The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My own fault, I choose to look at it, but Facebook (again). Specifically the local car selling groups.

Wanted: moon on a stick. My budget is £x, so please increase your asking price to suit.

What does everyone have, I need a car that I can rely on as I need it for school runs and after school activities, needs to have a years mot on it and lower mileage the better but I am open to see what everyone has. Looking to buy this week

She'll be back next week to complain that the seller fleeced her into buying a car which might need some consumables replacing at some point in the future.

Lol, that reminds me, I've had to educate a couple of mates recently who were looking to buy a car about this bleating about "low mileage" every non-car person seems to pull this gem out when looking for a car.

If it's been serviced and looked after well then it can do intergalactic mileage, so really, mileage is just a number. Sometimes I feel like saying; "yeah well, your a certain age too, shouldn't you be chucked on the scrapheap then? " :|

Had a look at my sister's 2013 Fiat Panda earlier, as she said it was making a strange noise.

It is indeed. Like a rubber running over metal noise. Looked into the engine bay while it was running and could see that the pulley down the back, below the air con compressor, wasn't turning. I can't even tell what it is, as everything's down the bloody back of the engine! I wondered if it was the alternator, but there are no warning lights to indicate low charging etc. but being a modern, maybe it doesn't have that warning light. Who knows...

She says she'll go past the garage tomorrow.

Sounds like a siezed guide pulley or tensioner to me.

I keep going for cars with low mileage for some reason.

Even though my first car was on 156k when I bought it and lasted 3 and a half years of abuse on a student budget of upkeep and the boost turned up to sillyPSI. I still want another XUD at some point...

Sounds like a siezed guide pulley or tensioner to me.

Aye, doesn't seem to be actually driving anything, but definitely looks like it isn't turning. Hard to tell with it down the back of the engine and only a shitty little LED torch to check it with though.

It wasmt a head on. I was rammed from behind which caused van to go arse over face numerous times then roll over and land side on facing oncoming traffic. The engine was out,gearbox was too and rear wheel was at back of drivers seat. It did hold up very well but i do agree to some degree that perhaps another one wouldnt hold out too well worse case scenario and i kniw i was very lucky. Perhaps its better devil you know after all and black out kia windows and drop seats as its near as large in the back anyway

My mistake Bub, I thought he had hit you from the front first causing the rolls.

What an absolute knobjockey. Hardly overreacting btw Rich, I would have done exactly the same thing had she been my daughter. 

Hate twats like him.

Damn straight, the police have already done their usual amount of investigative work, so I'm afraid the only way for dealing with guys who get off picking on little girls is the Jason Statham way

https://youtu.be/7VKAggGisCc

Headlight bulb out on Friday.

After work, removed bumper - every screw and bolt a different type or size, naturally.

Headlamp out, bulb out, off to get the replacement.

Only took an hour to find it, in the boot under a heap of bungee cords.

Headlight back in. Bumper back on. And there is the cap for the light :(

Wasn't too bad to get the back fortunately.

An hour and a half for a five minute job.

Went to Aldi this PM.  Car felt odd.  Flat rear tyre.  Sainsbury's across the road so blew it up and home.

Both Kwikfit and National both about to close, nowhere else open and naturally I haven't yet replaced the buggered spare wheel.

Looking good for getting to work in the morning :(

Saw an advert today for a lorry driving job. Went like this 'competitive rates of pay, occasional nights out'

Thinking of going for it, my work at the moment hardly ever arrange shit like trips to the pub or restaurants. Be good to work somewhere with a good social aspect. Thoughts?

Not even slightly car related, but...

What sort of a man* thinks it's acceptable to call an 18 year old waitress a cunt ? Not once but about 20 times, because he was served the wrong type of potato !

Apparently this happened when all the other customers and the kitchen staff had gone home , leaving just my daughter and the ( tiny) manageress were in the building. They phoned the Police, but as it was a Saturday night they couldn't attend. I had a missed call, but I was working in London.

Anyway he eventually left , she thinks to go to the Jury's Inn Hotel next door.

My plan to wait outside the hotel this morning with daughter to identify him, then invite him to see how many times he can call me a cunt before he loses consciousness is childish overreacting, apparently.

Completely see your thought process there, I've 2 daughters myself, even though they are little, if somebody upsets them I want to nail them to a wall.

Thing is like you say you'd like to confront him but stuff like that can easy get out of hand despite it being your first reaction. It'd be easy to cave his head in but it's just aggro when you are up on a charge for it. I'd be the same but take it from me the police couldn't give a fuck who started it, you've give him a good hiding and that's all they are bothered about.

Saw an advert today for a lorry driving job. Went like this 'competitive rates of pay, occasional nights out'

Thinking of going for it, my work at the moment hardly ever arrange shit like trips to the pub or restaurants. Be good to work somewhere with a good social aspect. Thoughts?

work do this , though i do not.

been socially inadequate at the best of the time, adding drink when around people i don't know very well, and who  don't much care for iis in my opinion a recipe for disaster.

having to spend work time with them from work is bad enough, but having to spend free time with them too??? bollocks to that!!.

Bub if you are going for the blacked out windows approach I have some dark tint film in my unit you can have for postage (pennies I suspect)

Better the devil you know i suppose. Was looking at car derived vans and found the space in kia is along same size as berlingo anyway.

Just picked up a 3 seater sofa for free, but it's not as comfy as the one we have. My mum doesn't like the colour, so it's gonna have to sit in the garden all week until I can take it to the tip at the weekend. Only 1/2 of it fits in the car at a time too. Anyone want a 3 seater sofa with a reclining bit from ox9 3xz before it rains?

The Audi Q7 is surely now the new ultimate wanker chariot of choice?

Always with wanky plates on that are trying to say something that isn't even a word.  Twice in the last week I have seen on two separate occasions utter selfish and dangerous driving and both times to try and jump a small queue of traffic at the risk of causing a bad accident.  How on earth the woman driving the 207 in front of me this morning wasn't completely taken out on a round about I don't know.

What colour is it?

Snot green.

Academic now as Amy made me smash it up and fill the xantia, off to the tip it goes.

Upon cutting it apart the recliner bit was held in with 3 out of 8 bolts, and the main brace was split.

Bonus is those bolts are m10 so I kept them as xud engine locking bolts, just need to chop them down a bit

Why do so many large companies have websites that are crap and unfit for purpose? Trying to use Stagecoach's site to find a bus timetable and it gives you the option to search by route number or location. Fine, except that no matter what you enter it always without fail says "no results found" and is thus completely useless. It got beyond stupid when I clicked on the 'contact us' link to report the problem and I couldn't even do that because it required me to enter my location first and that's the thing that doesn't work! Honestly, why is it so difficult to make a website that just works as it should for simple tasks?

Just been up the tip and if it wasn't for ANPR I'd have a boot full of Dysons now that were sat in the far corner...

Why didn't you just ask them? Ours sells stuff for a small donation, my neighbour picked up a working electric chainsaw with a slightly rusty blade chain for a fiver last week. A soak in oil and it's running perfectly.

Big fat no from ours now, I've tried multiple times. Back in the day they were a fiver each which went in their pocket. Now, it 'all goes to get recycled', which means a bloke buys them in bulk and takes them to Aston Clinton, then sells them at £15 a pop (had a few off him, good chap).

Good idea! I kept the Puma's numberplates actually, I doubt the tip people would give a second glance toa Y reg xantia. Sadly too much risk for a few £ of scrap dyson though (even though I imagine I'd have been fine)

Order stupid JDM mats. 

Seller ships them.......minimally and declares how much he paid to post them. 

He's overcharged me by nearly £50. Sent him a polite email asking for the difference back - otherwise I'm getting eBay involved and he's being negged back to the stone age.