What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Unfortunately I work with a load of miserable bastards who would not find that funny, despite the Slough reference. I really want to get some jelly and set that up, but no. It would be frowned upon.

Sometimes I feel some sort of attachment to the pigeon.

Hey Boll, why not get a few live mealworms and let em reproduce? You can get a little 'system' going quite cheaply, we feed ours on the dust at the bottom of cereal boxes mostly.  Bit of apple peel, porridge / flour spillages in the the kitchen etc.

Never ending supply of tasty bird (chicken in our case) treats.  They do wriggle a bit mind.

Your problem is the very obviously reply that would be flying your way if you started complaining about expenses. Never let that ammunition get used!

I made that mistake once

What, the amount of money you've spent on cars , and on and on and on

Never again

Looking through old family pics last night and this one made me grin. Looks like both Santa and my cousin have had enough of the whole Christmas malarkey.

scan0038.jpg

To keep it shiteworthy, here's my uncle grinning at his choice of Volvo Amazon 123GT. He swapped it for the first in a succession of ever-flashier Jaaaaaaaags.

scan0044.jpg

scan0039.jpg

Just spent the last hour snapping off torx bits that are the right size but too small drive , doing the pads on the Volvo. No warning light and they went metal to metal on Christmas Eve, luckily Euros were open till 12 even luckier they supplied the right ones- a Christmas Miracle!

Did a job at 06.00 this morning and managed a 200 mile return trip to Gatwick only braking about 6 times, anyway, wrong thread you might think.

No, this is the least stressful hour I've had this Christmas, 14 people staying, you'd be grinning if you could sit on the drive for an hour too.

@bub

CW Junior #1 tells me he has often had to wedge the tray door up slightly (with cardboard) to get the disk to read, and they fuck up less if the unit is only used horizontally. Did it scratch up the disk?

And he's just told me he has a 360 available, gratis, but it'll have no hard drive in it. Is this any use? It can either be posted or I can bring it home with me from his place on Friday and arrange to get it on to you shortly after. PM me to arrange.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

My son came here on Christmas eve, decided to get us a Chinese meal (very festive) and rather than ring up, used his phone and ordered everything over the internet, gave my address to him, he paid and we waited.

And waited...

And waited. He finally realised he'd sent £40 of Chinese nosh to his house (200 miles away) where no one is currently residing!

Not really a grin, but I couldn't help but titter a bit... he did see the funny side thankfully.

post-20944-0-77932500-1514328980_thumb.jpeg

Christmas junk cleared off counter - check

Fun car bit ready to be worked on - check

Audio book on stereo - check

Wife out of house for 1hr plus - check

Nirvana!

Yes it’s -18c outside and even the ‘heated’ garage is struggling. But wow, what a great way to spend a couple of hours :D