from Credit Agencies, and information gathered by us - car on the drive, are they working?, that kind of thing.

The percentages change all the time, but they're using Charging Orders more often than not on people who own their property, and they've started to get CCJs and then escalate to the high court for firms like DCCBL to enforce.

MOST of the time they'll get a resolution (I attended a case where the bloke wasn't happy that his Ferrari 348 got lifted up in the air)  but you get a few that really haven't got a pot to piss in, and they're the ones that need help - which is where I come back with tariff changes etc. I might add, all of this information re help is printed on the bills, and freely available on the website or through the CAB.

It never ceases to amaze me, given that they've been written to, phoned, text messaged, emailed blah blah, that "Don't know nuffink abaht it m8" is a very common response.

And the state of some of the shit-pits people live in, you wipe your feet on the way out.

A good 75% of the "Can't pay" is resolvable, if they actually can be arsed to engage with you. The "won't pay" is a lost cause, and they seem to think nothing will happen "Coz my mate ain't paid nuffink for years and you ain't done nuffink", which is a dangerous approach. See that 63 plate Mondeo outside? We'll have that. 

TL:DR pay your bills, if you can't don't bury your head.

I had one on these years ago over unpaid parking tickets. The thing is I genuinely had never heard anything. It had been to court in Northampton and I owed something like £600.

Seems they'd been sending everything to a different address. Apparently that doesn't matter, I should check the post at an address that I lived at over 2 years ago just on the off chance. 

After a bit of trying to wriggle out of it on the basis I genuinely didn't know, I just paid up as it was my own fault for not paying the tickets in the first place. I used to change my cars and residences so often I used to gamble on them never being able to find me and until then it had paid off. Seems that the worlds a lot more organised than it was when I started driving. 

It was squeaky bums for a while though as that was just 2 tickets, I know there were loads more that they hadn't got me for. 

Won't be doing that again. 

Just now, beko1987 said:

I bury my head, it's easier. Any bailiffs come round the entire contents of my house won't cover anything, neither will my car. They won't see the value of the vacuums either. 

Is it true that if it can be proven things aren't yours they can't touch it? 

Far be it for me to lecture you on the merits of defaulting on your commitments, but is that viable long term? Or, indeed, wise?

Sounds like we’ve got the expert on here, but it was my understanding the clothes couldn’t be taken - and also vehicles needed for work up to a certain value. 

Agents can’t take something that is not yours, but trust me when I say the hear “not mine m9” every single bastard day. You’ll need to prove it; they may take it and return it at another time. 

Again, no lecturing here. But if you’re in persistent debt then please get some good, free advice. Step Change have helped a few people I know. 

Oh I'm paying every month, but the minimum as I can't afford any more. Having £37.40 a month left of my wages is getting tiring, and the youtube money goes straight into the zx or behind the till at Aldi. 

Has a smoll pay rise at work though so it might increase to maybe £45 a month, woo! 

(just having a bad day today, everyone's excited about payday and I couldn't be less fussed as I don't see any of it anyhow). 

Using YouTube money this month for the hotel for cannock though, fuck everything else! 

I don't know how often people read this thread, but if you read this and it applies to you PLEASE STOP QUOTING PICTURES IN YOUR REPLIES. It's absolutely infuriating having to scroll down a page and seeing the same images over and over and over again. The general etiquette on this website is to never quote an image unless it's absolutely necessary. Please take note anyone who has signed up in the last year or so...

THANKS

15 minutes ago, barrett said:

I don't know how often people read this thread, but if you read this and it applies to you PLEASE STOP QUOTING PICTURES IN YOUR REPLIES. It's absolutely infuriating having to scroll down a page and seeing the same images over and over and over again. The general etiquette on this website is to never quote an image unless it's absolutely necessary. Please take note anyone who has signed up in the last year or so...

THANKS

BALLOCKS to that. Are you on dial up...

Joking....point taken.....and probably will act on it..

1 hour ago, HillmanImp said:

Seems that the worlds a lot more organised than it was when I started driving

Yep, fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view, new technology and data processing will mean it's a lot harder to just run away and hide. Soon, if it hasn't happened already EVERYONE will have an identifying number attached to them, with data collated from many sources, including date of birth, NI number, previous addresses blah blah blah. Big brother really is watching. Some debts have a lifespan, some don't. And in either instance it will depend on where in the debt recovery process it's got to. For instance a Charging Order on a property will last until you sell the property, in 5, 12, or 56 years, and if the company to whom the debt is owed has got any common sense, and one continues to default on bills payable, ie utilities etc, they'll apply for a variation order so the debt on the original order will increase. Then it's up to THEM when they decide to collect on the debt, again they may want to wait until the property is sold, or, as in my company's case, they will start possession proceedings when the outstanding reaches £5k. So, in layman's terms, (hypothetical figures OBVS)  Property value £250,000. Mortgage (known as first charge ie to Halifax) £100,000. Second charge (Secured loan for Horsey Horseless Gti Turbo Convertible) £20,000. So theoretically there's £130,000 in equity. New charge for not paying your credit card £5297.45. Once the fees and shizz are added on that's more like £7500. Property gets repossessed by third charge company - who are adding fees left right and centre at this point - Sold for less than market value for quick sale, as they have no obligation to hang about, realises £190,000 ( repo'd houses invariably go for less than real value, because either the previous owners are skint and the place is a tip, or buyers tend to be wary that they'll move in, and the house is "blacklisted", which is no longer the case as much as it used to be).

Fees / expenses, interest (all a con - £150+vat for a letter etc) will quickly eat into the remaining equity, to the extent that from the sale you'll be lucky to see £50,000 back. All for the sake of the cost or 20 fags a week. (All this bollocks was not aimed at you @HillmanImp !)

57 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Is it true that if it can be proven things aren't yours they can't touch it?

Yep, the onus is on you to prove they belong to someone else, sales invoices, receipts with names on and shizz. A V5 document is NOT proof of ownership, so just because you've got it registered in your auntie's name, it won't stop someone having it away. 

Re: Value of items; unfortunately it will depend on a) the bailiff, or the bailiff's company policy, and b) the type of writ they're waving at you. Some bailiffs I've encountered will take stuff as a part payment, they won't neccessarily not take something just because it doesn't clear the debt. Eg, a person owes £5000, but has assets that'd bring £1500 at auction. Some will have them away, and expect further contributions from the debtor until the debt is cleared.

57 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

But if you’re in persistent debt then please get some good, free advice. Step Change have helped a few people I know.

^^^ This^^^^
Absolutely, definitely. Stepchange, Payplan, the CAB. 
I don't mind admitting that I got myself in some serious debt a few years ago, signed up to an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA), paid them an amount that was agreed via means test each month for 6 years and the remainder gets written off. It's a form of bankruptcy and it fucks your credit for a while, but it's better than being made homeless, which was a very real possibility at one point.

55 minutes ago, barrett said:

THANKS

to be a bit pedantic, the old forum software just never included photos in quotes

and now the new software does, it wasn't that people were consciously not including photos in quotes in the past

its why you will see even long timers quote things with photos left in as you just hit quote and reply without giving it much thought

(for what its worth ill generally only quote a message or one with images, if I know my reply will end up on the next page, or if the post im quoting is a few pages back, saves people from having to jump around if they have not seen the original post, not that photos in quotes bothers me personally but I am mindful as I know it can be an issue for others)

4 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

...., if it hasn't happened already EVERYONE will have an identifying number attached to them, with data collated from many sources, including date of birth, NI number, previous addresses blah blah blah. Big brother really is watching....

Already happens in China. Has been taken a step further in Xinjiang Province, where all the Muslim population are subjected to facial recognition, regular mobile phone surveillance, and security officials actually living in the homes of the populace in order to record everything said or done, whilst also engaging in re-education of the residents - the ones they haven't already detained. A sort of concentration camp within a concentration camp. 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:51 PM, SiC said:

You're not the only one in this boat. We got an offer accepted on a house at the weekend (yay), but our buyer wants to exchange at the end of the month and complete mid February (boo). That gives us 4 weeks from now to get all the Conveyancing, mortgage changed, survey and everything else done. Almost certainly going to end up with friends and family. 

Also annoyingly our fixed rate mortgage deal ends on the 29th Feb. If we complete before then we have a £1800 charge - even though we'll have paid that months mortgage payment. May just have to take it on the chin as we want zero risk of loosing our buyer. Especially as it's our fifth so far on this house.  

Reading all these house buying problems, I can’t help but think that the house buying system in England compared to Volvoland sounds like a sack of shit