What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just had the phone call I was 'sort of' dreading. John the painter who I was expecting to tell me of all the problems with the car, how the paint didn't match, how the dent wouldn't come out, etc.

Instead I got 'it's all done just got to wait for the cleaner to come in and give her a good clean and polish. Oh, and I thought you didn't look very happy the last time you came (I wasn't: he said he was leaving some bits -chips in the passengers doors - as the car would end up like a patchwork quilt) so I did everything instead of doing it to the money. Did every little chip and blemish I could find and to save any colour problems, sprayed it completely both sides! Also got an extra litre of colour in case, so if it gets dented again, we have the paint!'

Okay, I haven't seen it yet, but that sounds good to me! I asked him about me taking the Mazda down and swapping them over so I could take the dollop and he could paint the bonnet on the Mazda (duller than the rest of the car, only bit that's original paint I think!) and he can't fit it in for months, maybe two!

It sounds great, I hope it is but I feel in my bones that she looks good. :)

I went gardening again today with my mate. We're a right pair of knobheads at the best of times and had a great laugh, whilst still managing to do a good job. I bet the bloke's neighbours were really impressed* as a shitty pair of step ladders were lent against a BFO hedge and I was sort of half hanging on, half lopping away, then drove off in a 406 estate full of grass and hedge clippings and veg oil smoking it's bollocks off. 

Right, who likes watching old TV shows and movies to spot the background shite?

Stuff like Department S, The Barron, The Gaffer, Selwynn Froggitt, The Beiderbecke Trilogy and more recent things like At Home with The Braithwaits. 

And movies such as The Hard Way (hitman drives an Austin princess), Harry's Game, The Ipcress Files and Robbery.

If that's you, you need to get on over to Network as they're having a 40% off sale.

http://networkonair.com/shop/94-TV?

http://networkonair.com/shop/103-the-british-film?

If you're sitting their thinking that Network are some fly-by-night outfit who want to steal your credit card details, they're not.

They're the people who actually published the "Look at Life" series which has been so ably screen grabbed by Vin and Trigger on here.

Well thats been an interesting week.

To start with, my cousin confirms date of her recently announced wedding in New York, asks ickle Seth if she'd like to be bridesmaid.  Stars align in such a way that school are willing to sign her off that week (coincided with a residential trip with her class so missing barely any lessons), accomodation has been arranged with friends, resaonably priced flights found and booked. It'll be ickle_Seth's first time on a plane and my first since 2004.

I Googled on Thursday to see if there was anything horological of interest/museum/collections etc to see while there and found the existence of the New York Horological Society. As a result, after a couple of emails it would seem that they are now going to arrange a meeting around the dates of our trip and I'm going to be giving the lecture....

Went to Beamish with my beloved Kinky girl. Very nice watching stuff drive endlessly round, but the bloody place was heaving. They're also rather good at gouging the fuck out of you for anything. V expensive day of queueing.

Yes, this sounds grumpy, but there was a fun highlight. Ticket desk girl wants names for passes. Kinky girl's has somehow come out with Martha on it. Slightly* wrong.