What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

34 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

This is the Holiday Inn (previously a Ramada) a couple of miles away near the M6 Toll junction...

image.png

Can anyone perceive an emerging theme?

There's clearly some sort of informal competition going on amongst the architect fraternity to see who can get away with the most genitalia-shaped designs....

52 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

This is the Holiday Inn (previously a Ramada) a couple of miles away near the M6 Toll junction...

image.png

Can anyone perceive an emerging theme?

I have actually stayed in an apparhotel here

20210311_222848.jpg

8 minutes ago, Wack said:

20210309_124327.thumb.jpg.859d00eb1fe2f17415d27d095ebfbe04.jpgWhen you work opposite an overgrown 30ft hedge for 20 years without knowing what's behind it.

...I bet it was spectacular 100 years ago , I assume its getting a housing estate now though 

Is that a listed building? Will likely be converted into unaffordable luxury flats if the developer can't find a way of setting fire to it/demolishing it in order to plant more identikit properties ....

32 minutes ago, Wack said:

20210309_124327.thumb.jpg.859d00eb1fe2f17415d27d095ebfbe04.jpgWhen you work opposite an overgrown 30ft hedge for 20 years without knowing what's behind it.

20210309_124312.thumb.jpg.891cb944131db560fcf8a54cbdd5417a.jpg

I bet it was spectacular 100 years ago , I assume its getting a housing estate now though 

Pretty, but that roof will be a cast iron bastard to keep watertight.

15 minutes ago, Wack said:

I assume it was a wealthy area at one time as there was another one as big next door which now has flats on it so that's likely what's happening to it 

Looks like the sort of pile that would once have been used as a minor private school or old folks' home for the bewildered. 

14 hours ago, strangeangel said:

Not arsed really... in the 21st century we should be doing away with the lot of them, both the privileged by birth and 14th rate actresses/Jerry Springer escapees alike.

You are me. 38 years ago.

I haven't changed my opinion since 1983, other than realising that getting rid of them, would cause a civil war with gammons like royalists and it would be easier to keep them, and just pretend they have a reason to exist. 

32 minutes ago, New POD said:

...I haven't changed my opinion since 1983, other than realising that getting rid of them, would cause a civil war ....

This country hasn't had a decent civil war since the 1640s, so maybe 'tis time for another one....although with antisocial media it would be an uncivil war. Also, any system replacing the old one would inevitably bring its own form of corruption as people learn how to game it.

You know when you spend a little more than you can afford on a car, and there's always a little nagging doubt whether you got it right - plus this is the sensible long term car... But it's only got a few months MOT and then it goes in for the test and you panic slightly....

Screenshot_20210312-150540.thumb.png.d9d90a5ac4e9727805ae3bb2501b6591.png

Not even an advisory. That's worth a grin 

18 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

My money's on either of the Kents; they have a rep for being well up their own arses; not naming is bollocks, she's doing exactly what she's moaning at the shitrags for.

Michael the female one is actually from a Nazi family.  Her Dad was in the Waffen SS right up to 1945.  So my money would also be on her, the blackamoor brooch wearing Aryan cow.

insurance is due on shit peugeot

got quotes a coupla weeks ago

got the renewal from them today

due to changes by the underwriter we wont be able to quote for next year

thats not what made me laugh

i pay rate for parked and then x a mile - old git and me did 1700 miles last year so 85 quid and rate - which wasnt expensive so we did it that way

got quotes from that welsh opera fella and the first four were cheaper than the standing quote without the mileage :D - so saved 85 quid right there

ironically one of the cheap quotes was thru axa - who is the insurer at the moment :D which is where the larf happened

im insured with them with the bike and also when the bike got pinched (and they couldnt have been more helpful) so this we cant quote you is bollox

the old git is over 70 i think thats it right there