What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I was looking out my living room window and couldn't figure out what was wrong - then it occurred to me - the lawn has been mowed.

IMG_2093.thumb.JPG.992765abbfcf260caaf049d1110c1998.JPG

Great, but by who ?

Not me, for sure

Presumably not one of the neighbours as theirs haven't been done.

Who on earth has come round while I am at work and done my garden for me ?

Bit of a weird one :) 

I was looking for a part time job , maybe driving a pharmacy van , or Wiltshire farm foods , that sort of thing , found a site that appeared to be advertising said jobs

Just got an email from them with some ludicrous salaries , like , night security officer £46,496 

Scrolled to the bottom to read this bollocks

1714061948_Screenshot_20200927-033210_YahooMail.jpg.ce6bd82004bec71c013155ff8296e974.jpg

2 hours ago, Wack said:

I was looking for a part time job , maybe driving a pharmacy van , or Wiltshire farm foods , that sort of thing , found a site that appeared to be advertising said jobs

Just got an email from them with some ludicrous salaries , like , night security officer £46,496 

Scrolled to the bottom to read this bollocks

1714061948_Screenshot_20200927-033210_YahooMail.jpg.ce6bd82004bec71c013155ff8296e974.jpg

The jobs market appears to need serious regulation at present, in our household I've had my wife and both teenagers looking for jobs, many agencies tout for applicants but don't actually have the jobs available and have nothing to do with the recruitment process, complete nightmare filtering out all this dross and fakery to actually find a job worth applying for with an agency that's actually been tasked with finding employee for prospective employer, only one of the tre has found a job and that was because a friend told him they needed someone at her place.  He's been there a couple of months now and it's a nightmare, many breaches of food hygiene, h&s and employment law, such as no staff getting paid annual leave, no lunchbreaks, and new yesterday known breaking covid laws!! But he darent leave as he'll have to go back into the nightmare of applying for non existent jobs and not receiving so much as a confirmation email..

--- 

RANT OVER

You know that overpriced branded tat they have on display at the Parts Deot in Merc dealers? Golf balls for £80 or wine bottle stoppers for £100 just because they’ve got the 3 pointed star on.

Well. How much would they charge for hand made , individual designed hipster hats ?
C2A27A34-B961-4A63-B642-1107E9F5D275.thumb.png.ed006cfaa32f86d76470ec0a1cd97a6f.png
A lot more than Ellina, that’s for sure. As advertised on W210 Merc Facebook page. 
That’s Mrs N’s Christmas present taken care of!

Just washed this and I’m quite happy with how it’s come out. Applied a cheapo ceramic coating, we’ll see how that goes.

Bonus when my Z3 owning neighbour appeared asking to borrow a set of wheels as he’s mid restoration and he ended up buying my old 3 series winters. 

3FFB157E-9209-4947-8BA8-A8207812AD5C.jpeg

On 9/27/2020 at 10:08 AM, NorfolkNWeigh said:

You know that overpriced branded tat they have on display at the Parts Deot in Merc dealers? Golf balls for £80 or wine bottle stoppers for £100 just because they’ve got the 3 pointed star on.

Well. How much would they charge for hand made , individual designed hipster hats ?
C2A27A34-B961-4A63-B642-1107E9F5D275.thumb.png.ed006cfaa32f86d76470ec0a1cd97a6f.png
A lot more than Ellina, that’s for sure. As advertised on W210 Merc Facebook page. 
That’s Mrs N’s Christmas present taken care of!

Either that wool is 6" thick or those "hats" are just about big enough to keep the end of your winky warm.

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Either that wool is 6" thick or those "hats" are just about big enough to keep the end of your winky warm.

Isn't it the latter? They are to keep the merc bonnet emblem/pedestrian spear 'warm'  I thought judging by pic 2 of the orange wool one sat on a black star?

I mean you could probably also use it to keep your winky warm/as a condom if you wanted?

On 9/27/2020 at 6:27 AM, Floatylight said:

The jobs market appears to need serious regulation at present, in our household I've had my wife and both teenagers looking for jobs, many agencies tout for applicants but don't actually have the jobs available and have nothing to do with the recruitment process, complete nightmare filtering out all this dross and fakery to actually find a job worth applying for with an agency that's actually been tasked with finding employee for prospective employer, only one of the tre has found a job and that was because a friend told him they needed someone at her place.  He's been there a couple of months now and it's a nightmare, many breaches of food hygiene, h&s and employment law, such as no staff getting paid annual leave, no lunchbreaks, and new yesterday known breaking covid laws!! But he darent leave as he'll have to go back into the nightmare of applying for non existent jobs and not receiving so much as a confirmation email..

--- 

RANT OVER

Yup, literally thousands of applicants for even warehousing or cleaning jobs around here. 

i'm loving the new bed.

1948365260_2020-09-1715_57_11.thumb.jpg.f5f0b02f8f108a7a7be3e228299b701c.jpg

well its not new, new, but new to me.

my father went and picked it up with the x-trail, didn't think it was going to go in the back but it did!

and it weighs a bloody ton, i know cos i had to carry the bits upstairs before putting it back together. 

its got my old mattress on it, i'm not flush enough to change that  (yet) and the old bed was dragged downstairs, reduced to matchwood, and taken to the tip.

its been a busy couple of days!