What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Great day having a catch up with some mates and a good few drinks, not so great to learn one has got cancer for the FOURTH time, this time pancreatic and is inoperable, he was quite upbeat considering and laughed when I hugged him and said the shite Mot'less car on his drive just git a bit cheaper. It's in the grin thread cos he laughed and agreed !

Hug the one's you love :( 

It's late morning on Christmas Day here, so Merry Christmas!

I'm down the line staying with family and got the chance to drive our 205 the other day, as it's been lent out to family long term. Great to check out its tow bar for the first time, picking up a new purchase for my cousin:

27493310349_e9eaca8ac0_c.jpg

Verdict: 205 GTI tows 41 year old aluminium camping trailer admirably. 

It's late morning on Christmas Day here, so Merry Christmas!

I'm down the line staying with family and got the chance to drive our 205 the other day, as it's been lent out to family long term. Great to check out its tow bar for the first time, picking up a new purchase for my cousin:

27493310349_e9eaca8ac0_c.jpg

Verdict: 205 GTI tows 41 year old aluminium camping trailer admirably. 

59 days to go - merry christmas fireman bloke

I visited my Nan and Grandad today; a routine festive visit dropping off my gifts.

My grandparents are in their 80's and have long since stopped worrying about giving chistmas gifts to us grandkids. But just as I was about to leave my Grandfather pulled me to on side and said he'd got something I might be interested in...

Inadvertently giving me a brilliant christmas gift...

696.jpg

How amazingly 70's are these...? There were a few others too. Scotland, Wales and England national badges and an AA one...

Been a funny day, my mum is really ill with a chest infection so I am worried about her so didn’t sleep well and woke up with a cracker of a headache. Walked the dog earlyish and spotted a flash of blue go past and stop. Our local resident kingfisher decided to give us a Christmas present of sitting for a couple of minutes in plain view then treating us to a flying display that would piss on the boots of any red arrow pilot. Made me smile as it always does when we get a glimpse of it/ them.

Utterly stunning, we usually just get a flash of blue at lightning speed. This is the first time I have had a chance to really see one properly. I can’t imagine there is a more beautiful bird in existence. The fact that it’s living on a thin stretch of park/ lake sandwiched between the A5 and a 70s housing estate shows how adaptable nature is. We are lucky as we get greater spotted and green woodpeckers, treecreepers, all sorts of tits (no laughing at the back), goldfinch and a few other weird and wonderful visitors to our garden on a regular basis. Another bird table has been added to the pile as of today, this one loaded with fat/ mealworm mix so we will see what that attracts.

One thing I do miss from where I used to live are the Red Kites circling overhead with their cries ringing out. Oh & the Kingfishers on the canal around the corner where I walked the dog.

I don’t think I have ever seen a red kite unfortunately, we did have a close encounter with an owl coming back from the MiL yesterday, we were driving past shugborough when it decided to do a bit of hedgehopping. If it had been any lower it would have left a skid mark on the roof.

I don’t think I have ever seen a red kite unfortunately, we did have a close encounter with an owl coming back from the MiL yesterday, we were driving past shugborough when it decided to do a bit of hedgehopping. If it had been any lower it would have left a skid mark on the roof.

They released some red kites in Northants, a mate has a static caravan, a few years back he heard a woman screaming from the caravan next door , went to see what was going on, a red kite had dropped like a stone and flew off with their yorkshire terrier

I bought a bag of sunflower hearts , I can't believe how many birds there  are on the feeder, they're queuing up on the fence, some really colorful ones ( sorry not a twitcher)

Ms_nuts is mad for bird feeding. we have sacks of seed mix, sunflower hearts, nyjer seeds, peanuts, fat balls and dried mealworms stacked up. costs me a friggin packet but a 'husband' putting his foot down about 'excessive bird feeding' just sounds so miserable that I prefer to just take it on the chin than have that conversation.

We've just got a yard full of red cardinals right now, they just sit in the fence and stare into nothingness, but they're really pretty to see. That and the occasional birds of prey circling overhead, with a ringing squawk that sounds like any big Hollywood movie.

Currently sat down after too much turkey, the kids have gone to play outside, haven't made too much of a mess and only one so far has had to have had peroxide and elastoplast (I was running and I fell on my face it hurts) so overall a good day. Got some new screwdrivers and a tool bag so doing well, I reckon. Got to see family and friends so it's about time for a snooze in the easy chair.

Phil

I'm currently in France visiting family for Christmas. Watching a light display in Annecy this evening Mrs T gave me a prod and said " look at that Mk3 Astra over there". Good to see her shite radar is in rude health! For added bonus an R8 Rover drove past soon after, and I think it was on Italian plates (too dark to be sure plus my eyes are shit).

Ms_nuts is mad for bird feeding. we have sacks of seed mix, sunflower hearts, nyjer seeds, peanuts, fat balls and dried mealworms stacked up. costs me a friggin packet but a 'husband' putting his foot down about 'excessive bird feeding' just sounds so miserable that I prefer to just take it on the chin.

Your problem is the very obviously reply that would be flying your way if you started complaining about expenses. Never let that ammunition get used!