What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

After a long time (embarrassingly too long) laid up gathering dust, I'm in the process of getting my Sceptre back on the road and it's in a garage for some work.

Will find the old thread and provide a proper update in due course, but in the meantime I popped in yesterday and got this photo. Enjoyed being able to compare the  Ford, BL and Rootes approach to “high end cars” in the mid-70s side by side like that.

IMG_2793.jpg

14 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

John Dodds Merlin engined Rolls Royce is also still on the road

It lives in Spain these days, Dodd emigrated. At a guess it's still registered here because tax exempt and sod MOT, as that thing might be a twat to get registered anywhere else... 

5 hours ago, Wilko220 said:

After a long time (embarrassingly too long) laid up gathering dust, I'm in the process of getting my Sceptre back on the road and it's in a garage for some work.

Will find the old thread and provide a proper update in due course, but in the meantime I popped in yesterday and got this photo. Enjoyed being able to compare the  Ford, BL and Rootes approach to “high end cars” in the mid-70s side by side like that.

IMG_2793.jpg

Look at the colour of that 😍 

On 3/12/2021 at 9:17 AM, Wack said:

20210309_124327.thumb.jpg.859d00eb1fe2f17415d27d095ebfbe04.jpgWhen you work opposite an overgrown 30ft hedge for 20 years without knowing what's behind it.

20210309_124312.thumb.jpg.891cb944131db560fcf8a54cbdd5417a.jpg

I bet it was spectacular 100 years ago , I assume its getting a housing estate now though 

That looks awesome, it’s School For Scoundrels made real😀

40 minutes ago, face said:

You do realise that there are shoes that are even more expensive than £75?

Although those loafers look like they belong with a mullet and a white Ferrari.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:17 AM, Wack said:

20210309_124327.thumb.jpg.859d00eb1fe2f17415d27d095ebfbe04.jpgWhen you work opposite an overgrown 30ft hedge for 20 years without knowing what's behind it.

20210309_124312.thumb.jpg.891cb944131db560fcf8a54cbdd5417a.jpg

I bet it was spectacular 100 years ago , I assume its getting a housing estate now though 

What is the address, I'll do a research/history check on it 

The W114/280E has gone..we saved it from becoming an Auckland swimming pool..bought extra doors for it..fixed oil cooler..but the patchwork of welding was beyond my expertise or bank acc...put on online in Wellington for €1..and a couple of Aucklanders paid an excruciating too much sum for it....I felt bad...but theyve accepted their burden..and i more than doubled my money. When does that ever happen?

DSC02020.JPG

1 minute ago, Rab said:

The W114/280E has gone..we saved it from becoming an Auckland swimming pool..bought extra doors for it..fixed oil cooler..but the patchwork of welding was beyond my expertise or bank acc...put on online in Wellington for €1..and a couple of Aucklanders paid an excruciating too much sum for it....I felt bad...but theyve accepted their burden..and i more than doubled my money. When does that ever happen?

DSC02020.JPG

Best thing to do, accurate description, £1 start and let the market decide it's worth