The grumpy thread

outlaw118

:lol: I do as it happens. They are crazy to my mind anyway as there is a reasonable chance of it being hit and a very good chance of it being nicked as it's a newish one and a decent size.

I could do with a new caravan, I guess it must have been abandoned if its just be left at the side of the road. Just to be sure - they aren't living in it at the moment?

I'll just borrow a transit tipper and i'll be over later :)

Had a call from Autoworld (now part of the Stoneacre group) Chesterfield, it's only taken them a week to regas the aircon and replace exhaust rubbers and now want their demonstrator back asap.  Well after having to make three phone calls and wasting all day Saturday expecting a call back they can fucking wait until I'm ready to come for it.  So pissed off with the hairdressers 500 I took the Kreg auto panda to work instead.   Ahhh now that was nice to drive!

I could do with a new caravan, I guess it must have been abandoned if its just be left at the side of the road. Just to be sure - they aren't living in it at the moment?

I'll just borrow a transit tipper and i'll be over later :)

No lights on the last few nights so presume it's empty, perhaps they left it out for the bin men.

So, two moderns have shat themselves in the last couple of pages of this thread.

In comparison, I've been using a 33 year old Ford Sierra as my daily for the last three months and with the exception of overheating on a steep hill in the West Country, and blowing a headlight bulb it hasn't missed a beat. It always starts and happily takes me where I need to go.

TL/DR: All moderns R shit.

My walk to work was made harder by this inconsiderate parking:

c9892ee5fb082aba08eb28256d8408c0.jpg

It's an Amazon driver, stopped blocking pavement, right on a t junction, yellow lines, facing oncoming traffic and right beside a no parking sign.

Was going to tweet at Amazon but having noticed recently another driver being filmed going the wrong way around a roundabout who was the sacked I figured it wasn't that bad. Difficult to complain without Amazon taking that type of action.

Not an excuse but I do feel sorry for the guys that do this type of work - 180 drops a day for pennies each. Horrible work.

They have my sympathies too, a couple of years ago I ordered a rather snazzy flat cap from an online outfitters (Yes I am that sad) and asked that if I wasn't home could they leave it with my neighbour, got a tried to deliver but you were out note, rang the number, was told that this particular online emporium expressly forbade leaving parcels with anyone other than the addressee and any courier found doing this would face disciplinary action, I could collect the parcel from the distribution centre 73 miles away or arrange for re-delivery but would have to be home at the time, anyway, the earliest I could be home was 4pm the following Friday, made it home from work at 3.58, driver turned up at 4.02, I thanked him for taking the trouble to be at mine bang on time and said presumably this is your last drop for today, oh no he said, I've got 32 more before heading back to base (aforementioned 73 miles of M6/M61?M60)  and I started at 6.30 this morning,

I doubt I'd last a week at his job.

So even Wetherspoons don't want to hire me. Maybe I shouldn't put having Asperger's on my (shit; very little experience) CV. But I'm loathed not to because I don't want to end up out of my depth, or I'd only cack up an interview or something. Dilemmas...

There's also the problem of not having a car - I've heard of a few things like railway jobs instantly binning people's applications because they ticked 'no' to 'Do you have your own transport/Do you own a car' etc.

I want a job partly so I can get a car...

Pissed off with local post office. Have filled in an online complaint form to lower my blood pressure but Still annoyed about it all. My only real power is to go to sunninghill po instead - nice people I've seen since 2001.

As an alternative to Sunninghill, Lightwater PO is run by nice people.

There's also the problem of not having a car - I've heard of a few things like railway jobs instantly binning people's applications because they ticked 'no' to 'Do you have your own transport/Do you own a car' etc.

But you do have your own transport, yes it is a bike but you could like many people have a car and cycle to work for keep fit reasons.

Plus if you got a job and needed a car then I doubt you would have too much difficulty getting sorted.

Regards the CV, I am quite good at phrasing things on such documentation where there is a good appearance and no miss truths!

Had a call from Autoworld (now part of the Stoneacre group) Chesterfield, it's only taken them a week to regas the aircon and replace exhaust rubbers and now want their demonstrator back asap.  Well after having to make three phone calls and wasting all day Saturday expecting a call back they can fucking wait until I'm ready to come for it.  So pissed off with the hairdressers 500 I took the Kreg auto panda to work instead.   Ahhh now that was nice to drive!

They're the feckers that arsed me about with my Abarth 500. Took them 5 return trips and nearly 6 months to get a brand new car "right".

They mean well and are pleasant enough but somehow just can't get stuff done.

"Quote me happy" and their shit-bag website....

have just renewed the insurance for the Rover, and want to print off the Certificate thing, mainly for the breakdown should I ever need it.

everything is ion the website cos that is so much easier*. only I cannot for the life of me remember what the pass word was. I've tried the 3 or 4 common ones I use a lot, and it isn't one of them.

ok, i'll get them to reset it and start again.

so they send me an email with a link to reset the password

which takes me back to their website to reset the pass word,

which sends me an e-mail to reset the password,

which takes me back to their website to reset the pass word.....

and on and on and on in a loop....

fuckin' websites, fuckin' interwebs and fuckin' computers....

why oh why oh why can I not just friggin' speak to someone instead!!!!!!

"Quote me happy" and their shit-bag website....

have just renewed the insurance for the Rover, and want to print off the Certificate thing, mainly for the breakdown should I ever need it.

everything is ion the website cos that is so much easier*. only I cannot for the life of me remember what the pass word was. I've tried the 3 or 4 common ones I use a lot, and it isn't one of them.

ok, i'll get them to reset it and start again.

so they send me an email with a link to reset the password

which takes me back to their website to reset the pass word,

which sends me an e-mail to reset the password,

which takes me back to their website to reset the pass word.....

and on and on and on in a loop....

fuckin' websites, fuckin' interwebs and fuckin' computers....

why oh why oh why can I not just friggin' speak to someone instead!!!!!!

Have you tried opening the link in a different browser? I.e. I usually use Firefox but some links are shit and only work properly in Internet Explorer.

Ghosty, when my nephew was asked if he had transport at a job interview he just used to say yes. He did get offered a job that needed a car and was lucky enough to borrow his mother's car for the first month or so. I'm sure the combined might of autoshite could sort you something if you needed it in a hurry (and weren't too fussy)

Thanks for the offers to look over my CV folks. I've not much of a clue about it aside from looking at a couple friends' and a CV writing seminar I went to about 2 years ago... 

I also realised I'd written a couple of contradictory things and I've since got rid of them. I'll have a look over it again tomorrow when I'm not knackered (I'll miss something, been ill all week, head and sleeping pattern are a mess) and PM it on. 

Kiltox: for some reason Gocompare is giving me £3000 quotes for the Colt at the moment. That's three Felicia estates, or two P6 V8s (hnnng).