Rover 216 Cabriolet Auto - Stupid Owner

gadgetgricey

Had a couple of pm's about this, so it looks promising that it might be going to a good home.

First come first served and all that, so if anyone wants to come and view test drive feel free.

Have actually just taken a couple of days temp insurance for it for 01/02 > 02/02 to get it home.

This makes it easier as can get photos as needed, also have a small service road at the back of the house for very short test drives.

Cheers

I really need to be sensible and keep my distance from this despite OMGCHEEPROVERCAB - I really don't need a fourth car with issues, admittedly none too serious.

I was kinda hoping Tamworthbay would have had this away by now.

Hope it gets bought very soon as I don't know how much longer I can resist.

Easy fixes. The pump leak is usually an o seal, these external handles are interchangeable from the entire r8 and concerto range.

The door cars loose will be someone else having a go. The handle will have simply snapped inside.

Radio displays are about £8 and again interchangeable throughout the range. The plug pins on the back define what type it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. Just done something really stupid which means sale on hold for a while.

Car was on in law's driveway, opened passenger door leaned through and opened driver's door.

Even though it's not been used and car covered in frost and ice, fired right up.

Resisted the urge to drive back with lid off as cold, but mainly as roof got layer of frost\snow so did not want to use roof.

Drive back thinking why am selling this as drives lovely, heater toasty warm.

Back at mine reversed into garage, close to wall as I ALWAYS do and then closed the door.

It was at the split second of letting go of the driver's door, and before it closed I realised this was a very bad move....

Car is now home in garage and currently unable to get into it. will need to concoct some wire handle hook device and try and open door through window seal.

Upshot is car sale is now suspended until door is open, and I'm going to fit exterior door handle so does not happen again.

Cheers all

If I'm honest, there is also a chance it might not be up for sale when access is restored as I'd forgotten what a good car it is.

Buy yourself one of these from the bay of evil! You probably will not need the wedge being a floppy top, but the lock out kit has been invaluable to me, especially for the P38 which has a habit of locking itself, usually when the key has been left in! You are welcome to borrow mine, but at about £15 IIRC it would cost less to buy than fuel to fetch!

post-5203-0-73045300-1549029076_thumb.jpg