What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The Audi is due a service soon and there's some oil check valves in the head I want to replace-these fail and let the oil drain back out of the heads causing a rattle on startup. 

Been pricing them up by searching for the part number and found the cheapest genuine parts online.

The reason for my grin? The cheapest parts are Lamborghini parts for a Gallardo, cheaper than from Audi

Go figure!

That's awesome, I've black family in Sri Lanka from an ancestor stationed there during the war, the fucker promptly scarpered when it ended.

Its quite cool. Mum phoned me at 5pm just as I was in the zone doing work which annoyed me, think she was calling everyone! That tractor picture is sat on her sideboard. Apparently emails are being sent

Bloke I'm collecting the car from tomorrow has just rang. "Hi Pete. I noticed the steering wheel was very slightly off-centre, so I've had a full four wheel alignment done, a full valet, and I'm chucking in the Bluetooth adaptor so you can have handsfree on the satnav. I've put fuel in so you should be able to do the 180 miles home without needing to fill up. See you tomorrow"

Excellent behaviour. The Bluetooth adaptor alone is £150 secondhand.

I do like it when sellers are top notch. I've got a good feeling about this.

That's a cool story.  Typical shite local rag journalism though.

Luigi’s father Antonio was born on November 11, 1946 in Tiriolo, in Southern Italy

The child’s name should be Tony, or Anthony or Antonio, I’m not sure. “He should have been born in 1946, on November 17 or November 19

So Antonio had your uncle Tony when he was a week old.  Impressive!!!

The Audi is due a service soon and there's some oil check valves in the head I want to replace-these fail and let the oil drain back out of the heads causing a rattle on startup. 

Been pricing them up by searching for the part number and found the cheapest genuine parts online.

The reason for my grin? The cheapest parts are Lamborghini parts for a Gallardo, cheaper than from Audi

Go figure!

When I had to replace a door lock cable in my Audi 90, it was cheaper to get the part from the Porsche dealer who presumably loved me turning up and dropping filler on their forecourt.

Just sold the tool kit out of the Silver Spur for £150 ! After selling the foot stools for £35 yesterday. It looks like I shall make a bit of profit out of the old girl if the correct key ever turns up. As I sold the delivery driver my spare 806 for the same money as the delivery I now have a Rolls Royce that stands me in at £350 bargain !!!!!

Bloke in collecting the car from tomorrow has just rang. "Hi Pete. I noticed the steering wheel was very slightly off-centre, so I've had a full four wheel alignment done, a full valet, and I'm chucking in the Bluetooth adaptor so you can have handsfree on the satnav. I've put fuel in so you should be able to do the 180 miles home without needing to fill up. See you tomorrow"

I suspect this is partly down to the buyer's attitude:  somehow I don't think you've been difficult* to sell to.

I suspect this is partly down to the buyer's attitude: somehow I don't think you've been difficult* to sell to.

I try not to mess anyone about. I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses on this, though. The pics, description, history, story and the seller add up strongly enough for me to be getting up at 4.30 on a Saturday morning to drive 180 miles with a tame, garage owning Wookiee (who doesn't like Mercedes). It's getting a critical eye over it, but in all honestly I'm a little bit excited as well.

I've actually researched this one. Sat down, thought about it, made compromises, and other than the colour it's the spec I'd have ordered if I'd have had 50k spare 16 years ago (only 3 main options available and I only want two of them).

The last time I chose a car for myself like this it was my XJR and that was six years ago.

ever seen the one where the spanish cops see a nicked bike going down an underpass

the seat cop car goes in one side............

guess what happens

that should be done here :D

Even better is the Brazil video where a biker has his bike pinched at gunpoint

Just as the perp mounts up an off duty cop walks up and blows him away....

Job done

Bloke I'm collecting the car from tomorrow has just rang. "Hi Pete. I noticed the steering wheel was very slightly off-centre, so I've had a full four wheel alignment done, a full valet, and I'm chucking in the Bluetooth adaptor so you can have handsfree on the satnav. I've put fuel in so you should be able to do the 180 miles home without needing to fill up. See you tomorrow"

This is lovely. And also shows the seller knows it is going to a good home