The grumpy thread

outlaw118

11 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

We went to see "biscuithead and the biscuit badgers". £5 a ticket, 2 support acts, Brudenell so change from a fiver for 2 drinks, what could possibly go wrong?

She started being a pain in the arse about 2 hours before. Then was complaining about bus frequency for an hour after we arrived. Stony faced thru the supports, and after 30 minutes of eye rolling with the biscuitheads I gave up and left. Tried reasoning with her on the way back that I go and see all the crap she wants to see and don't behave like a spoilt brat. That went down predictably well.

For extra bonus points we are booked to see "fleetwood bac". Who are an excellent rumours era tribute whatever the hell that means. I can't think of a single song. She lets slip she doesn't like them either. So WTF are we going for? Well her neighbour wants to go. Great. Shoot me now.

She's been a PITA all day today as well. It's like she's trying her hardest to drive me away. It's working too, I'm thoroughly miserable. Early night, sod off home first thing in the morning.

Sounds like ye'd do better just having a pet cat. Similar level of capriciousness, but ye don't have to go out with it.

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

Thanks for trying , the UK GT comes with the performance pack which includes 6 pot brembo brakes , ford say the UK GT was never designed to have a spare wheel so they don't make one , the only one on the market appears to be the automotive authority one at £579 

Not available for vehicles originally equipped with summer tires, Brembo brakes, or 20 inch wheels.

10 hours ago, Parky said:

Read a stat this week that suggested men, confronted with financial worries, family issues, stress, and fear of failure hit their lowest point in their lives aged 47.2 years old.  

That’s nice.  That’ll be me in May.  At least it means things will start getting better from June onwards!

I agree with the stats, my last year was bloody awful. I’m 48 in May.

47.2? That's next summer for me. 

Just about when the real consequences of B***** become all too apparent. 

Paranoia of losing my job (mainly due to imposter syndrome) is already strong. 

Not looking forward to this one bit.... 

22 hours ago, Parky said:

Read a stat this week that suggested men, confronted with financial worries, family issues, stress, and fear of failure hit their lowest point in their lives aged 47.2 years old.  

That’s nice.  That’ll be me in May.  At least it means things will start getting better from June onwards!

I'm past that stage now thank god. I'll be 48 in June.

20 hours ago, MikeR said:

I am 10 years past that , the upside is the kids leave home and the utility bills drop ....

then your body goes tits up .. 

just waiting to lose a dodgy kidney and its mate ,  Lurker the lump .

on a even better side , her indoors has taken off to Liverpool on the trains ...peace and quiet for 4 hours ..

No !  the trains are off ..planned engineering again , bloody things should be perfect by now  !

so its a replacement bus service ....... 

but the traffic  lights are out on the one and only main road ..  which means later on  ...

the buses will be in the traffic jam that is building as more people wake up and travel out

At the moment driving kills my back thanks to Lurker , and I will be  off on a rescue mission in the car to get her indoors ...

tonight I will have a bad back , headache .... but the Dr said I should be ok as I should not be able to feel anything , which her indoors believes .....

for some strange reason I dont believe him

Do you want to borrow the omega ? I can't say you won't have pain, but got to be more comfy than a mk1 focus? 

On 1/18/2020 at 12:37 PM, Mally said:

Cheers Tim, it's a bit too far though, Stoke istadium is closed as well so I'll pass.

I have an empty flo gas, 19kg. but my local place only has 13kg and won't swop.

I'm looking out for a calor, 13 or 19, but don't really need one now Summer* is almost here.

I’ve plenty kicking around up here in sunny Burnley...let me know which size you’d prefer and I’ll put one on the side for you. Might even be able to drop it off when I’m heading towards the M62 one day ?

Do you moisture trapped in a dark orifice! 

Or in your underfelt, take out what carpets and trims that you can, dry em out on the central heating indoors, mop up as much as you can in the car, drive for hours with heaters on full blast and windows open, allow interior to cool down before closing up for the night. 

Get up in the morning to find exactly the same... Buy petrol and a box of matches, stand well back. 

Could just be condensation, it's a bitch this time of year ?

My car is getting condensatiion as well, no leaks anywhere (just the idiot owner getting the boot carpet soaked putting a wet roof in it) so I have just bought a dehumidifier bag from Halfords - £6 and it's HUGE. It doesn't take a lot of moisture in a car to get condensation at this time of year - damp carpets from wet feet is often enough and then warm air in the car meets cold air outside and your' in business.

I've ordered two more from eBay as well for the same price,I will report on efficiency (or lack of) asap. I can catagorically state that apart from a bunch of Chinese immigrants crowding around the car, two sachets of rice does nothing to stop condensation.

I;m not racist either, honest!

1 hour ago, NorthernMonkey said:

I’ve plenty kicking around up here in sunny Burnley...let me know which size you’d prefer and I’ll put one on the side for you. Might even be able to drop it off when I’m heading towards the M62 one day ?

Pm sent, thanks.

22 hours ago, Wack said:

Thanks for trying , the UK GT comes with the performance pack which includes 6 pot brembo brakes , ford say the UK GT was never designed to have a spare wheel so they don't make one , the only one on the market appears to be the automotive authority one at £579 

Is it a standard ford PCd?  Any pick up truck wheels available? Rock auto?

1 hour ago, xtriple said:

My car is getting condensatiion as well, no leaks anywhere (just the idiot owner getting the boot carpet soaked putting a wet roof in it) so I have just bought a dehumidifier bag from Halfords - £6 and it's HUGE. It doesn't take a lot of moisture in a car to get condensation at this time of year - damp carpets from wet feet is often enough and then warm air in the car meets cold air outside and your' in business.

I've ordered two more from eBay as well for the same price,I will report on efficiency (or lack of) asap. I can catagorically state that apart from a bunch of Chinese immigrants crowding around the car, two sachets of rice does nothing to stop condensation.

I;m not racist either, honest!

Fullers earth cat litter does the job - allegedly.

I bought a (very heavy) bag of it and placed some in a knicker-washing bag on the dashboard.

Son took the car to work, great, no condensation :)

Not so great, car full of bloody fine cat-litter dust, absolutely everywhere :(

Back to the drawing board it is then.  Should have been in nylons/tights.  The shops I frequent don't sell such items.

Put fuel in the car - first time this year - and I'd noticed as I pulled in, the headline figure £1.24.9 per litre. So I'm busily pouring gallons of expensive propellant into the tank when I glanced at the gauge - £1.38.9! I was puting super unleaded in the bastard! 14 pence a litre more. Anyway, being the cool dude I am I just did a Gallic shrug (lit a Gitanes...) and carried on. I put £30 in and the gauge didn't even make it past a third full!

It's this I blame for my childish burst of acceleration a little later as I wanted to see how much difference it made to the performance (none).

55 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

Is it a standard ford PCd?  Any pick up truck wheels available? Rock auto?

Couldn't see anything on rock auto 

A few places advertise space saver wheels for the mustang but when you look further they're always 18" so for the EcoBoost or the american gt without the brembo brakes 

Size is 19" 9j ET 45mm , it's the rolling radius that's the problem because of the LSD 

I'm going to france for 2 weeks so am a bit concerned about only having a can of squirty foam 

I'll probably get some tyre plugs because £579 won't be happening 

10 minutes ago, Wack said:

Couldn't see anything on rock auto 

A few places advertise space saver wheels for the mustang but when you look further they're always 18" so for the EcoBoost or the american gt without the brembo brakes 

Size is 19" 9j ET 45mm , it's the rolling radius that's the problem because of the LSD 

I'm going to france for 2 weeks so am a bit concerned about only having a can of squirty foam 

I'll probably get some tyre plugs because £579 won't be happening 

FLASH COONT :D

https://www.amazon.com/Aftermarket-19X7-5-5X114-3-finish-listing/dp/B07FQSC53T

would .co.uk be able to sort you out??

My Mercedes is doing a very good impersonation of a fish tank. Inches of water in the footwells and streaming water inside on the Windows. It’s either the screen or, more likely, the rubber seals around where the heater fan is mounted to the bulkhead.

it was so bad this morning, that the hubnut sticker fell off.