What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Despite me being a country mile or so off their 'target audience' age, Radio 1 today has been absolutely effing brilliant. The icing on the cake was that I don't recall hearing that whining fucker Sam Smith once. 

Despite me being a country mile or so off their 'target audience' age, Radio 1 today has been absolutely effing brilliant. The icing on the cake was that I don't recall hearing that whining fucker Sam Smith once. 

That sentence can only ever be A Good Thing.

My uncle has made me grin.  He was telling me about his experiences with an Internet dating app.  He had relatively little success until a Russian bird started messaging him.  He carried on the conversation, got a few photos off her, even briefly chatted to her on the phone.  Then she (inevitably) started talking about coming to England to visit him, shortly followed by detailed messages about what she would have to do to get here and how much it would all cost and how difficult it would be for her to afford the trip, but she really, really wanted to meet him.

So he decided to call her bluff and jumped on a plane to Moscow, then called her when he arrived and suggested they meet up.  Needless to say she never arrived at the meeting - he wasn't really expecting her to.  He went on the trip with the mindset that best case scenario he might get a shag off a fit Russian bird, worst case he'd have a week's holiday in Moscow, so he couldn't really lose either way.

My uncle is 62.

Further to this in the grumpy thread a couple of days ago:

I did some "tidying up/recycling of shit magazines and that" type housework yesterday, and I thought that having stirred up the dust my lungs/asthma was giving me hassle. I thought it would get better overnight, but it's not - I have a chest infection.

So the message is:- don't do housework, it's bad for your health.

I've been to the doc's and have been prescribed antibiotics for my chest, which is making similar whistles, whines, and crackles to a shortwave radio on a wet and murky night. The grin? A very-short-notice appointment, a drive in the fresh snow, and a good deal of left-foot-braking to get the bloody car to change direction! I really did think I was going slowly enough at 10mph, but apparently not so...

After being reminded about Palm after commenting on ‘Europeans only do lager’ I found a supplier and today a box arrived. I dug out the glass I liberated somewhere in Breda for this special occasion.

post-19712-0-59201500-1514581415_thumb.jpeg

It’s been a few years since my last supply dried up. So is it as good as I remember? Do Belgians know how to make beer? Fuck yes, I normally go for stouts and porters but this is just a perfect amber ale, a bit heavier than an IPA and bloody gorgeous. A few will disappear tonight then it will be a good New Year’s Eve.

Saw an ibex Kit car earlier, I wasnt too sure what it was so spoke to the owner, turns out it's running range rover axles and an Isuzu 2.8 td engine, his mate built it then he had it off him, it looked well put together

attachicon.gif20171229_132444.jpg

attachicon.gif20171229_132308.jpg

I never really worked out what the point was of the Foers Ibex. Does anyone know? IIRC, they were sold new with just standard 90 running gear.

I rocked up in my orange vw t5 and the owner just laughed and said "what you going to do with that son".

These Iveco trucks are shite but never known one do this.

Bloke said it had been feeling a bit baggy for a while then went bang on a roundabout but managed another half a mile to complete its delivery before calling me out.

The call taker put the job thru the system so it came up on my screen as ''Engine''???.

Then helpfully put in the comments section "chassis broken / other"...

Here is another grin in the shape of a 12 plate Audi TT that would start for a few seconds then stall,also the fuel gauge wasn't reading and a single fault code was stored for something like lost fuel pump control command.

I had a dig around under the bonnet and then in the boot and found the car had a little furry lodger who had taken to using sound deadening material and rear seat cushion padding as nesting material and set up camp behind the boot mounted fuse board.

post-5233-0-39456500-1514589889_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately for the owner the critter had also decided to chew thru the fuel pump wiring...

A mate went to this Vauxhall owner who was complaining about a grinding noise when he braked.

post-5233-0-67782900-1514590224_thumb.jpg

When asked he said he heard a clonking noise first then the grinding started but he wanted to get home so carried on.