What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I never really worked out what the point was of the Foers Ibex. Does anyone know? IIRC, they were sold new with just standard 90 running gear.

The advantages are better approach and departure angles and the option of an integrated winch system for YOLOLETS4X4!!!, epoxy coated galvanised steel body panels for long life and ease of repair, heating/ventilation system that works and doors that don't come with the ability to disintegrate within 5 years. There are other plus points but those are the highlights. It was also a good way of recycling your green oval product once it fell apart as usually the mechanical bits last far longer than the chassis/bulkhead/doors/floor/sills/etc.

I rocked up in my orange vw t5 and the owner just laughed and said "what you going to do with that son".

These Iveco trucks are shite but never known one do this.

I keep reading these Iveco trucks are shite

I bought a 57 plate 3.0D 35C15 new , ran it until 2013 putting over 300k on it , 5 days a week it pulled a 3.5T trailer fully loaded (7T train weight) approx 200 miles a day, usually empty coming back

In that 6 years and 300k it never left me stranded once, had regular servicing , 2 diffs and a clutch,I only changed the clutch because it started to judder

that's one driver who owned it and paid the bills when it went wrong, Steve my mechanic looks after one the same year, it's had 2 back axles and 2 clutches in the last 12 months, driven by 5 different drivers who couldn't give a fuck about it

in my experience they're far from shit

Surprising someone snapped a chassis, it's a proper truck chassis not a box section like a transit

A post card arrived this morning from youngest daughter, posted on a little Thai Island . Not that surprising that she's already home, what is surprising is that she's been home since June! Over 6 months to get here, that's brilliant that they even bothered.

had that sent a card to ireland before xmas got there thursday just gone

sent one at the same time to nz - got there yesterday

dafuq

Aha, that's where I was smart... We walked! Eva seems to like football, need to stamp that shit out asap...

Aye you need to sort that shit out, or disown her.

3 grins:

Major yomp around Moelfamau today and I wasn't out of breath once, nice outcome from packing in the fags a year ago.

Petrol Seat Ateca averaged it's best yet at 62.9 MPG 

Dude who lives in Loggerheads still has at least one of his Renault 21 Turbo Quadra's, they've been a legendary shite spot for many years 

3 grins:

Major yomp around Moelfamau today and I wasn't out of breath once, nice outcome from packing in the fags a year ago.

Petrol Seat Ateca averaged it's best yet at 62.9 MPG 

Dude who lives in Loggerheads still has at least one of his Renault 21 Turbo Quadra's, they've been a legendary shite spot for many years 

The Loggerheads dude joined on here a few years ago.

23 year old me who drove a 106 Rallye round everywhere that wasn't a housing estate at ABSOLUTELY FUCKING FULL SPEED is going to be quite disappointed with this post:

This morning I drove back from Robin Hoods Bay along the A64 in the snow/fog in the Talbot camper. Everyone was going 50mph or so, steady away. Two dogs fast asleep between the seats, Heater on full bore, mrs reading a book to herself and fetching me an occasional brew from in the back without us even having to stop.

Genuinely enjoyed every bit of that 130 mile trip. Mega relaxing, no radio on or owt, just plodding along to the sound of the wind and the blowing exhaust manifold.