What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Daughter has bought herself a little house.

She has stripped out everything and fired it into the garden,  three feet deep in wood, metal and carpets.

Spent a while this afternoon cutting a lot of it up into car-sized bits to cart away.

After a while I noticed something missing, around two tons of metal rails and decking, access for a wheelchair that I dismantled and dragged from the front to the back of the house and dumped in the garden, with a view to taking to the scrappers and exchanging it for pound coins.

Seems someone else has had the same idea and nicked the lot.

Shame they didn't take the rest of the crap as well.

Daughter has bought herself a little house.

She has stripped out everything and fired it into the garden,  three feet deep in wood, metal and carpets.

Spent a while this afternoon cutting a lot of it up into car-sized bits to cart away.

After a while I noticed something missing, around two tons of metal rails and decking, access for a wheelchair that I dismantled and dragged from the front to the back of the house and dumped in the garden, with a view to taking to the scrappers and exchanging it for pound coins.

Seems someone else has had the same idea and nicked the lot.

Shame they didn't take the rest of the crap as well.

They seem to have google earth but live when it comes to scrap metal, a mate of mine was fitting a kitchen, took the old fridge out the front to let it dry out before putting it in the car, it was only out there an hour and it was gone

only twice have I ever ordered a skip , scrap metal guy is round within a day or so looking in it so either they follow the empty ones to see where they go or more likely somebody gives them the customer list

A few years (actually nearly ten years when I think about it) ago I got a pair of new wings and doors for my 106 xsi. It was a long day and I'd been miles to fetch them - I got home at about 11pm. I can't remember why I didn't just leave them in my car, but I put them up the side of the house, hid behind bins, a good 40-50 meters away from the road and completely invisible.

Next morning at 6am I was awaken to the sound of someone walking up the gravel down the side of the house. By the time I'd got out of bed and looked out of the window I saw 3 blokes throwing the lot onto the back of a transit tipper and driving off down the road.

A few years (actually nearly ten years when I think about it) ago I got a pair of new wings and doors for my 106 xsi. It was a long day and I'd been miles to fetch them - I got home at about 11pm. I can't remember why I didn't just leave them in my car, but I put them up the side of the house, hid behind bins, a good 40-50 meters away from the road and completely invisible.

Next morning at 6am I was awaken to the sound of someone walking up the gravel down the side of the house. By the time I'd got out of bed and looked out of the window I saw 3 blokes throwing the lot onto the back of a transit tipper and driving off down the road.

I had two VW Type 3 doors go off my back garden. End of an alleyway, over a 6ft fence, there's no way anyone could happen over them. Annoyingly they had one piece windows in them, quite rare.

I reckon there's some sort of magnetic detector they use. A light goes off in the cab of their untaxed, red dieseled transit if anything made of metal is put on the ground within 5 miles.

They seem to have google earth but live when it comes to scrap metal, a mate of mine was fitting a kitchen, took the old fridge out the front to let it dry out before putting it in the car, it was only out there an hour and it was gone

only twice have I ever ordered a skip , scrap metal guy is round within a day or so looking in it so either they follow the empty ones to see where they go or more likely somebody gives them the customer list

Unless this is indeed an urban myth, I believe a day's hire of a light plane from a rural aerodrome more than pays for itself in unguarded farm equipment in remote fields etc.... which can be spotted from the air and to which a suitable tow vehicle can be guided, carrying some blokes with boltcutters and a slender grasp of the concept of ownership. And I guess drones will come into play in this practise soon enough too.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

My dad died in November, and I was left the contents of his workshop. He was a great wood worker, and I found a bread board that he was making for my mum. I got the tools out out and have just finished it. Not his best work, but he had an imbecile finishing it for him. Will wrap it and give it to mum from the both of us :-)

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

I suppose it must be a Grin, but it feels so strange... today is Christmas Eve and I'm not at work.  I know it's Sunday and we don't normally open our shops on Sundays, but it still feels odd.

Never mind... three whole days of not needing to set the alarm!  Woohoo!

I suppose it must be a Grin, but it feels so strange... today is Christmas Eve and I'm not at work.  I know it's Sunday and we don't normally open our shops on Sundays, but it still feels odd.

Never mind... three whole days of not needing to set the alarm!  Woohoo!

Same here,but yesterday i was up at 05.20,today 05.40,tomorrow ? I finished Friday afternoon.

Couple of years ago someone in Alton commuted in a year round filthy R19 on a h plate.

Went to Alton today and it drove past me. Chuffed to see it again.

I lived there in Lenten Street for  year in '92, lovely town - would go back tomorrow.

I'm currently staying with my parents for Christmas. They live in the next road to my aunt & uncle. It's a very middle class neighbourhood - modernish detached houses and roughly equal parts modern German chod and Japanese crossovers.

So imagine my delight when walking down my aunt's road at lunchtime today to see a chap out the front of his large double-garaged detached, washing an immaculate F reg Sierra Ghia. Metallic blue with original alloys and not a mark on it. My cousin had a chat with him and turns out he's owned the car since it was 6 months old and does all the work on it himself - it's lived in the garage all its life, hence its condition. His modern Fiesta is (quite rightly imho) banished to the driveway.