Old photos for Yugo fans

ChinaTom

I just found these old snaps taken by a long deceased family member who attended this junket back in the 80's. He was the proprietor of Willows Garage and Baylham Garage in Suffolk. He became a Yugo dealer as well as a Dacia and Lonsdale dealer. He always maintained they were a step up from the British Leyland stuff he used to inflict on the locals.

post-612-0-19889100-1485429180_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-70177700-1485429205_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-93720400-1485429216_thumb.jpg

Cheers for sharing, this stuff becomes history so quickly.....Intrigued as to what the red station wagon is in the penultimate photo.   You can only see the roof at the foot of the print, it seems to be a variant of Fiat 1100.... 

Edit - Actually now I look again it seems more 850T-like!

There are so many old photos to go through, but the majority are all of Costa Brava and the spoils of such a mighty dealership with leathery skin, pina coladas and very VERY dodgy attire on golf courses. I'll keep looking. I was assured that there are some photos of the first Lonsdale to arrive at the dealership (I was in the back seat on it's maiden voyage to Needham Market, and recall it vividly), but they have yet to come to light. AS will have the 'exclusive'.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Cheers for sharing, this stuff becomes history so quickly.....Intrigued as to what the red station wagon is in the penultimate photo.   You can only see the roof at the foot of the print, it seems to be a variant of Fiat 1100.... 

Edit - Actually now I look again it seems more 850T-like!

Yes. I can confirm that Zastava used to build their own version of the 900T van called the 900AK...

dscn1864hq1.jpg1..jpg

That book I bought in the USA - The Yugo - Rise and Fall of the worst car in the world

post-20411-0-23281600-1485538979_thumb.jpg

He always maintained they were a step up from the British Leyland stuff he used to inflict on the locals.

The book details all the numerous engineering and quality improvements they had to make for the US market (a lot for Federal Safety and Emissions standards).  It gives the impression that most of the workforce worked extremely hard to try and deliver - but there was only so much they could do with what they had.