What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

12 hours ago, MikeR said:

knobheads , the ones that cant park ..

went to the farm shop o the way home , it has a field for a car park ,one with a fucking duck pond and a big greenhouse , get the size !

so I parked my car with its arse end towards the shop door so I could dump the sack of spuds in it .

paid the dosh , then got the spuds and walked out to 3 cars , mine , a blue one yards away and knobheads parked up the side of mine ,with  the "6 inch gap " .

he saw me coming with the spuds , I dumped them in the boot , he did not look at me , I squeezed between my old car and his nice new white one .shhhhhzzzzee 

banged his mirror ," whoops"   still did not look at me , opened my door and squeezed in , leaving the door open towards his drivers door ...

put my belt on , started the car , looked at him , he still did look at me ..was staring out of the windscreen

shut the door and drove off , he then moved his car ...

You don't get that problem at Lidl. Oh no. 

1 hour ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I now own a hub cap  from a Princess. Oddly, it came from a town only a few minutes away from mine.

118DE60D-2552-480A-A8D0-A403569CFB01.thumb.jpeg.49cef276d5ce0aa97cd15fdbc5636c0a.jpeg

Now I just need an Allegro/Maxi hub cap to go along side it.

I always thought they were the same , why would a company make 2 different hubcaps that look the same, that would not be a recipe for a long lived, profitable concern. Ahh...

Friend whos a painter has got an elderly ladys car in at the moment. 

A reg w123 estate.  1 owner car.  117k on the clock. 

He was re-wobbin the arches for the 3rd time over many years and had advised new arches and wings but shes happy to just have him tart it up a bit every couple of years. 

Fair play lady. It was rather spiffing. 

It looked very elegant Next to a new bmw with a wanky number plate. 

On 10/6/2020 at 4:09 PM, paulplom said:

More exciting than having your hand down a toilet.

I had a plumber round once to unblock an upstairs toilet , he was up a ladder outside with the rod down the soil stack 

I stupidly asked him how he was getting on

Not great , 3 years at college, 20 years on the job and I'm still poking shit out of a tube.

On 10/6/2020 at 7:42 PM, beko1987 said:

That's the retort I used to use when I had a Huawei. Any poor bastard assigned to spy on me is going to have a hard time! Even Google struggles showing me 'relevant' ads, and Facebook! 

I'm not privacy secure or anything, I'm just very boring! 

It's  a good job I don't have one, as today a colleague and I were discussing the relative merits of electrocution or poisoning and whether you could convincingly fake a lightening strike.

This was all theoretical, we are not really planning to do someone in. If so I'd just bore them to death.

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

an email sent last november asking about something at a hotel i was planning on staying at a month later

got reply to the question about 2 mins ago

wtf

Was it a hotel in Devon? If so, that's about the correct timeframe for a reply, don't be in such a rush man... :) 

Another lmao about a hotel

Checkedi n just now and nice.lady asked would you like a bus to the terminal

It's 200 meters away lol - one of the reasons I stay here

I probably walked more than that from where the bike.is as I followed a sign to what I thought was a rear entrance (ooer) but ended up doing a lap of the building :D

On 10/7/2020 at 8:04 AM, motorpunk said:

I love that sketch. I’m desperate to know where a very similar one  (with monkeys) was filmed. Screenshot below. I have a feeling it’s in Kent but don’t know.

73E9A9A4-0077-4908-9B90-41C46B77B9EE.jpeg

'But who will look after my monkeys now?'

They did film a lot of stuff in Kent (they both live here), but the bit I posted looks like Beechy Head.