What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

My horse shit radar pinged yesterday when someone I know's 'will definitely buy your car'. Now, they haven't seen it and obviously not driven it, but want it delivering about 8 miles away.

I said a few times £20 up front or it ain't happening and I just got a few more messages generally ignoring that. 'Are you still coming today, my mate wants the car?'

Yes, once he's viewed or left deposit no problem.

'He can't get to you or he would'

Thinking on my feet I said no problem, I'll come and puck him up in my other car as I'm in the area and it'll save me a trip later on.

This wasn't to their liking so I said its going to be tomorrow now st earliest.

'Ill leave it then mate'

That's why I love a few emails first, or id have gone there tonight and been pissed about for some reason. I'm happy my suspicions were correct and I've saved a load of grief

Good skills!!!! buying and selling a few cheap motors is a great 'life lesson' about people, that is a healthy exercise for anybody. I'm now 40 and very glad that I learned those skills in my late teens and early twenties, as it now means i can enjoy my hobby with minimum external stress caused by penniless/clueless/gormless wankers who havent got a fucking clue.

Just the words 'definitely will' from a buyer is enough to set my twatometer registering, its pretty much a 100% sign that they won't do whatever it is theyre promising.

I am on holiday this week with wifey, child and pals, we are up at Beamish for the "Great War Steam Fair" which starts tomorrow. Had a few days chilling out and exploring, went to Locomotion in Shildon yesterday which was qualz

I drove the low loader up with two of our engines on, this is the furthest north the roller has ever been and only the forth time it's ever been on a wagon! My boss' grandad bought it straight out of work in 1963. It was restored about 20 years ago but seldom used since and I've been working on it all winter to recommission it, we went up the pub a couple of weeks ago which was the first time it had left the yard in 13 years.

post-3736-0-64596000-1459967652_thumb.jpeg

If you've never been to beamish it's the dog's wotsits, highly recommended!!

post-3736-0-43180100-1459967792_thumb.jpeg

post-3736-0-80146700-1459967841_thumb.jpeg

post-3736-0-89932000-1459967871_thumb.jpeg

What a fantastic event to be involved in. I've not been to Beamish since I was a kid but really want to go back - which is ridiculous as my mam and dad live in Chester-le-street, I could walk to Beamish from their house.

It is indeed fixed. But, the radio is still dodgy...

So, I will have a brand new old stock unit from an Alpine collector in the states (I honestly didn't know people collected car stereos, but apparently, they do.... a lot!)....

So, when it arrives, I will probably wrap it up in cotton wool and store it somewhere very safe for the inevitable moment when the old one shuffles off this mortal coil and plays the last retreat, fading away into nothingness as the final chords play....

:) :)

Not wishing to piss on your parade, but I do hope you like only BBC Radio. When the day comes, you'll discover Yankee PLL radios tuners usually tune in 200Khz odd-steps on FM (e.g. 88.1, 88.3, 88.5 and so on up to 107.9). I also think the MW goes up in 10KHz steps and not 9KHz...

Lovely work girl texted me this afternoon and asked what I was up to. I said that I had just hit a bloke driving an orange car and that he was actually chasing after me. She told me to stop if I'd hit someone.

I said that he had a weapon of some kind. She said to call the police. I then replied that I was going to deal with it and I had just ran him off the road.

Silence. She then phoned wanting to know if I was ok. 

I said not to worry as I was playing GTA. I couldn't speak properly as I was pissing myself laughing.

She called me a dick via text. I then said that at least I hadn't texted her about the group of pedestrians I had just taken out.

She then called me a doughnut and was about to call the police when she realised she had no clue as to my whereabouts. She was laughing too by then. I had to promise not to do that again as she was worried about me.

Bless her :)