Festival of the Unexceptional 2019 - free camping and free breakfast available!

quicksilver

New venue just announced for FOTU 2019 - Saturday 20 July, 10am to 4pm at Claydon House, MK18 2EX (same general area as Stowe). Would make a nice 6-mile jaunt through the north Bucks countryside from the Field of Dreams. Concours applications open in January and general spectator/classic tickets will be available in March. Entry criteria has been widended too and it now says it's open to "unexceptional classics from 1966 to 1996".

Great news about the venue; it was a great frustration of many people that spectators required tickets and they were very limited.

Unexceptional classics up to 96 is, I think, also a positive. Cars like Egg’s bASe Mondeo et al deserved to be seen by the masses.

Thanks. Will try to go to this and the Restoration Show next year.

Bit meh about 1996 but that’s just because I’m old and grumpy and think everything* launched after 1989 is amorphous, cynical and bland. Not that blandness is a bad thing in the context of FOTU, or indeed AS.

Nice, will get that in the diary.

Question will of course be if I manage to get the Invacar along to this. We're down to one classic- comfortable driver in the house now so bringing multiple vehicles like this year would be more tricky.

with any luck ill at-least of had some real experience driving on the open road by then, so i could always go in convey in something, preferably the invacar :)

(thats assuming I dont have my own invacar by then  :mrgreen: )

Unexceptional classics up to 96 is, I think, also a positive. Cars like Egg’s bASe Mondeo et al deserved to be seen by the masses.

I think I need to aim to have the rear bumper painted by then and should bring it next year.

Ticketing thing is disappointing, but I suppose capacity is always going to be an issue. (Maybe if Hagerty branched out a bit from the somewhat antithetic stately homes, to a Milton Keynes multistorey or something much more unexceptional?!). Still, I'm sure it'll be a good show and I'll be sure to be there. I think my '91 Civic will be an interesting and unique piece to bring, going off last year's turnout. The Civic was the early '90s giffer car of choice (along with Concertos) and the few that are left are either giffered to death or lowered, engine swapped etc - they're certainly not a car you see any more, and a lot of people forget their existense - prime FOTU material.
In time for 2020, the Civic could quite possibly be concours...

Ticketing thing is disappointing, but I suppose capacity is always going to be an issue. (Maybe if Hagerty branched out a bit from the somewhat antithetic stately homes, to a Milton Keynes multistorey or something much more unexceptional?!).

In my experience, paying entry to a stately home would be the cheaper option...