What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I saw someone towing a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit on a trailer behind a Frontera on the M40 today. It was snaking like a bastard at 40mph and made my stomach churn just thinking about it!!!! Luckily I was able to drive past it and think about summert else.

WCPGW? http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/13341096.Vintage_Rolls_Royce_owner_had_car_for_just_hours_before_it_overturned_on_A350_near_Trowbridge/

You know when you buy a car and he seller has "lost/misplaced" the history and will send it on if they find it ... We all know the car has no history and they will never find it.

The Volvo I recently bought came with a box file full of history and no such words from the seller.  Today I got a fat hand written envelope in the post, which is not a common thing these days, so I curiously opened it:

post-4715-0-17994000-1455911011_thumb.jpg

Yes, more history for the Volvo file.

I don't care if you think its wrong, you don't like it or its on its way to the scrapyard..... It makes me grin....

$_57.JPG

And if I saw it on the road I would be going mad, pointing, shouting and grinning from ear to ear......

and MrsD would be giving me that "grow up" look .......... :-P

Don't they have an aluminium bonnet? 

I saw someone towing a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit on a trailer behind a Frontera on the M40 today. It was snaking like a bastard at 40mph and made my stomach churn just thinking about it!!!! Luckily I was able to drive past it and think about summert else.

When I bought my Spirit I trailered it the fist 100 odd miles home and they are bloody heavy. With the right trailer and tow car 50 is just about ok but I was using a 3.1 Trooper with a 17ft bed Brian James trailer. You really need to concentrate to keep the speed down or it will snake.

The braked towing weight for a Frontera DTI is 2.8t, a Silver Spirit is 2.25t - it might have been within 2.8t if it was a light trailer.

Planning my annual trip to meet up with some mates living in the Czech Republic in May - this year it's in the home town of the original Budwieser. I'm going to ride my 125cc scooter there, just because.............

Found I can put it and myself on a motorail train between Dusseldorf and Vienna for €168 return, meaning just a leisurely 5 hour ride from Coquells to Dusseldorf and a two hour from Vienna to Ceske Budejovice. This means iI can go out on Thursday morning and be home Monday evening. Sweet.

I think a car is €90 each way for the same week ( plus €39 each way for your seat). Is ther a cheaper way to cross Europe (www.obb.at)?

Planning my annual trip to meet up with some mates living in the Czech Republic in May - this year it's in the home town of the original Budwieser. I'm going to ride my 125cc scooter there, just because.............

Found I can put it and myself on a motorail train between Dusseldorf and Vienna for €168 return, meaning just a leisurely 5 hour ride from Coquells to Dusseldorf and a two hour from Vienna to Ceske Budejovice. This means iI can go out on Thursday morning and be home Monday evening. Sweet.

I think a car is €90 each way for the same week ( plus €39 each way for your seat). Is ther a cheaper way to cross Europe (www.obb.at)?

Ooooo what 125 scooter have you got. I have just the thing for a road trip to the Czech republic.

Really wanted to take the CZ. We did a group visit to the Jawa museum a couple of years ago, and they were the only ones I saw whilst there. All the Czech's I know all ride BMW GS's which is disappointing.

Those Tatrans look great - are spares a problem? CZ and Jawa spares are so easy to get and not at all expensive.

Thank you everybody for looking out for Chompy and Bub.  I wasn't involved in the accident and I feel selfish saying it but the outcome has hit me pretty hard today.  Chompy's my little brother and Bub is a top bloke I respect, to have lost both together in one incident... It doesn't bear thinking about.   To see the support, well wishes and even battle plans to get Bub mobile again is really heartwarming and just further proof of why being part of this community is so good.

I was in a carpark when a Vantage drove behind me... Fuck the car unless it's the V12. This was V12 'white' but sounded like an angry bastard of a V8.

The car is parked about 6 cars away and I can't see it, but I see a guy loitering, not sure of it was the driver or an admirer. As I'm leaving he has parked in two bays. Crummy private reg. I see no badging on the back, but I see the V12 bonnet vents. I also see an a4 piece of paper on the windscreen 'TWAT'

DVLA results? 2005 V8, maybe the paper was correct.